Please move the social networking stuff on the receipt pages

Page 3 of 3 (57 items) < Previous 1 2 3
This post has 56 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 340
Smithereens | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 24 2011 12:12 PM

Alright, so I just looked into this, and while I can't say anything about the delay or reasoning, I can say that this was coincidentally moved just last week to the top of the list for our web dev team to do.

I know it may be a stretch to believe that, but, well....it's true. Wink

Thanks, Thomas, for the reminder. I just wanted to let you all know we hadn't forgotten about it and have already bumped it up in priority, ahead of other things our [finite] team is working on. Stay tuned. Should be done shortly.

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 24 2011 12:36 PM

Todd Phillips:
As a work around, you can use AdBlock Plus to rid the receipt page of those sections

Not good enough. For one thing I don't want my e-mail address on the receipt (or the download instructions for that matter). For another I do want Logos' address (or rather the tax authorities do). 

Alan Macgregor:
If I find that my receipts are not acceptable to HMRC (US IRS) then I'll have less to spend on Logos resources this financial year.

Like I said, just contact CS or accounting. They'll mail you nice ones (the same as you get if you order CD's, if you've done that). If you want, I've got a good direct e-mail address to someone who's extremely effective. I tend to get the first one within 5 minutes, and then one or two a minute until she's done.

EDIT: AdBlock works on Safari as well; I just tried. Looks better, but like I said, not good enough.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 5620
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 24 2011 1:37 PM

fgh:

Todd Phillips:
As a work around, you can use AdBlock Plus to rid the receipt page of those sections

Not good enough. For one thing I don't want my e-mail address on the receipt (or the download instructions for that matter). For another I do want Logos' address (or rather the tax authorities do). 

I never promised good-enough.  Big Smile  I don't think "work-arounds" ever are.

FYI, you can remove the download instructions with this rule: logos.com###ctl00_CenterColumn_divDownloadInstructions

And you can remove the email address with this one: logos.com##STRONG
HOWEVER, that rule isn't specific enough for general use, and it will affect other pages on the Logos site including the forums (it removes any text that is tagged as "STRONG"), so you'd want to turn it off when you're not printing receipts.

Anyhow,  I hope Logos reads your requirements on what should not (and should) print out.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 24 2011 2:04 PM

Todd Phillips:
I never promised good-enough.  Big Smile  I don't think "work-arounds" ever are.

That we can certainly agree on! Wish Logos did too...

fgh:
EDIT: AdBlock works on Safari as well; I just tried. Looks better, but like I said, not good enough.

Unfortunately I spoke too fast. The left column's no problem, but removing the top ads destroys other Logos pages as well. This is what my prepub page looked like afterwards:

Sad

Had to return those ugly ads. Crying

If they just attached the invoice they already have on their systems, I'd be perfectly fine.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 24 2011 3:27 PM

Stephen Smith:

Alright, so I just looked into this, and while I can't say anything about the delay or reasoning, I can say that this was coincidentally moved just last week to the top of the list for our web dev team to do.

I know it may be a stretch to believe that, but, well....it's true. Wink

Thanks, Thomas, for the reminder. I just wanted to let you all know we hadn't forgotten about it and have already bumped it up in priority, ahead of other things our [finite] team is working on. Stay tuned. Should be done shortly.

Thanks for checking in to it Stephen.  Finite teams are just that.  And I wouldn't have been upset (much) if Phil hadn't said 8 months ago that a CSS file was coming soon; and if suddenly a new feature hadn't appeared on the page.

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 1875
Alan Macgregor | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 24 2011 4:11 PM

fgh:
Like I said, just contact CS or accounting. They'll mail you nice ones (the same as you get if you order CD's, if you've done that). If you want, I've got a good direct e-mail address to someone who's extremely effective. I tend to get the first one within 5 minutes, and then one or two a minute until she's done.

Thanks for that I'll do just that if the page fix isn't ready for when I need to have my tax return in.

