Files Menus

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 2
Ron Snyder | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Nov 17 2010 9:51 AM

Question re Streamlining Open Files:

This folder contains all kinds of files e.g. notes; sentence diagrams; clippings; handouts;

visual filters; to name but a few. The problem is that when the number of files greatly

increases it becomes difficult & time consuming to find them. Part of the difficulty is

that when you open & close a file it then takes its place at the top of the list. After a

while with usage of files they become jumbled up & that’s where things need to be

streamlined. I would suggest that the file menu should contain separate folders for notes;

sentence diagrams; clippings; handouts etc. Don’t know if that makes sense but would

like your comments on the suggestion.

Posts 9397
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 17 2010 10:00 AM

Ron, this has been asked for a number of times. One thing you can do until Logos addresses this issue is to type 'Notes' in the find bar (if you are looking for a note file) and you will see only your note files in the menu.

There is a user voice suggestion for this: http://logos.uservoice.com/forums/42823-logos-bible-software-4/suggestions/509845-organize-files-popup-by-file-type-alphabet-and-re?ref=title

You could spend a vote or two to bump it up in priority.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 17 2010 10:43 AM

Ron Snyder:

Don’t know if that makes sense but would like your comments on the suggestion.

Are you asking us as  Logos employee (I see the icon under your name)?

If so, yes this would be very, very helpful. So just mozy over to Bob's office and tell him you have a great idea for making Logos4 even better!

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 1965
Donnie Hale | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 17 2010 11:07 AM

Ron Snyder:

Don’t know if that makes sense but would like your comments on the suggestion.

This is a bit stream of conscious, but...

Under "Open", there would be pre-created submenus for each "file" type (e.g. Clippings, Handouts, etc.). Then, like in a web browser where you can organize bookmarks, you could create your own folders under those submenus to organize items. I can see some folks not wanting those pre-created submenus (/ folders), so maybe they could exist but be functionally identical to folders we create on our own. That's helpful for new users but allows power users to make it however they want it.

Further, I'd add another column named "Recent" that behaves much like "Open" does now. That gives you ready access to files that you've touched lately, in most-recently used order.

My $.02 ...

Donnie

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS