Android

Page 4 of 5 (83 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
This post has 82 Replies | 8 Followers

Posts 939
Bill Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 12 2011 1:20 PM

Robert Pavich:

Wow! Is all I can say....I just got my Transformer and it's very very nice!

Now...keep in mind..I've NEVER owned a tablet so this could be 1/2 as good as an iPad and I wouldn't know it....

but so far...very impressive.....Big Smile

Hi Robert. How do you anticipate using it? My desire for an iPad primarily is being able to read my Logos books on it as opposed to reading them on my Lenovo notebook. If the Transformer is comparable to an iPad, I would prefer the Asus simply because I don't care for Apple's total and, IMO, arbitrary control over apps (such as pulling the Manhattan Declaration and Exodus apps because of homosexual protests). Alas, there is yet no Logos Android app so I don't have a good reason for a Transformer. Perhaps you could provide a few. Wink

Pastor, Cornerstone Baptist Church, Clinton, SC

Posts 236
Michael March | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 12 2011 4:48 PM

As long as you like it, that's what matters!  Enjoy!

Windows PC - Android Phone - Surface Pro 4

Posts 939
Bill Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 12 2011 6:28 PM

Michael March:

Is that in response to my question, Michael? If so, I have to have reasons to justify a relatively major (over $50 is relatively major to me Smile). As I said, the basic appeal of a tablet for me is reading some of my Logos books and having popup Scriptures and activated links for footnotes, etc.. Because there is no Android app for Logos at present, I'm wondering what other uses one would have for a tablet. If I can see how that would benefit me, then I may order one. If not, then there is no sense for my ordering one without the Logos app ready.

Pastor, Cornerstone Baptist Church, Clinton, SC

Posts 236
Michael March | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 12 2011 7:34 PM

Bill Moore:

Michael March:

Is that in response to my question, Michael? If so, I have to have reasons to justify a relatively major (over $50 is relatively major to me Smile). As I said, the basic appeal of a tablet for me is reading some of my Logos books and having popup Scriptures and activated links for footnotes, etc.. Because there is no Android app for Logos at present, I'm wondering what other uses one would have for a tablet. If I can see how that would benefit me, then I may order one. If not, then there is no sense for my ordering one without the Logos app ready.

Actually, no. It was a response to the post before you and we posted at almost the same time. I had not read your post until after mine was in. I was commenting about the person who said that they liked their tablet but they had not seen another tablets. If they like the one they have then they should be happy. I waited for an android app so long that I bought an ipad2. I love it and logos works well on it.a. I am happy with it, even if others are adjust as happy with android, if it ever comes out.

Windows PC - Android Phone - Surface Pro 4

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 12 2011 11:51 PM

Samsung announced high resolution 2560 x 1600 display for 10.1" tablets => http://www.electronista.com/articles/11/05/12/samsung.shows.retina.display.like.tablet.lcd/ (commercial Android product may ship late this year or early next year)

Apologies for Apple observation: a 27" iMac has 2560 x 1440 resolution so Samsung high resolution display could remotely show full Mac OS X desktop (at 300 pixels per inch on tablet).  Wonder about future iPad model with 2048 x 1536 display (bit smaller than 27" iMac).

For Logos use, 300 pixels per inch would look very sharp for reading resources (rivaling printed material, yet have ability to adjust font size).

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 442
Tony Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 17 2011 6:34 PM

Android App is in Alpha 4.  Beta should be soon!

http://www.logos.com/mobile/android

Director of Zoeproject 

www.zoeproject.com

Posts 3883
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 17 2011 6:37 PM

Tony Thomas:

Android App is in Alpha 4.  Beta should be soon!   http://www.logos.com/mobile/android

That is good news!

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 17 2011 6:40 PM

the screen shots made me drool involuntarily.... Yes

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 570
Rev Chris | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 17 2011 6:59 PM

How will we be able to participate in the beta testing?  Will there be a forum for Android Beta like there is for PC-Beta and Mac-Beta (presumably with the file linked/attached)?  At least Android makes it easy to install 3rd-party apps :)

Pastor, seminary trustee, and app developer.  Check out my latest app for churches: The Church App

Posts 1210
Ward Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 17 2011 7:00 PM

Tony Thomas:

Android App is in Alpha 4.  Beta should be soon!

http://www.logos.com/mobile/android

Posts 6776
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 17 2011 7:28 PM

Does it use GSM chips, and if so, at what frequency? Do they come unlocked? Want one in the Bahamas.

Lynden Williams Communications

Posts 4
The Rev. Craig Kuehn | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 16 2011 7:22 AM

Me too!

Posts 1
Jeff Beard | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 17 2011 9:13 AM

Same here. I am committing to a Qalaxy.  Now just the wait.

Posts 19577
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 17 2011 12:05 PM

I got myself an Asus Eee Pad Transformer a few days ago, for the Logos Android beta mainly, but I'm finding all kinds of other uses for it. I really like it so far. I've been blogging my experience with it at http://blog.faithandtechnology.org.

Posts 8938
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 17 2011 7:31 PM

Rosie Perera:

I got myself an Asus Eee Pad Transformer...I really like it so far. 

I'm planning on getting an Asus Eee Pad Transformer soon, but just to get one final opinion on it...Rosie, would recommend that tablet or not really?

Thanks!

Douglas

Posts 19577
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 17 2011 8:58 PM

Douglas Alvarenga:
I'm planning on getting an Asus Eee Pad Transformer soon, but just to get one final opinion on it...Rosie, would recommend that tablet or not really?

Yes, absolutely. I am really liking it. I compared it against the other Android tablets (Samsung Galaxy Tab -- though the 10" one isn't out yet so all I got to see was the 7" one; Motorola Xoom, and Acer Iconia), though I wasn't considering an iPad so that didn't get in on my comparison. And it outshone the others. I briefly discussed my comparison between them all here: http://community.logos.com/forums/p/34428/258385.aspx#258385.

Posts 4
Mlthrbrry | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 25 2011 6:50 AM

i guess i have a question. you say that Android is in Alpha 4 testing does that mean that there was an Alpha 1, 2, and 3. i have been watching now for months to see and Android app. i understand that writing code takes time to work all of the bugs out. but come on, there is a whole group of us out here with devices that we cannot us our favorite software with. i use mine all of the time and would love to use it on the go with my tablet but cannot. quite frankly i wonder if it will happen this year because after Alpha 4 is there an Alpha 5 and then there is always beta. i have seen groups write complete operating systems in less time than an app for an already written operating system. i have gotten so tired of seeing the same old screen i rarely go to your site anymore.

Posts 153
Rob Kuefner | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 25 2011 8:09 AM

Dan Pritchett has tweeted regarding a limited android beta for 50 users, which was a few weeks ago. I would expect that the time for the final release is getting much closer, though the web page still says it's in alpha... 

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 25 2011 8:40 AM

It's in Beta...I guess they  haven't updated the web page.

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 153
Rob Kuefner | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 25 2011 8:56 AM

I don't believe it's in open beta yet... just available to a limited number of beta testers, or it'd be made available on the website for anyone to download...

Page 4 of 5 (83 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS