Interesting....

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 255
Pat Flanakin | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Oct 20 2010 9:02 AM

I was contacted via email by a salesman at Logos who proposed I give them a list of resources and they would provide me the lowest price they could off the listed sales price.

Before I submitted anything, he sent me a large list of resources with reduced prices, but unfortunately, they were either all from reformed or from authors who are more liberal, which I avoid.  I have enough of that stuff in my Portfolio LE package.

So I provided him two of the highly recommended resources from a pastor who is rather conservative and of the free grace side of the tracks and was told they were already at the lowest price online.

I have a hunch that the conservative materials are so much more in demand that they can afford to keep the prices higher as they have no problem selling them.  The other stuff is hard to move and must be dropped in price.  Economics tell a lot since one cannot argue obsolescence.

Posts 769
Alan Charles Gielczyk | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 20 2010 8:58 PM

Are you implying reformed = liberal?

Posts 1674
Paul N | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 20 2010 10:41 PM

Alan Charles Gielczyk:

Are you implying reformed = liberal?

I'm pretty sure Pat was just about to add that his town has two sets of tracks running perpendicular to each other.  His side (free grace) inhabits the southern and western parts of town as split by the tracks.  The reformed people are just north of him, yet on the other side of the East to West track still on the west side.  They never seem to get out of church on time, so they're easy to beat to the cafeteria line on Sundays.  The liberals on the other hand live south of the tracks just like Pat does yet on the east side of town.  Pat rubs shoulders with them at Friday night bingo and at the flea markets.  He's also made some good friendships with them during the annual town park clean up.  In case anyone was wondering the Northeast side of town is dominated by a wetlands/forest nature preserve always ripe for hunting and fishing.

Pat you know I'm just kidding you... Stick out tongue

Oh and Alan, I would assume from the OP, Pat desires not to collect any more reformed or liberal resources.  They differ on many "points" yet find themselves common in opposition to Pat's preference.

Posts 2917
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 21 2010 5:06 AM

Don’t like what is offered by Logos?  Then check out ‘PARTNERS’

Go to  Logos.com

Click on Products

Then about half way down the page on the right find

Publishing Partner Products

·         Word Biblical Commentary 

·         MacArthur LifeWorks Library

·         The Essential IVP Reference

·         Preacher's Commentary

·         Theological Journals

·         All Items

Some of these have a different ‘bias’ then the other items in Logos

Posts 3917
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 21 2010 6:26 AM

Pat Flanakin:

I was contacted via email by a salesman at Logos who proposed I give them a list of resources and they would provide me the lowest price they could off the listed sales price.

Before I submitted anything, he sent me a large list of resources with reduced prices, but unfortunately, they were either all from reformed or from authors who are more liberal, which I avoid.  I have enough of that stuff in my Portfolio LE package.

So I provided him two of the highly recommended resources from a pastor who is rather conservative and of the free grace side of the tracks and was told they were already at the lowest price online.

I have a hunch that the conservative materials are so much more in demand that they can afford to keep the prices higher as they have no problem selling them.  The other stuff is hard to move and must be dropped in price.  Economics tell a lot since one cannot argue obsolescence.

I guess one thing I would ask sales is: "would you really like to see the list I have, or did you have  a prearranged collection in mind?"  As for the sales practices of sales--i really don't know their methods for determining the low price.  All I know is I pretty much trust Jared, my sales guy, when he says: "this is the lowest I can offer."  And some of those prices have been pretty darn low . . . and they were not necessarily Reformed and or liberal.  (just a joke directed at some of the wags below your post)

A more pressing question I have is WHAT BUTTON DID I PUSH TO MAKE THIS ALL ITALICS--AND TO BE LOCKED in italics!  (and no, it was not ctrl I or the "I" button.)  Weird.

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 21 2010 6:28 AM

Dan DeVilder:
A more pressing question I have is WHAT BUTTON DID I PUSH TO MAKE THIS ALL ITALICS--AND TO BE LOCKED in italics!  (and no, it was not ctrl I or the "I" button.)  Weird.

I think your post was very slanted :-)

Posts 4768
RIP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 21 2010 7:05 AM

Dan DeVilder:
All I know is I pretty much trust Jared

I can vouch for Jared as well. He is also very responsiveYes

Posts 3917
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 21 2010 7:27 AM

Philip Spitzer:

Dan DeVilder:

I think your post was very slanted :-)

LOL, Philip!  . . . And . . . in reality you are not a dog with a green Angel on top your head?   (EDIT: had to replace a non-functioning "dog" emoticon with the actual word.  Logos, fix that!  I DEMAND it!  Surprise)

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 21 2010 7:34 AM

Dan DeVilder:
LOL, Philip!  . . . And . . . in reality you are not a dog with a green Angel on top your head? 

Actually, I decided to change my avatar to my current owner's picture.

Posts 1374
nicky crane | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 21 2010 7:52 AM

and what has Robert Pavich done with his dog?Stick out tongue

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS