Page 20 of 22 (436 items) « First ... < Previous 18 19 20 21 22 Next >
This post has 435 Replies | 19 Followers

Posts 3829
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 6 2020 7:10 PM

Bruce Dunning:
Does anyone have any idea how many there will be in the end?

No idea, but flipping through Carta’s print catalog, I counted 99 books (assuming none appeared more than once in the catalog).

I hope FL can start to bundle them, that we might save over buying them individually.

Thanks to FL for including Carta and a Hebrew audio bible in Logos 9!

Posts 2002
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 6 2020 7:31 PM

PetahChristian:

Bruce Dunning:
Does anyone have any idea how many there will be in the end?

No idea, but flipping through Carta’s print catalog, I counted 99 books (assuming none appeared more than once in the catalog).

I hope FL can start to bundle them, that we might save over buying them individually.

In this first release (I hope there will be more in the future!), we'll have 13 individual titles and one bundle including all 13.

Posts 2715
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 6 2020 7:41 PM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):
and one bundle including all 13.
Will the bundle be less than buying all individually on prepub?

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

MacBook Pro macOS Catalina 10.15.6

Posts 2002
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 6 2020 7:42 PM

Beloved:

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

I don't have access to the pricing in front of me at the moment, but I highly suspect that it will be. We try to use bundle discounting as often as we can, and I assume that'll be true here.

Posts 2055
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 6 2020 7:46 PM

Beloved:

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

Is there a link yet to the bundle?  If we want the bundle, should we be deleting the 7 individual pre-purchases we have made?

Posts 2002
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 6 2020 7:57 PM

Mark:

Is there a link yet to the bundle?

Not yet. Coming in the next couple of days, I think.

Mark:

If we want the bundle, should we be deleting the 7 individual pre-purchases we have made?

You can, but you don't have to. We'll ship the collection first, and then none of the individual pre-orders will process if you already own them.

Posts 3829
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 6 2020 8:04 PM

Great news! Thanks, Phil!

Posts 3829
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 6 2020 8:20 PM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):
In this first release (I hope there will be more in the future!), we'll have 13 individual titles and one bundle including all 13.

No complaints, thrilled with the release... merely curious how those 13 were selected, if it doesn’t violate any confidentiality. Was it a joint selection made by both companies?

Very grateful that something could be worked out, and we’re all hoping for more... keep them coming!

(l’ve never been more excited for a pre-order to ship, than for this one... the anticipation!)

Posts 2002
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 6 2020 9:18 PM

PetahChristian:
curious how those 13 were selected, if it doesn’t violate any confidentiality. Was it a joint selection made by both companies?

We decided to start with the titles they're already distributing in the Bible software market and then explore other titles in the future after we see how these do.

Posts 7525
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 7 2020 1:26 AM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

PetahChristian:
curious how those 13 were selected, if it doesn’t violate any confidentiality. Was it a joint selection made by both companies?

We decided to start with the titles they're already distributing in the Bible software market and then explore other titles in the future after we see how these do.

So when will the big announcement be made? This is huge for Logos/FL since it took over a decade to finally get licenses for these resources.  Home page exposure, blog article, e-mail propaganda, etc.  Don’t wait to see how these do first.  If you promote them correctly, these could sell like hot bread 🥖 🍞 

DAL

Posts 9356
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 7 2020 4:50 AM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):
We decided to start with the titles they're already distributing in the Bible software market and then explore other titles in the future after we see how these do

What a smart strategy.

Thanks again for making this finally happen. I think this is a win for both Faithlife and Carta Jerusalem. I can only imagine all the negotiations over the years.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 2088
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 7 2020 6:06 AM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

PetahChristian:

This is very exciting news Phil!  Thanks for all of the hard work of everyone involved!  Carta and Biblical Archaeology Review (BAR) updates are the two standouts for which I have been holding out hope!  Is there any chance we will be getting BAR updates?

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 4113
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 7 2020 6:09 AM

Joseph Turner:

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

PetahChristian:

This is very exciting news Phil!  Thanks for all of the hard work of everyone involved!  Carta and Biblical Archaeology Review (BAR) updates are the two standouts for which I have been holding out hope!  Is there any chance we will be getting BAR updates?

Don’t forget about the Holman OT Commentary... still MIA in logos. Almost bought it in WS last night but I’ll hold out a bit longer. I agree Carta is great. I’ve never used it but everyone raves about it. 

Posts 193
Kevin Clemens | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 8 2020 10:11 AM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

...we'll have 13 individual titles and one bundle including all 13.

For those more familiar with any of these Carta resources, are there any in particular that are most worth having. There seems to be some degree of overlap amongst some of the Atlases, and I'd be interested to hear thoughts on whether people think the full 13 book bundle will be worth it, or if just 3 or 4 will get the job done.

Posts 1307
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 8 2020 10:26 AM

Mattillo:

Don’t forget about the Holman OT Commentary... still MIA in logos.

YES Indeed!

Myke Harbuck
Lead Pastor, www.ByronCity.Church
Adjunct Professor, Georgia Military College

Posts 11214
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 8 2020 10:37 AM

Kevin Clemens:
For those more familiar with any of these Carta resources, are there any in particular that are most worth having.

First, you'd do well to see what the collection pricing might be. Carta atlases are a mixed bag. They start basic, move into historical, and then cap off at Sacred Bridge.

Below shows recent for me. My fav's are: Sacred Bridge (high-end and detailed), Torrent/Echos (inscriptions), and then the Quest (underneath Jerusalem).

I notice many look at Carta as 'maps'. That's a mistake. The primary value is the accompanying text and cross-refs.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 9356
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 8 2020 10:42 AM

Denise:
I notice many look at Carta as 'maps'. That's a mistake. The primary value is the accompanying text and cross-refs.

That is a great clarification Denise.

Kevin Clemens:
For those more familiar with any of these Carta resources, are there any in particular that are most worth having.

If I were only to get one map resource from Carta it would be Sacred Bridge.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 1067
JohnB | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 8 2020 11:21 AM

Denise:

Very useful!. When I was reading sections of forum comments, I seem to have mentally conflated the comments about Carta, with comments on how beautiful the maps were when viewed on another unmentionable platform. 

Posts 338
Charlene | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 8 2020 11:28 AM

And in case you are interested, there are a few new ones that were added.

https://www.logos.com/search?query=carta%20jerusalem&sortBy=Relevance&limit=60&page=1&ownership=all

Posts 9356
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 8 2020 11:32 AM

Charlene:

And in case you are interested, there are a few new ones that were added.

https://www.logos.com/search?query=carta%20jerusalem&sortBy=Relevance&limit=60&page=1&ownership=all

Yes, 12 are listed now. Once there are 13 Phil said that a further discounted package of all 13 would be offered. We continue to wait patiently.

Page 20 of 22 (436 items) « First ... < Previous 18 19 20 21 22 Next > | RSS