Quick resource question

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 91
Rick Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Nov 8 2010 7:52 PM

Whenever I open up BHS and double click on a word, it opens up the "Concise Hebrew Lexcion"...I want it to open up HALOT...not the consise one.

I have prioritized it to the top of the list, but it is still opening up the concise version when I click on a word...any ideas?

Posts 1674
Paul N | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 8 2010 8:05 PM

interesting... mine opens the Theological Lexicon of the OT, being my most recent purchase but not my highest prioritized lexicon/dictionary.

I guess I see no correlation just yet.

[EDIT] Actually it was the highest OT lexicon/dictionary... I guess that makes sense

Posts 91
Rick Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 8 2010 8:07 PM

I actually got it figured out.

My other question is, is there any way to set Logos to go to the exact listing when opening up HALOT?

For instance the first verb in Psalm 12:2 has a ton of listings, and I'm still trying to look through them all to find the meaning of the verb in this passage. However, I'm not seeing a listing for this verb (so far) in the one that pops up when I click the verb (to deliver)...

any ideas?

Posts 147
John Murphy | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 9 2010 4:13 AM

You can sort of do that, Rick.  If you click on the visual filter and select "links to open panels" in HALOT, when you are at a biblical reference IF HALOT contains a reference to that passage it will highlight the passage so you will quickly be able to see what definition your passage is under.  Ps 12.2 does not appear to be referenced in HALOT for  ישׁע so no help there. 

Enhanced BDB does have the reference and when it is linked to the BHS is marked like this:

Posts 91
Rick Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 9 2010 6:46 AM

How do I set it up to do that?

Posts 2644
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 9 2010 8:47 AM

Open your lexicon, click on the three circles (olympic icon) check link to open panels. You can select this for each lexicon/dictionary or once you are on link open panels, right mouse click and let Logos select this option for all appropriate resources.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS