'Open File' Filter

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 25
Wonderer | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Oct 26 2010 1:36 AM

I don't have time to see if anyone else already suggested this... Sorry.

PROBLEM:  As the files I create increase, it's getting more difficult to locate specific ones when trying to open them.

SOLUTION:  Filter the types of user-created files that are displayed in the "open file" dialog box according to the type of file I hover my mouse over on the "create new" adjacent dialog box.

EXAMPLE:  If I am wanting to open a certain "note" file... just click "File", hover the mouse over "Note" (as if to create a new note... thereby filtering the files in the "Open" list to show only created notes), & select the note file I'm searching for.

Posts 18867
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 26 2010 2:36 AM

You can already filter the files by type. Just type the file type (or the first few letters of it) into the Find box at the top of the right hand side of the File menu, and it will filter the list to show only notes, clippings, or whatever. You can also type a few letters of the file name and just the files that match those letters will show up in the list.

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 26 2010 2:50 AM

And I'll take this time to once again put my plug in for being able to filter both the file type and the file name at the same time. So if I type "clip fathers" or "clippings fathers" the only result in the picture Rosie showed above would be the last one.

Posts 18867
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 26 2010 3:02 AM

Philip Spitzer:

And I'll take this time to once again put my plug in for being able to filter both the file type and the file name at the same time. So if I type "clip fathers" or "clippings fathers" the only result in the picture Rosie showed above would be the last one.

If Logos would just change the way the words are treated to AND instead of phrase search, that should be sufficient. In fact, that way we'd be able to search for early fathers and find the last one as well.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS