New Logos.Com ... What's New?

Page 3 of 3 (52 items) < Previous 1 2 3
This post has 51 Replies | 6 Followers

Posts 376
Dan Sheppard | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 2 2010 9:09 PM

Phil-

I logged on tonight and saw the new page.  WOW!

I like what I see so far...

Posts 2744
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 2 2010 10:22 PM

Milford Charles Murray:
Bohuslav, it's an important election day in the United States.  Perhaps that's why the tone has been a bit grumpier???  Some of the other posts are quite similar where unhappiness and complaint outweight voices of appreciation. 

Thank you Milford for your gracious answer. One cannot even expect other tone from you. You are a great example to me and I believe not only to me.

Yes, I know you have an election day over there. We pray for you since the results will influence not only you but also the rest of the world. God bless you.

Bohuslav

Posts 533
Jonathan Burke | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 2 2010 10:55 PM

David Ames:

>>>> Yes Sir, only three clicks away  [too bad it used to be ZERO clicks away]

Can't agree with that, sorry David. Zero clicks would be everything on the front page (and a lot of scrolling), and that obviously wasn't the case. Navigating the site now, nothing I want is more than three clicks away, most things are two clicks at maximum, and the majority of things I really want are only one click away. This is a significant advantage over the previous site with its multiple levels and non-intuitive navigation architecture.

The dropdown menus at the top of the page are my first stop. Pre-pubs are one click away, and on the left handside there's a wealth of links sorting my browsing of the pre-pubs into useful facets. I can narrow my search using a huge range of useful fields, which simply wasn't possible on the previous site. Base packages? One click and I'm on a page which provides far more information than the previous page did. Community pricing? One click and I have the same faceted browsing experience as with the pre-pubs. No more fruitless visits to the search bar, at last.

Win 7 x64 | Core i7 3770K | 32GB RAM | GTX 750 Ti 2GB | Crucial m4 256GB SSD (system) | Crucial m4 256GB SSD (Logos) | WD Black 1.5 TB (storage) | WD Red 3 TB x 3 (storage) | HP w2408h 24" | First F301GD Live 30"

Posts 2814
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 3 2010 6:12 AM

Jonathan Burke:

David Ames:

>>>> Yes Sir, only three clicks away  [too bad it used to be ZERO clicks away]

Can't agree with that, sorry David. Zero clicks would be everything on the front page [...] nothing I want is more than three clicks away,

You are correct in the way that YOU count clicks [it only takes three clicks (or so) to get to any needed page]

However I was counting additional clicks after getting to the community pricing page - everything was on that page - now much more information is on the NEXT click page

And I do like what I see on the new pages - there is more room by putting it on its own page

Posts 222
LogosEmployee
Mike Aubrey | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 3 2010 10:44 AM

Donnie Hale:
For it to be useful, of course, it has to be accurate. And we've already had verified in another thread that for categories like Topics and Resource Types, it currently isn't

Actually, it still is extremely useful. Yes, we're still working on categorizing, but that only means that we're already 30-35% more useful than the old site where you were completely limited to what you typed into the search box. Everything that you would have found with a regular search before has become more accurate and that will only improve.

To say that it is not useful now is a bit unfair.

Posts 1993
Donnie Hale | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 3 2010 11:07 AM

Michael Aubrey:

Donnie Hale:
For it to be useful, of course, it has to be accurate. And we've already had verified in another thread that for categories like Topics and Resource Types, it currently isn't

To say that it is not useful now is a bit unfair.

I meant, "it currently isn't *accurate*". I suppose given my exact sentence that you could understand it to mean it's not useful at all, but that's not what I intended. So let me try to rephrase:

At present, the faceted browsing features of the site are useful only insofar as the results that they currently return happen to meet the needs at the moment of any individual user. For example, if I was looking for a specific lexicon and Logos has it but it's not in the Lexicon resource type, then those results aren't useful to me.

Donnie

Posts 15
Mark McP | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 4 2010 2:39 AM

Phil, I appreciate your participation in this forum and your willingness to respond to questions and concerns with facts.  I am sure that the new website will ultimately enable improved performance and increased function as you state.  One of the "new functions" that I am hoping to see as a new customer is to be able to generate a "wish list" of product titles; series and/or authors that I am interested in and have LOGOS notify me (so that I don't have to go looking) when any of those resources show up on CP or Pre-pub or Sales (either as individual titles or in collections). Right now as I am actively building my library - I am spending too much time reading all the things coming out and not enough time actually using the tool because I am concerned I will miss a good deal on a resource I need/want.  Any chance that kind of functionality will make it into the website in the near future?

Thanks again and keep up the good work!  MarkSmile

Posts 2135
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 4 2010 10:10 PM

Mark McP:

Phil, I appreciate your participation in this forum and your willingness to respond to questions and concerns with facts.  I am sure that the new website will ultimately enable improved performance and increased function as you state.  One of the "new functions" that I am hoping to see as a new customer is to be able to generate a "wish list" of product titles; series and/or authors that I am interested in and have LOGOS notify me (so that I don't have to go looking) when any of those resources show up on CP or Pre-pub or Sales (either as individual titles or in collections). Right now as I am actively building my library - I am spending too much time reading all the things coming out and not enough time actually using the tool because I am concerned I will miss a good deal on a resource I need/want.  Any chance that kind of functionality will make it into the website in the near future?

Mark, I actually spec'ed out this very thing, but it was unfortunately one of the things that had to get cut for now. We're about to revisit our big wishlist of items we'd like to add to the website, and this is definitely an important one.

Posts 15
Mark McP | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 5 2010 4:35 AM

Phil,  Thanks for the response and "good luck" , I am certainly am hoping that it get's prioritized high on the future feature list because I think it is great for the customer (me) and for Logos because then Logos has more data on what to put on pre-pub or CP ... so I think it is a "win-win" feature!

Posts 55
J Hale | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 5 2010 9:20 AM

I love being able to see what books I have already own without being forced to check my Logos software to make sure I have it before I buy it. The site may not be perfect, but I don't expect it to be, and it IS an improvement.

Posts 1084
Martin Folley | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 5 2010 11:46 AM

Bohuslav Wojnar:
Thank you Milford for your gracious answer. One cannot even expect other tone from you. You are a great example to me and I believe not only to me.

As so often the case, I feel humbled and ashamed at the tone that I took at the start of this thread. My intent was only to see if we could, as a community perhaps, develop some sort of release notes. I still feel this is a beta website. There are bugs, missing features, and inaccuracies. The Logos philosophy over recent times has been to release and develop through feedback but still I am grateful to Bohuslav and Milford and others for their example.

I would still like to see a clear set of release notes, of planned features (and rough time scale if I were really greedy) and also of known bugs or known incomplete features. I think that the way it was released on us (esp. the twitter feed) suggested that there should have been a great drum roll, and a huge Ta-Da, as the site became live. Certainly my expectations were for a complete, all singing and dancing site with many of the features that had been discussed months ago. Saying that it is a beta, launching it as a beta, asking for our feedback as a beta etc. is different from full fanfare and no further information. The same site but with less disappointment.

2010 17" MBP with High Sierra, iPad4 with iOS10.

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 6 2010 8:07 AM

Martin Folley:
I would still like to see a clear set of release notes
Well as a start, today's blog post has a top ten list.

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Page 3 of 3 (52 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS