Corrupted Hard Drive

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 21
Glen R. Francis | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Nov 14 2010 6:24 PM

Logos 4 has continued to corrupt my hard drive. I used"utilities drive to clean it up but each time I use Logos 4 - my hard drive needs fixing.

Posts 1861
LogosEmployee
Tom Philpot (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 14 2010 6:29 PM

Glen R. Francis:

Logos 4 has continued to corrupt my hard drive. I used"utilities drive to clean it up but each time I use Logos 4 - my hard drive needs fixing.

What kind of hard drive corruption are you experiencing? Can you be more specific?

Mobile Development Team Lead

Posts 21
Glen R. Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 15 2010 8:14 AM

Here is one exaple:

SUID file"System/library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ ARDAAgent.app/Contents?MacOS/ARDAgent" has been modified and will not repaire

Posts 1416
Wes Saad | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 15 2010 8:22 AM

First, why do you say Logos is the application that is corrupting your hard drive?

Second, which version of OS X are you running?

Third, which version of Logos are you running?

Fourth, the error message you posted is on the list of disk utility errors you can safely ignore: http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1448

Posts 13
Judy Berisford | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 8 2012 12:09 AM

I am getting the same corrupt disk message as of today, Easter Sunday!Angry I do not go to unsavory websites and use my iPod Touch 99 per cent of the time, so I have NO IDEA how this could have happened. I have the Scholar's Package, which came dear, as in $$$, so I am not a happy camper if I  cannot use my Logos Software! Sad

Posts 13
Judy Berisford | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 8 2012 12:11 AM

Tom, you and I are having the same issue. I do not for the life of me know WHY all the sudden this is happening! I do not go to unsavory websites that have corrupted my computer. I go to the same sites(very few) each time I am on my desktop computer. Same with my iPod, though the Logos App is working FINE on that, thank GOODNESS!!Surprise 

Posts 29929
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 8 2012 4:56 AM

Judy - can you be more specific about your warning? What does it say? It might also be helpful to post logs: http://wiki.logos.com/Diagnostic_Logging#Mac

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 8 2012 1:12 PM

Judy Berisford:
I am getting the same corrupt disk message as of today, Easter Sunday!Angry

Please elaborate a bit about corrupt disk message (e.g. error message text)

Would like to look at diagnostic log files.

Could enable diagnostic logging, restart Mac, launch Logos 4 Mac.  If corrupt disk message appears, then compress log files and attach to a forum reply.  Wiki Mac Troubleshooting  has => How to Report Bugs in Logos 4 Mac 

Optional: download and use 5504.Logos4MacLogging.app.zip to display your logging setting, then change to enable logging.

Please download and use Logos Log Scribe application to create a zip file on your desktop that includes your diagnostic logs plus a copy of console messages.

If using stable Logos 4 release (currently 4.51.0.2057) can call or email Logos Mac Support => http://www.logos.com/about/contact  Caveat: Logos phone lines are closed on weekends.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 13
Judy Berisford | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 8 2013 8:41 AM

Thank you for the replies.My desktop is kaput! THANKFULLY,my downloaded software will still sync on my mobile devices(iPod and iPad).I LOVE using the software on my new iPad!! :)

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS