Logos 4.1 crashes every time at start up

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
This post has 14 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 11
David Groenenboom | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Oct 25 2010 2:23 AM

Ever since the last update, I cannot get Logos started.

It goes partially through the start up process, then the screen 'whites out', and it locks up. I cannot even stop it through Win  7 Task Manager

I am running a Sony VAIO TT15GN with 4Gb RAM under Win 7.

Any help would be appreciated!

Dave Groenenboom, Brisbane, Australia

Posts 291
Bob Schlessman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 25 2010 4:44 AM

David,

You might try holding the control key when you start Logos. This will bring up the sign-in window. Then click on the "work offline" button. By doing this you will isolate the internet and determine whether or not that is the issue.

Also have you installed all of the latest WIndows and driver updates for your laptop? Just a thought. Finally, how long are you waiting before deciding it is locked up. Sometimes there are CPU intensive functions running that will give the appearance of a lockup but if enough time is given everything will eventually stabilize and run. Given the hardware on your system that could be a possibility.

Hope you are able to resolve the issue.

Kindest regards,

Bob

Posts 11
David Groenenboom | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 25 2010 4:53 AM

Hey Bob,

Thanks for the prompt response.

I am quite sure I have the latest update of the Win 7 OS and of Logos

In terms of 'wait time' I think today I wanted for about 20mins. I know what you're referring to, though: sometimes it looks as though a program is not responding, and it 'rights itself' after a short amount of time. Unfortunately, that is not happening with these lock ups.

I'll try the ctrl key thing and see how we go...

Dave.

Posts 11
David Groenenboom | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 25 2010 4:58 AM

Used the Ctrl key when starting. Still crashed.

Sad

Dave

Posts 27414
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 25 2010 5:24 AM

Hi Dave, we need to see some logs. Enable permanent logging, start L4 normally and then upload logs soon after the crash.

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 11
David Groenenboom | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 25 2010 5:34 AM

OK, Try these...

7043.Logos4.log

62387.Logos4Crash.txt

Thanks,

Dave

Posts 291
Bob Schlessman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 25 2010 5:54 AM

David Groenenboom:

Hey Bob,

Thanks for the prompt response.

You are very welcome, though it didn't seem to help you. It looks like those more knowledgeable than I about Logos are responding so I am sure the issue will be resolved.

Best wishes to you,

Bob

Posts 27414
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 25 2010 5:57 AM

David Groenenboom:
OK, Try these...

The logs are unrelated (different times) but may point to at least two issues:

• other processes accessing files when L4 wants them  - virus scanner typically. Block them from accessing the \Logos4 folder (below).
  • problem with TR1550MR.logos4. Delete this from C:\Users\Dave\AppData\Local\Logos4\Data\tzabsbts.gxv\ResourceManager\Resources\

Restart L4, which will attempt to re-download & index TR1550MR. If it crashes wait about 1 minute, close L4 and upload the logs, including Logos4Indexer.log.

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 17
Skip Tyler | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 25 2010 11:37 AM

Dave, I had something very similar happen to me in July.  Because I couldn't get help right away and I am impatient, I uninstalled Logos 4 and deleted the folder.  I then reinstalled.  I have been operating trouble free since.  I am not recommending you do that, but I had the same problem you did.  I hope and pray someone can help you fix it. 

Posts 11
David Groenenboom | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 25 2010 2:49 PM

Thanks Dave,

This looked to have resolved the issue. I have attached the new log...

4111.Logos4.log

• I quarantined the Logos4 folder in my virus software, as you suggested, and deleted the  TR1550MR.logos4 file
  • I then restarted Logos, it fired up fine, and it started downloading 139.7mb of updates - which I guess is the file I deleted.

After the download was complete, Logos 4 then restarted, and the message "Preparing your Library...this may take some time" appeared. I left the room for a few minutes, and when I returned it was back to the 'whitewashed screen'. I did note, however, that indexing continued in the system tray.

So, I am not entirely sure where we are up to, now.

New log file attached...

66057.Logos4.log

Posts 27414
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 25 2010 3:18 PM

Some updates also came through as TR1550MR is 4.5MB. Please upload your logos4Indexer.log file after indexing completes. Then restart L4 using the Ctrl key, open to a blank layout and try to build a new layout.

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 11
David Groenenboom | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 25 2010 3:27 PM

Once indexing was complete, I restarted, and it looks to be stable. If I still have issues I will follow your next step.

Thanks so much for your help, Dave

DG

Posts 27414
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 25 2010 5:48 PM

You're welcome.

BTW I live in Melbourne.

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 11
David Groenenboom | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 25 2010 8:32 PM

Thanks Dave,

Melbourne is a nice place - used to live there myself 1989-1995.

Are you able to tell em what the problem was with Logos - or is it too complicated?

Posts 27414
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 25 2010 8:58 PM

David Groenenboom:
Are you able to tell em what the problem was with Logos - or is it too complicated?

There are many issues that can arise with the data structures used, the .NET programming interface and the OS. I advise users as best I can but Logos developers/technicians may also advise based on their superior knowledge. To get their attention the convention is to to prefix the thread title with

Crash:   for a crash!

Bug:      for a potential bug. And

Sugg:   can be used for a suggestion.

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS