Help with Clippings please

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 1875
Alan Macgregor | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Nov 2 2010 6:35 PM

I used Clippings function for the first time today to put together from the Biblical text, commentaries and BWS a Bible Study "script" for my congregational bible study.

As I used it to build up my Clippings file, I was blown away by the ease with which I could add clippings to build up the file. In just a few minutes I had complied and ordered a file of information which would have taken me ages to do by hand.

However, I ran into a problem when it came to exporting or copying the information I had so easily complied. I couldn't find any way of copying into Word. The best workaround I could come up with was laboriously to copy and paste the text of every individual entry into my WP. Surely there must be an easier way to achieve what I'm wanting to do?

As it stands it's like making a man with a red flag walk in front of a T-bird!

iMac Retina 5K, 27": 3.6GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9; 16GB RAM;MacOS 10.15.5; 1TB SSD; Logos 8

MacBook Air 13.3": 1.8GHz; 4GB RAM; MacOS 10.13.6; 256GB SSD; Logos 8

iPad Pro 32GB WiFi iOS 13.5.1

iPhone 8+ 64GB iOS 13.5.1

Posts 418
davidphillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 2 2010 7:04 PM

Alan, If you click on the clipping icon in the upper left hand corner, is there a print-export option? This has available for the PC version since 4.1 (I think), which means if it isn't there yet, it shouldn't be too long of a wait!

Posts 1875
Alan Macgregor | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 2 2010 7:14 PM

David

Thanks for your quick response.

I don't have that on L4Mac. See screenshot.

Hope it won't be too long in coming. Smile

iMac Retina 5K, 27": 3.6GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9; 16GB RAM;MacOS 10.15.5; 1TB SSD; Logos 8

Posts 1861
LogosEmployee
Tom Philpot (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 3 2010 8:14 AM

Alan Macgregor:
Hope it won't be too long in coming

We're working on Print/Export right now for an upcoming release. Not details yet on when it will be ready for public consumption. But, Alan, since I know you're a beta user, you'll have it as soon as it's available  :).

Mobile Development Team Lead

Posts 1875
Alan Macgregor | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 3 2010 9:43 AM

Tom,

Thanks. No pressure.

It's just such a blessing to be able so easily to compile a Clippings file that I naturally want to be able to export or print it.

I look forward patiently to being able to do just that. Smile

Every blessing

Alan

Posts 492
R. Mansfield | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 4 2010 6:23 AM

A clippings export to DEVONthink (an information database app only on Macs) would be great, too. I tend to keep all research in DEVONthink.

If you're not using it, I recommend giving downloading the free demo. I bought the full DEVONthink Pro Office which includes OCR recognition--great when scanning in documents. 

RMansfield@mac.com
http://thislamp.com 
youtube.com/user/rfmansfield
twitter/thislamp
facebook.com/rmansfield

Posts 7
Gary Henry | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 26 2010 4:27 AM

I  am using "Spaces" on a Mac so my Logos and Safari are on different desktops. When I try to drag a URL to my favorites I can't because I have to move to a different screen. I am also unable to copy and past into my favorites. I turned off spaces and was still unable to copy and paste a URL into "Favorites. Any idea's? Thanks.

Posts 45
Jesse Frame | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 2 2010 5:42 PM

you should probably start a new thread for this question since this thread is about clippings.

but, to answer your question, i dont think that feature has been put into the L4Mac version yet.

Jesse FrameNew Mission Systems International, Australia

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS