inconsistent resolution?

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 83
Gabe Orea | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Oct 21 2010 10:10 PM

Hi all,

Why there is no a decent minimum resolution for the graphics (map, pictures, etc.) that Logos accepts from publishers?  (I'm sorry if I might be asking the wrong question... anyway my complain is essentialy about poor graphics).

It is so dissapointing, for example, to see a picture of The Via Egnatia in the Holman Bible Handbook, or the pathetic chart 35, page 354, in Wallace,  Greek Grammar Beyond the Basics - Exegetical Syntax of the New Testament, where it is even difficult to read the words there.  There are many other examples as well. Maybe two problems are present: both resolution and quality of scan.

Who can take care of that? 

Thanks a lot,

Gabe Orea.

Posts 19692
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 21 2010 10:44 PM

I'm not sure anyone can take care of the global problem, since all these resources have already been accepted from publishers. But whenever you come across cases where the resolution is so poor it's hardly readable or really pathetic, you can email logos4feedback@logos.com and ask them to get better graphics for that resource, if it's within their power to do so. They would probably need a list of specific resources that have this problem in order to be able to address them, rather than just a general frustration that there is no decent minimum resolution.

Also there's no guarantee they'll be able to improve the resolutions on many of these. Sometimes the publishers will refuse to give higher resolution versions so that they maintain the exclusive rights to the high-res versions. Sometimes the decision might have been made to go with lower resolution versions in order to save space since there are hundreds and hundreds of graphics in that particular resource. But it's certainly worth raising the issue on the ones you particularly care about!

Posts 83
Gabe Orea | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 21 2010 11:05 PM

Thanks Rosie. I appreciate your input.

Blessings,

Gabe.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS