Page 21 of 22 (436 items) « First ... < Previous 18 19 20 21 22 Next >
This post has 435 Replies | 19 Followers

Posts 338
Charlene | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 8 2020 3:13 PM

There are now 13 listed. So hopefully the Bundle will be soon coming, and the pricing break will be great, since there are a few that are expensive.

Posts 204
Kevin Clemens | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 8 2020 3:17 PM

Denise:

First, you'd do well to see what the collection pricing might be. Carta atlases are a mixed bag. They start basic, move into historical, and then cap off at Sacred Bridge.

Below shows recent for me. My fav's are: Sacred Bridge (high-end and detailed), Torrent/Echos (inscriptions), and then the Quest (underneath Jerusalem).

I notice many look at Carta as 'maps'. That's a mistake. The primary value is the accompanying text and cross-refs.

Quite helpful! Thanks.

Posts 204
Kevin Clemens | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 8 2020 3:20 PM

Bruce Dunning:

If I were only to get one map resource from Carta it would be Sacred Bridge.

Thanks.  This is certainly top of my list after browsing through the 13.

Posts 1566
Forum MVP
Veli Voipio | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 8 2020 10:59 PM

Bruce Dunning:
Can anyone compare the Carta with the Macmillan?

I have the MacMillan from 1968 and it looks very much like https://www.logos.com/product/190969/the-carta-bible-atlas-5th-ed 

I also have Sacred Bridge and it has more information and beautiful maps. 

I feel that MacMillan is more of the old school which I like.

Gold package, and original language material and ancient text material, SIL and UBS books, discourse Hebrew OT and Greek NT. PC with Windows 8.1

Posts 2088
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 9 2020 5:49 AM

Veli Voipio:

Bruce Dunning:
Can anyone compare the Carta with the Macmillan?

I have the MacMillan from 1968 and it looks very much like https://www.logos.com/product/190969/the-carta-bible-atlas-5th-ed 

I also have Sacred Bridge and it has more information and beautiful maps. 

I feel that MacMillan is more of the old school which I like.

I think the Carta Bible Atlas is the MacMillan Atlas continuously updated from 1968; they just changed the name.  I read that somewhere long ago.

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 36
Lucian Benigno | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 9 2020 11:23 AM

Dear Logos developers:

Would you be kind enough to forget the lossy image compression of your choice (e.g. JPG) and use some lossless format on the Carta projects (e.g. PNG) instead? And could you please order the master lossless files from the publisher? Thank you very much, indeed.

Posts 2299
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 9 2020 3:54 PM

I want them badly.  I also wonder about image quality for all that money. I know the text is excellent too.  Any input on what to expect for image quality?

Posts 2009
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 9 2020 4:43 PM

We'll do our best to deliver a high-quality image experience. We don't have all the details sorted out yet, but it's obvious that that's an essential part of delivering these resources in a way that meets or exceeds your expectations.

Posts 9362
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 9 2020 4:45 PM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

We'll do our best to deliver a high-quality image experience. We don't have all the details sorted out yet, but it's obvious that that's an essential part of delivering these resources in a way that meets or exceeds your expectations.

That's great to hear. Thanks Phil!

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 2
Bill Nienhuis | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 10 2020 10:45 AM

So happy to see these resources finally becoming available for Logos Bible Software.

Posts 9362
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 10 2020 10:49 AM

Bill Nienhuis:

So happy to see these resources finally becoming available for Logos Bible Software.

Thanks to you Bill for all you did to pave the way!

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 3848
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 10 2020 11:33 AM

Bruce Dunning:

Bill Nienhuis:

Yes

Thanks to FL for including Carta and a Hebrew audio bible in Logos 9!

Posts 9362
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 10 2020 2:29 PM

Travis Walter:
Carta Mega Bundle. 

I saw this and said to myself "They adding a whole bunch more Carta resources." Then I realized that it was only the 13 volumes. I guess it all depends how you define "mega". Smile

Posts 2088
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 10 2020 4:30 PM

Bruce Dunning:

Bill Nienhuis:

YES! Sorry for not saying so before. I'm very grateful to everyone who helped bring this about: Those who persistently pushed for it, everyone involved at Faithlife for hearing us and working to make it possible, Carta for allowing it and for their excellent content. Hopefully, this will be profitable for all and is just the beginning. Looking forward to many more Carta titles like the Understanding series and Sacred Flowers, Holy Trees & Blessed Thorns. Maybe we'll even see an mEd course in partnership with Carta, or perhaps a HD documentary format would be better, yes! Maybe they could even team up with Ubisoft Montreal for some nice visuals and build a Discovery Tour Jerusalem & the Temple app.Big Smile

Posts 921
LogosEmployee
Ben Amundgaard (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 13 2020 10:57 AM

Randy W. Sims:
I'm very grateful to everyone who helped bring this about:

I want to give a quick shout out to Bethany Olsen. She has taken the reigns of our publisher relations team in Bill's place. She worked very hard to get this agreement in place. 

She's rarely on the forums, but I can pass this along to her.

Director, Bible Study Products Department

Posts 9362
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 13 2020 11:18 AM

Ben Amundgaard (Faithlife):

Randy W. Sims:
I'm very grateful to everyone who helped bring this about:

I want to give a quick shout out to Bethany Olsen. She has taken the reigns of our publisher relations team in Bill's place. She worked very hard to get this agreement in place. 

She's rarely on the forums, but I can pass this along to her.

Agreed! I already sent her a personal thank you email last week. I very much appreciated her work to help make this happen!

Posts 3848
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 13 2020 5:52 PM

Thanks, Bethany!

Thanks to FL for including Carta and a Hebrew audio bible in Logos 9!

Posts 472
Leo Wee Fah | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 13 2020 6:09 PM

Bethany, thanks! 

Posts 99
Paul Yeager | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 13 2020 6:53 PM

Does anyone know if the Sacred Bridge has all the maps and information that the Carta Atlas (MacMillan) has or is there information in the Atlas that is distinct from the SB?  If so, what information or maps are uniquely found in the Atlas?

Page 21 of 22 (436 items) « First ... < Previous 18 19 20 21 22 Next > | RSS