Not Updating To GM - SR-5

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 117
C Devin Chaulk | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Nov 17 2010 3:40 AM

Update Channel is set to Beta, and I have quit and restarted Logos, and I have no SR-5 update. Is there something else that I should be doing to acquire the update?

Posts 128
Levi D. | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 17 2010 4:26 AM

SR-5 is not a beta version. It's the stable version. 

More info on differences between the versions is here: http://wiki.logos.com/The_Logos_4_Beta_Program

Grace be to you

I spent most of my time in thinking of divine things, year after year; often walking alone in the woods and solitary places for meditation, soliloquy and prayer - Jonathan Edwards

Posts 56
Seth Huckstead | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 17 2010 9:44 AM

I cannot update either. I did have Logos set to beta channel, but I changed it to default with this last beta. My assumption was that when the next SR came out I would be able to download that, is this thought true? I thought that with each beta you could not revert to a SR that came prior to it, but if you went back to default you would have any subsequent SR and not download the beta releases. 

Posts 698
LogosEmployee

Seth Huckstead:

I cannot update either. I did have Logos set to beta channel, but I changed it to default with this last beta. My assumption was that when the next SR came out I would be able to download that, is this thought true? I thought that with each beta you could not revert to a SR that came prior to it, but if you went back to default you would have any subsequent SR and not download the beta releases. 

This is not correct.

If you're currently running a beta version, the "default" channel *IS* the "beta" channel. If you stay on default, the next time we release a "stable" release candidate to the beta channel, the meaning of "default" will become "stable". Thereafter, you will get your updates from the stable channel. This is necessary because switching from a beta release to a stable release could lead to data loss or application instability if the stable release is not of the same lineage as the beta you're currently running. We should be releasing an RC on the beta channel in the near future, so you'll have a chance to rejoin the stable channel safely then.

Director of Engineering for Enterprise and Operations

Posts 56
Seth Huckstead | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 18 2010 6:41 AM

Cameron, 

Thank you for clearing up my misconception. 

Blessings, 

Seth

Posts 698
LogosEmployee
Cameron Watters (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 22 2010 11:18 AM

This should be helpful to persons wanting to get off the beta channel:

http://community.logos.com/forums/t/26388.aspx

Director of Engineering for Enterprise and Operations

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS