Which base package do you own?

Page 2 of 2 (25 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 24 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 55
J Hale | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 14 2010 1:02 PM

I have BSL, I hope, someday to be able to upgrade to Scholars, maybe it will be when Logos will upgrade from Logos 4, to Logos 5.

Posts 46
Cheez | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 14 2010 3:26 PM

I have the BSL. I find most of the books in the packages "nice to have" but not essential. I got the BSL just to have a base and some of the add-ins. Some of the "more essential" books in the higher base packages (like NA27 etc), I got them as individual books, which is still cheaper. Instead, I get books, commentaries, lexicons, dictionaries, monographs etc which aren't in any of the base packages. 

Posts 5637
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 14 2010 6:06 PM

Cheez:

I have the BSL. I find most of the books in the packages "nice to have" but not essential. I got the BSL just to have a base and some of the add-ins. Some of the "more essential" books in the higher base packages (like NA27 etc), I got them as individual books, which is still cheaper. Instead, I get books, commentaries, lexicons, dictionaries, monographs etc which aren't in any of the base packages. 

FYI, In addition to books, Scholar's Library (and above) has functionality that's not included in the BSL, some of which I find fairly essential (Text Comparison, BWS Septuagint translation):

• Bible Word Study sections: Example Uses, Grammatical Relationships, Preposition Diagrams, Septuagint Translation,Textual Searches
  • Pronunciation Tools: Erasmian Greek Pronunciations, Modern Greek Pronunciations
  • Exegetical Guide sections: Apparatuses,Grammars
  • New Testament Genre Coding
  • New Testament Semantic Domain Coding
  • Old Testament Genre Coding
  • Passage Analysis Tools   
  • Passage Guide sections: Compare Versions, Literary Typing
  • Syntax Search
  • Text Comparison
  • Version Comparison 
  • Visualizations

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 286
Dr. Charles A. Wootten | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 15 2010 5:32 AM

Matthew C Jones:
What makes you think Rosie is organized? Computer

I get the impression she has no life outside L4Person, doesn't sleepSleep, might eat if someone tosses a bone her way PizzaWilted Flower . And then every once in awhile she'll say the most amazing things here in the forums and then disappears to obviously continue cataloging. Stick out tongue As far as getting the pre-pubs organized I'm sure she has the modern version of a batch file doing most of the work automatically.Cool... tee hee...

My wife has to rip me out of the chair here to see if I'm still alive to teach classes or interact with the family, so I can understand. heheheh.... so many resources, so little time ... Geeked

{charley}

running Logos Bible Software 6.0a: Collector's Edition on HP e9220y (AMD Phenom II X4 2.60GHz 8.00GB 64-bit Win 7 Pro SP1) & iPad (mini) apps.

Posts 19579
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 15 2010 10:53 AM

Matthew C Jones:

Dr. Charles A. Wootten:

wish I could rent a room at Rosie's place for a week (a month?) to copy her setup and way of organizing.

What makes you think Rosie is organized? Computer

(She just downloaded everything coming out of Pre-Pub in October! How can that be organized already?) 

Matthew has my number! I'm not as organized as I might sound. My desk is a mess, I've got piles of stuff all over my floor. I have 9371 email messages in my Inbox. And as for Logos, I'm not quite caught up on tagging my Library. And I definitely don't have my setup completed to a point where it's really usable. Some of my Collections are still in progress, and my Prioritizations and Layouts still need work. It's an ongoing process, though. Maybe by 2012 I'll finally settle down and actually start reading some of my books! Smile

Page 2 of 2 (25 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS