BUG? Mac updates cause PC version to update

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 66
Thomas Wooded | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Oct 23 2010 6:44 PM

I have Mac version 4 running on my MacBook Pro.  I also have Parallels and Windows Pro 7 installed to run the PC version 4.1.  When there is an update of the program or if I download a new resource, when the installer asks to install the update, it quits the Mac version but then starts the PC version and installs the update there.  It will install the update when I restart the Mac version.  How do I keep the PC version from starting?

Logs attached6332.Logs.zip

MacBook Pro 13" 2.53GHz Intel Core 2 Duo & 4GB RAM
MacOS 10.6.6 and Windows 7 Pro

Posts 10819
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 23 2010 6:54 PM

Thomas Wooded:
How do I keep the PC version from starting?

I have not had this problem, but you must have Windows running under Parallels for L4 Win to start. If you do not wish to quit Parallels, try hiding it while installing the update. I have used that technique to isolate one from the other.

Posts 216
Dan | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 23 2010 7:32 PM

I have to put Parallels in the Trash  every time I update Logos4Mac resources because of the same reason. Note that this only happens when updating resources, not when updating the application itself.

It started doing this once I installed the beta. I've posted twice before about this with no response.

Posts 66
Thomas Wooded | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 23 2010 8:24 PM

Jack Caviness:

You must have Windows running under Parallels for L4 Win to start.

This is not true.  Since L4 Win is associated with Parallels, it will start Parallels and Windows automatically if you double-click on the icon for L4 Win in the Finder (or apparently if the Logos Installer tries to start it).

Any Logos developers have any ideas here?

Posts 66
Thomas Wooded | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 23 2010 8:26 PM

Dan Giese:

I have to put Parallels in the Trash  every time I update Logos4Mac resources because of the same reason. Note that this only happens when updating resources, not when updating the application itself.

It started doing this once I installed the beta. I've posted twice before about this with no response.

Thanks for the tip.  I'll try this as a workaround until someone from Logos solves this. (hint hint!)

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 24 2010 10:32 AM

Thomas Wooded:

Dan Giese:

Thanks for the tip.  I'll try this as a workaround until someone from Logos solves this. (hint hint!)

Wonder about changing Parallels virtual machine configuration:

http://download.parallels.com/desktop/v6/docs/en/Parallels_Desktop_Users_Guide/

Introduction

+ Configuring the Virtual Machine

++ Options

Security Settings (e.g. Isolate Mac from Windows) OR Application Settings (e.g. Share Windows applications with Mac)

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS