One Less Resource

Page 1 of 1 (19 items)
This post has 18 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 65
Dale Winters | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Nov 16 2010 5:00 AM

Last time I noticed, previous to yesturday, I had 1485 resources.  Then yesturday I received The Great Christian Doctrines which just came off of prepub.  There are 3 volumes which should bring my total to 1488 but instead I have 1487.  Has anyone else noticed this?  Is there a way to check for any removed/altered resources?  Not a huge deal but I'm curious as to what happened and if I lost a resource which one.  Thanks for your time.

Posts 1674
Paul N | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 16 2010 5:09 AM

Hey Dale,

When I bought John MacArthur's NT Commentary set even though it is 28 vols, only 23 books were added to my total.  This is because some of the volumes are in the same book.  Have you "flipped" through each book in the your most recent purchase to see if all the advertised content is there?

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 16 2010 5:19 AM

In this case there are 3 resources, so something else must have happened?

Posts 653
Alex Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 16 2010 6:16 AM

I've had a similar problem.  I've had the same number of resources on two computers since the beginning.  Then about a month ago after an update there has been one less on one of the computers.  I haven't been able to correct it.  So much for the cloud doing it all for us.  

Longtime Logos user (more than $30,000 in purchases) - now a second class user because I won't pay them more every month or year.

Posts 65
Dale Winters | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 16 2010 4:59 PM

Yeah, there were definitely 3, so not sure what happened.

Alex, did you figure out which resource has been shorted?

Posts 653
Alex Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 18 2010 2:21 PM

Hi Dale

No - I haven't had time yet.  We're right in the middle of a move.  I'll probably do a bibliography comparison.  I'll let you know if I can identify it.

Longtime Logos user (more than $30,000 in purchases) - now a second class user because I won't pay them more every month or year.

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 18 2010 3:43 PM

If the two computers are networked, use Beyond Compare 3 and compare the two Resource folders - you'll find the missing file in seconds!

Posts 249
DHG | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 19 2010 1:35 AM

I have the same issue...posted the question here a few days ago: http://community.logos.com/forums/t/26133.aspx. Still hoping for an answer.

Posts 42
JM | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 19 2010 5:57 AM

This has happened to me once before--way in the beginning when Logos 4 started shipping.  What I did was to first copy the "Resource" file of the higher count computer onto an external drive.  Then, in the computer with the lower resource count, I ran a scan on the "Resource" file copied to the external drive from the higher count computer.  This brought the counts back into agreement.  See if that works.  I don't know which resource caused the discrepancy but both computers now show the higher count resources which is all I really care about.

Posts 26975
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 19 2010 7:10 PM

DHG:

I have the same issue...posted the question here a few days ago: http://community.logos.com/forums/t/26133.aspx. Still hoping for an answer.

There isn't an answer, but the solution has been given.

If you can compare your two computers' resources and identify the missing one we might begin to see what has happened.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 249
DHG | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 19 2010 7:36 PM

Dave Hooton:

There isn't an answer, but the solution has been given.

If you can compare your two computers' resources and identify the missing one we might begin to see what has happened.

I'm not sure I'll be able to identify it.  I just checked my resource folders and each one contains exactly 3,611 files.  Maybe 1 is corrupted?  I'll copy my L4Mac resource folder (14GB) onto a portable HDD and then scan it with L4Win and see if picks up the 1 file.

It's funny.  If I had a physical library of 3500 books, I probably wouldn't notice 1 missing...but thanks to Logos, I can now obsess over a single missing resource!

Thanks.

Posts 57
Jim Carlile | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 19 2010 7:52 PM

I had the same thing happen when the 3 volume "The Christian Doctrine's" was dowloaded. The count went from 1603 to 1605.

Posts 26975
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 19 2010 9:04 PM

DHG:
It's funny.  If I had a physical library of 3500 books, I probably wouldn't notice 1 missing...but thanks to Logos, I can now obsess over a single missing resource!

You might see if there are any resources in \Logos4\Data\{random UserId}\ResourceManager\Downloaded, because there should be zero!

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 249
DHG | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 20 2010 3:29 AM

Nothing in there.

Posts 26975
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 20 2010 3:53 PM

DHG:

Nothing in there.

Some downloads get hung up in that folder. Let us know what happens after the scan.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 249
DHG | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 1 2010 4:50 AM

Well, I finally found some time to work on this.  I copied all my resources from L4Win to a HDD.  I then scanned it with L4Mac to see if it would pick up the missing resource; it didn't.  I then replaced all the resources on L4Mac with the resources on the HDD...no change.  1 resource is still missing.

Posts 588
Bobby Terhune | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 1 2010 4:58 AM

I had a resource count difference between my laptop and desktop of one resource. With Logos 4.2, I deleted my index files and rebuilt my indexes and it fixed my problem, maybe it will help fix your issue too. 

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 1 2010 5:08 AM

DHG:

Well, I finally found some time to work on this.  I copied all my resources from L4Win to a HDD.  I then scanned it with L4Mac to see if it would pick up the missing resource; it didn't.  I then replaced all the resources on L4Mac with the resources on the HDD...no change.  1 resource is still missing.

Did you use the utility noted above, Beyond Compare, to see which resource is not being counted or what the difference in folders is?

Posts 249
DHG | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 1 2010 7:09 AM

I didn't use the utility, but the folders should be virtually identical now.  When I copied the resources over to L4Win, I noticed that several files had different creation dates, but they're the same now.  When I have time I'll delete and rebuild my index...

Page 1 of 1 (19 items) | RSS