Every blessing

Alan

iMac Retina 5K, 27": 3.6GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9; 16GB RAM;MacOS 10.15.5; 1TB SSD; Logos 8

MacBook Air 13.3": 1.8GHz; 4GB RAM; MacOS 10.13.6; 256GB SSD; Logos 8

iPad Pro 32GB WiFi iOS 13.5.1

iPhone 8+ 64GB iOS 13.5.1

Posts 38
Ryan Riley | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 1 2011 9:30 AM

I can't remember now if this is brand new as of yesterday or if this has been out for longer, but the Order Summary now has social sharing buttons moved to the sidebar. The print CSS will be coming out in the next few iterations. We almost had it ready to roll out yesterday but noticed a few broken elements under certain conditions. Thank you for your patience!

Ryan

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 1 2011 9:52 AM

Thank you for the update Ryan.   

I'm grateful for the work being done.

Posts 38
Ryan Riley | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 1 2011 9:55 AM

As usual, you can go to your past orders at https://www.logos.com/user/orders and get a fresh copy for your records. In many cases, you won't see the "Enjoy on any of our apps" messaging. (At least, on many of my old orders I don't see it.) The print css will be coming within the next few weeks, so you can still wait for that if you like.

Posts 5620
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 1 2011 12:28 PM

Ryan Riley:
As usual, you can go to your past orders at https://www.logos.com/user/orders and get a fresh copy for your records. In many cases, you won't see the "Enjoy on any of our apps" messaging. (At least, on many of my old orders I don't see it.)

FWIW, every old order I looked at in my past orders had the large "Enjoy" section.  (just checked them)

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 38
Ryan Riley | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 12 2011 3:40 PM

We should have the print css coming in the next few weeks. I know many of you have waited for this for quite a long time.

Posts 1875
Alan Macgregor | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 20 2011 3:08 PM

Ryan

Thanks. A clear invoice will be greatly appreciated. I can wait a few weeks more … but only a few. Then I must get my tax returns in.

Every blessing

Alan

BTW for those of us who are Logos users but not computer literate. What is CSS?

iMac Retina 5K, 27": 3.6GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9; 16GB RAM;MacOS 10.15.5; 1TB SSD; Logos 8

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 20 2011 3:23 PM

Alan Macgregor:
BTW for those of us who are Logos users but not computer literate. What is CSS?

Most web pages are built with HTML (hypertext markup language) and now also CSS (Cascading Style Sheets).  

Essentially the HTML contains the text and defines that text as Headings, Paragraphs, links and so forth.  The CSS details exactly how those headings, paragraphs and so forth look (are they blue?  Do they have underlines?  What size should they be?)  

In addition to designing the text, the CSS file also places "divisions" of text and graphics in specific places.  

A "print CSS" would be a css file loaded when you click a print link that would likely change everything to black and white, standard size fonts and without any graphics beyond perhaps a Logos Logo.

Posts 1875
Alan Macgregor | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 21 2011 3:41 PM

Thomas

Thanks for the explanation. I almost understand it! Tongue Tied But then with computers I'm a driver not a mechanic or a design engineer.

Every blessing

Alan

Posts 1875
Alan Macgregor | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 21 2011 3:42 PM

Thomas Black:
A "print CSS" would be a css file loaded when you click a print link that would likely change everything to black and white, standard size fonts and without any graphics beyond perhaps a Logos Logo.

Yes!! Now I understand. Idea

I think that I've even seen this at work in other web pages which offer a "printer-friendly version" button. Big Smile 

Posts 5620
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 21 2011 6:14 PM

Alan Macgregor:
I think that I've even seen this at work in other web pages which offer a "printer-friendly version" button.

The difference is, that if there is a print.css, you don't have to load a printer-friendly page or even click a special link.  Rather, you just print the same page using the browser's print command, and the browser knows which parts of the page don't print by referring to the print.css file.

Posts 1875
Alan Macgregor | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 22 2011 6:58 AM

Ah! That's why some bits of a page don't print when I use the print command. Thanks, Todd. Idea Cool

Page 3 of 3 (57 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS