Page 3 of 4 (74 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 73 Replies | 8 Followers

Posts 52
LogosEmployee
Reuben Evans (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 3 2011 5:03 PM

No problem, Mark.

We have re-transcoded the files and the error message is gone. Once fully tested, we will be posting new versions of these 5 videos for download, but keep in mind - it might take a few days. 

Posts 855
Ron Corbett | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 10 2011 7:15 AM

My downloads went well. The files unpacked well except for the last two in the Hebrew folder. Unzip could not unpack them - corrupt files? I sent Logos an e-mail and am waiting for a response.

Posts 5
Harry Lincoln | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 24 2011 6:35 AM

I have been watching for a posting of the 5 corrected files, but have not seen them. Have they been released? If so, where can I find them?

Posts 271
Don | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 25 2011 12:19 AM

Go to your account and look at your Orders page. Scroll down to Order History to find the original order, "Learn to Use Biblical Greek and Hebrew with Logos Bible Software" and click on the order number. At the new page, scroll down to find the orange download buttons. If the page looks strange in IE, use compatability mode.

Posts 19333
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 25 2011 12:33 AM

Don:
If the page looks strange in IE, use compatability mode.

Or use Firefox. Smile

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 25 2011 4:11 AM

Don:

Go to your account and look at your Orders page. Scroll down to Order History to find the original order, "Learn to Use Biblical Greek and Hebrew with Logos Bible Software" and click on the order number. At the new page, scroll down to find the orange download buttons. If the page looks strange in IE, use compatibility mode.

Are these the updates since the second set of DVDs went out? How do you know, they don't have a date? I did not see any announcement either, and these do not seem to match the titles that needed to be corrected the second time.

Posts 5
Harry Lincoln | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 25 2011 5:39 AM

Yes, on January 3rd Reuben Evans said: "We have re-transcoded the files and the error message is gone. Once fully tested, we will be posting new versions of these 5 videos for download, but keep in mind - it might take a few days." I did the download from my orders page a week or so ago and found the same lessons had the same problem. I would rather not do a massive download every couple of weeks to see if the 5 files in question are fixed. I am just trying to find out the status of these 5 files that were referenced on January 3rd, how to know when they are ready, and how to locate them for downloading. Thanks.

Posts 2206
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 25 2011 5:49 AM

Rueben

Since you are the one representing Logos who let us know that the new files were being tested and would be posted, can you please confirm that the new files are ready to be downloaded.  I think some of us do not wish to hear from anyone but you or another Logos representative.  If Reuben is not available, perhaps another official can comment?  Rosie, you are always helpful and I want to make sure I write that. But in this case, it is Rueben or another official that needs to inform us who purchased the product, that the second fix was applied and ready to be downloaded.  We should receive an email about it. We should not have to be discussing this on the forum.

Posts 113
Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 13 2011 7:03 AM

Hello,

Any news on the re-transcoded files?

Thank you!

Paul

Paul

Posts 343
Jason Saling | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 3 2011 4:43 PM

Where are the current download files and what is the cost to simply order the DVDs? (I already purchased the product).

Jason Saling

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 4 2011 5:28 PM

Jason!       *smile*

Peace to you!

My replacement DVD's were free; and they were delivered to me without asking because that seems to be what Logos did to those living outside the United States.

It is my understanding that for those living within the United States --   that they were required send an e-mail requesting the replacement DVD's .........

To download again,           ..............           go to your orders      ................ find THAT particular order         ..............  click on the order number        ......

then, go down a ways, and you will see the download options...

A few forum users did have problems with the zip files; but many did not.  You may desire to search for that very large thread...

Blessings                                  and

Joy in the Lord Always!

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 4 2011 5:30 PM

Don:

Go to your account and look at your Orders page. Scroll down to Order History to find the original order, "Learn to Use Biblical Greek and Hebrew with Logos Bible Software" and click on the order number. At the new page, scroll down to find the orange download buttons. If the page looks strange in IE, use compatability mode.

Just noticed that Don answered the same question better than I!                        *smile*

Peace to all!

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 2206
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 4 2011 5:41 PM

Mark:

Rueben

Since you are the one representing Logos who let us know that the new files were being tested and would be posted, can you please confirm that the new files are ready to be downloaded.  I think some of us do not wish to hear from anyone but you or another Logos representative.  If Reuben is not available, perhaps another official can comment?  Rosie, you are always helpful and I want to make sure I write that. But in this case, it is Rueben or another official that needs to inform us who purchased the product, that the second fix was applied and ready to be downloaded.  We should receive an email about it. We should not have to be discussing this on the forum.

Rueben never replied to this.  The question is a simple one.  DVDs were sent out to replace the defective DVDs.  But on the new DVDs, a problem was discovered.  Rueben from Logos confirmed the problem on January 3, 2011 and promised to let us know when the files were corrected (he wrote that it would take a few days). 

To date, we have not had confirmation from Logos that the defective files on the replacement DVDs were corrected.  We learned of a work around. But we never have been notified that the 5 defective videos on the NEW DVD have been corrected (see post from Rueben, on this thread at the top of page 3.

Posts 52
LogosEmployee
Reuben Evans (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 5 2011 5:55 AM

Mark - just contact customer service for a replacement disc.  A new one is available. 

Posts 113
Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 6 2011 1:32 PM

Hello,

But is the latest corrections, of what Mark is speaking about?  If this is the case then is a second replacements set due?

Thank you,

Paul

Paul

Posts 113
Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 19 2011 2:12 PM

Hello,

Does anyone know if the misc video's have been corrected the second time?

Thank you,

Paul

Paul

Posts 5
Harry Lincoln | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 19 2011 6:30 PM

The 5 errant files have been corrected. If you go to your Order History and re-download the Greek files (as described a few postings above, you will have the corrections. You only need replace the 5 files on your drive, though you need to download both Greek zip files

Posts 592
Brent Hoefling | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 22 2011 1:17 PM

Harry Lincoln:

The 5 errant files have been corrected. If you go to your Order History and re-download the Greek files (as described a few postings above, you will have the corrections. You only need replace the 5 files on your drive, though you need to download both Greek zip files

found this several times in the thread - THANK YOU ALL!!!

I was actually waiting till I was able to get around running through these (again) before checking on the fixes/availability.  it is all there and now downloading to an SD card on my new EEE slate.  woohoo!  more Logos awesomemess!

Posts 592
Brent Hoefling | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 22 2011 5:15 PM

well, I downloaded the 3 files.  the two greek ones worked great.  i tried downloading the hebrew one 2 times and both time seemed to work, but when unzipping, it errors on lesson 9, and the rest don't extract.  bah.

Posts 2206
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 22 2011 5:48 PM

Brent Hoefling:
  i tried downloading the hebrew one 2 times and both time seemed to work, but when unzipping, it errors on lesson 9, and the rest don't extract

I can tell you that the Hebrew files that came on the DVD work.  So either there is a problem with the Hebrew files that are being downloaded, or more likely, they downloaded on your machine corruptly.  I would suggest trying the download a third time or requesting the DVD.

Page 3 of 4 (74 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS