12 Days of Logos - Christmas Special - Which resources would you like to see most

Page 3 of 5 (91 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
This post has 90 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 1674
Paul N | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 12 2010 2:26 PM

Mike Tourangeau:

Joshua Garcia:
(I specifically remember buying the "Commentary on the NT use of OT" last year for a great price) .

This sounds like something I would like, but I cannot find it. Any chance you got the name wrong?

Here it is Mike; by D.A. Carson and G.K. Beale

[EDIT] Todd, you're good. Big Smile

Posts 1522
Josh | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 12 2010 2:44 PM

Dan DeVilder:

David Paul:

Since most of the stuff in the OP list are in Portfolio, I'd rather see a few things (at least some) that AREN'T in Portfolio.

Yes

How many people actually own Portfolio?

Posts 1674
Paul N | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 12 2010 2:50 PM

Joshua Garcia:
How many people actually own Portfolio?

Hey Joshua this might shed some interesting conversation.  You want to make a new thread for it?

Posts 1364
Mike Tourangeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 12 2010 3:34 PM

Todd Phillips:

Mike Tourangeau:

Joshua Garcia:
(I specifically remember buying the "Commentary on the NT use of OT" last year for a great price) .

This sounds like something I would like, but I cannot find it. Any chance you got the name wrong?

http://www.logos.com/product/5321/commentary-on-the-new-testament-use-of-the-old-testament

Thanks!!!! Don't know why I missed it....

Posts 18
Jeff Lacine | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 13 2010 8:28 AM

If one of these were on super-sale, I would buy it:

Gottingen Septuagint

Stuttgart Electronic Study Bible (SESB), Version 3.0 (52 vols.)

The Complete Spurgeon Sermon Collection

John Piper Collection

Theological Journal Library, Volumes 1-10

Posts 62
Rev. Wayne Paul Barrett | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 13 2010 10:57 AM

I will probably buy something during the sale, but how about a discount on all existing pre-pubs that one has in their cue, say ten or twenty percent off. That would be a great Christmas gift!

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 13 2010 11:37 AM

Joshua Garcia:
I am hoping our suggestions on which resources we would like to see on sale become a reality.

I like to dream BIG.      How about 50%n 0ff these collections?

D. A. Carson Collection (5 vols)

The Works of John Owen (17 vols.) (I got Owen on Hebrews.)

Baker Hermeneutics Collection (14 vols.)

Sheffield/T & T Clark Bible Guides Collection (44 vols.)

International Critical Commentary (53 vols.)

I doubt these CD based products would go on sale but here's hoping!
WallBuilders American Foundations Digital Library
The Ultimate Archaeology Collection

And let's go for the whole collections this time. In last year's sale I passed on a lot of individual titles because I wanted the whole collection and would not save by buying some twice.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 171
Abi Gail | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 13 2010 12:44 PM

Gift Pa Rum Pum Pum Pum Gift

Music                            Music

~

Posts 376
Dan Sheppard | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 13 2010 6:01 PM

On the 13th Day of Christmas, my true love gave to me...

MORE Logos savings...........

Posts 1522
Josh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 13 2010 11:49 PM

Dan Sheppard:

On the 13th Day of Christmas, my true love gave to me...

MORE Logos savings...........

And Anchor Yale Dictionary at a highly discounted fee...

Posts 55
J Hale | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 14 2010 1:37 PM

I have several Pre-pub orders coming up in December, so I guess I can concider those as my Christmas gifts, or I could suggest tax-refund discounts, Christmas in July discounts, October-fest specials, and fall-back pricing specials, in other words, specials for every month.Big Smile

Posts 1522
Josh | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 15 2010 1:05 AM

J Hale:

I have several Pre-pub orders coming up in December, so I guess I can concider those as my Christmas gifts, or I could suggest tax-refund discounts, Christmas in July discounts, October-fest specials, and fall-back pricing specials, in other words, specials for every month.Big Smile

Count me in for the January "Just 'Cause" Sale and the February "Discounts so steep you'll need a Sherpa" sale. Cool

Posts 2832
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 18 2010 5:29 AM

Originally we had to buy on the day offered. [without knowing what was coming later]

Last year they reopened all codes so that if we had missed one [or more] we could still get it.

Anyone know if we can wait and see or do we have to grab now? [What are the rules?]

Posts 5622
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 18 2010 6:27 AM

David Ames:

Originally we had to buy on the day offered. [without knowing what was coming later]

Last year they reopened all codes so that if we had missed one [or more] we could still get it.

Anyone know if we can wait and see or do we have to grab now? [What are the rules?]

Aren't you jumping the gun a bit? Logos hasn't even announced that there will be a Christmas Special yet.

If you want you can check http://www.12daysoflogos.com/ every day to see if it updates, but I'm sure they'll announce it on the Blog when they want to tell us.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 129
ton verdam | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 18 2010 6:59 AM

When Jesus returns He will NOT ask how much have you read about Me OR how much do you know about Me, BUT: how much have you DONE for Me... 

NOW stop eating yourself fat and start sharing the good news folks... :)Big Smile

Posts 88
Nancy A. Almodovar | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 18 2010 7:58 AM

Ah how profound that always sounds.  However,  as a nursing mother first must take in nourishment to then give out to her child, so those whom God has given as leaders, pastors, elders, etc. must take in that nourishment and do as the body does; break it down into portions which are easily consumed by the child.

That eating which the mother does is mandatory to feeding the child.  Then, those who study should also teach others how to study for themselves (feed a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime). 

So, although that sounded oh so profound, it is not a principle found in Scripture.  Even the Apostles spent 3 years in the Seminary of the Nazarene, learning, asking, learning, digesting, learning, studying, learning and then finally feeding others (while they were still learning afterall just look at all the hiccups in the book of Acts with the formal Church forming).

nancy

Posts 55
J Hale | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 18 2010 8:40 AM

You have an excellent point Nancy, some people misinterprets doing anything for yourself as being selfish, yet I can’t spread the Good Word to anyone without knowing it first. There is the airplane analogy that I like a lot, if the air presser goes down, you have to put the air mask on first before putting one on anyone else, because you can’t help anyone put their mask on, if you are gasping for air.

Posts 1522
Josh | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 18 2010 1:15 PM

I'd like to add this resource to my OP list.

http://www.logos.com/product/2817/introducing-the-apocrypha-message-context-and-significance

Introducing the Apocrypha: message, content, and significance.  Rosie turned me on to this title and I found it to be highly recommended by John Glynn in his Commentary and Reference Survey.

Come to think of it , this title isn't expensive at 28 dollars. Maybe I should be suggesting only expensive titles. Does anyone know if Logos only selects titles for their 12 day sale that have a base price over a specific value?

BTW...Nancy...Yes

Posts 847
Praiser | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 19 2010 6:03 AM

Two that immediately come to mind:

ICC Romans Commentary
Theological Journal Bundle

Posts 129
ton verdam | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 19 2010 7:35 AM

Thank you for the mother and airplane analogies...

I now have some strong arguments to convince my wife that I really need something like the Anchor Yale for Chrismas... So I put my vote on that and also some ANET materials... Big Smile

I do however see Jesus DOING and TEACHING. The disciples DID first and Jesus taught them afterwards.. it is called training-on-the-job... so start moving Super Angry

Page 3 of 5 (91 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS