LOGOS FOR MAC AND ITS CONTINUING ISSUES

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 49
Joseph Luna | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Nov 6 2010 3:55 AM

Hi, Logos for Mac has been up and running since the beginning of October, yet there are still a few simple things that I thought would be fixed by now, but continue to give me a headache every time I try to use them:

1: Notes: I can't hover over my own notes when I place my mouse over a bible citation that I have just created. For instance if I write a note on Mt 8:22 and type "Mt 16:24" nothing happens when I hover over it. In windows the whole citation changes to blue which allows me to read the verse I have just posted immediately.

2. The second annoying thing drives me nuts even more. When I try to underline or highlight a phrase, verse or a number of verses, it takes several minutes to appear what I had just done. Worse if I try to do multiple highlighting (10 minutes is no joke). To do three highlighting at the same time puts me on the brink of "suicide." 

Are these two issues going to be resolved soon? I have 6 GB of ram and 500 GB of memory in my new MacPro. 

Thanks, 

Posts 10822
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 6 2010 5:32 AM

Joseph Luna:
1: Notes: I can't hover over my own notes when I place my mouse over a bible citation that I have just created. For instance if I write a note on Mt 8:22 and type "Mt 16:24" nothing happens when I hover over it. In windows the whole citation changes to blue which allows me to read the verse I have just posted immediately.

Notes are very much a work in progress, and L4 Mac has several issues with linking in Notes. I can confirm that Scripture linking does not yet work in 4.0b Beta 3.

Joseph Luna:
. The second annoying thing drives me nuts even more. When I try to underline or highlight a phrase, verse or a number of verses, it takes several minutes to appear what I had just done. Worse if I try to do multiple highlighting (10 minutes is no joke). To do three highlighting at the same time puts me on the brink of "suicide." 

I cannot confirm this problem. In 4.0b Beta 3, Highlighting is applied instantaneously. Which version of L4 Mac are you using?

Posts 539
Bob Deacon | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 6 2010 8:16 AM

There is a significant delay for the application of highlighting for me also. I am using 4.0b beta 3.

Bob

Bob Deacon

Dell Inspiron, Windows 10 Latest Update

Surface Pro 6

MacBook Air (2017) Catalina

Ipad Air 2 (ios 8.2.1)

Motorola G6 Play (android 8.3.1)

Posts 49
Joseph Luna | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 6 2010 8:24 AM

Thank you for answering. I'm using the latest version of Logos for Mac:

4.0 SR-4 (4.10.4.6968) Zip it!

Joseph

Posts 1416
Wes Saad | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 6 2010 1:50 PM

Jack Caviness:

Joseph Luna:
. The second annoying thing drives me nuts even more. When I try to underline or highlight a phrase, verse or a number of verses, it takes several minutes to appear what I had just done. Worse if I try to do multiple highlighting (10 minutes is no joke). To do three highlighting at the same time puts me on the brink of "suicide." 

I cannot confirm this problem. In 4.0b Beta 3, Highlighting is applied instantaneously. Which version of L4 Mac are you using?

This happens with me as well. It is one of many performance issues I continue to encounter.

Edit: I should clarify that I never see delays as long as 10 minutes, but it is nowhere near instant.

Posts 143
Steven Baxley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 6 2010 2:14 PM

I am using the latest Mac beta, on a 2-month old MacBook Pro.  I have the same problem with markups taking quite a while to actually show up in the text.

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 6 2010 2:17 PM

I haven't done much highlighting yet, and don't seem to have any problem, but I wonder: haven't I read somewhere that these delays occur when you have more highlighting than your computer can handle?

So: do you who have problems have an awful lot of highlighting (or less powerful computers)? And do you who don't have problems have little highlighting (or more powerful computers)?

Just a thought...

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 5318
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 6 2010 2:49 PM

What bothers me is the seeming lack of response these days in the forums. I mean I posted a question 3 days ago and no one confirmed or denied it was still a known issue.

-Dan

Posts 219
Dennis Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 8 2010 5:49 AM

FYI, RAM is memory (Random Access)  and 500 GB is the size of your drive storage.

Posts 3
Jonathan Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 8 2010 8:29 AM

I cannot speak toward the notes since I do not use them very extensively, but the highlighting is very much improved from I have seen in previous betas. I am using new Macbook Air.

Posts 698
LogosEmployee

Daniel W. Francis:

What bothers me is the seeming lack of response these days in the forums. I mean I posted a question 3 days ago and no one confirmed or denied it was still a known issue.

The only post I can find that might fit this description is this one: http://community.logos.com/forums/p/24866/184567.aspx#184567

As I've said elsewhere, every post in the Logos 4 Mac forums has, to date, been read at least once by at least one developer. However, it's impractical for a developer to respond to every single post in every thread, particularly requests for status (e.g. "is foo fixed/implemented yet?"). The forums are primarily a place where users communicate with one another. The Logos 4 Mac forum has been characterized by greater than normal participation from developers, largely because 99% of the posts were reporting bugs. While we still get a fair number of bug posts, quite a few of the posts are simply of the "how do I do X?" variety, which, quite frankly, are often better answered by fellow users.

Generally, the best way to get a developer's attention is to post logs and/or screenshots with detailed reproduction steps in a new thread and prefix the thread title with "BUG: ". If you're using the Beta, post it in the Beta Forum (http://community.logos.com/forums/90.aspx).

Director of Engineering for Enterprise and Operations

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS