Page 4 of 4 (74 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4
This post has 73 Replies | 8 Followers

Posts 19333
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 22 2011 6:15 PM

Mark:

Brent Hoefling:
  i tried downloading the hebrew one 2 times and both time seemed to work, but when unzipping, it errors on lesson 9, and the rest don't extract

I can tell you that the Hebrew files that came on the DVD work.  So either there is a problem with the Hebrew files that are being downloaded, or more likely, they downloaded on your machine corruptly.  I would suggest trying the download a third time or requesting the DVD.

Other people have had problems with them on the download link, and we've repeatedly asked for Logos to fix them there. The fix was made for the DVD version and the answer keeps coming back: order the DVD. Either they should pull the bad files from the download link, or fix them there, too. I have contacted Reuben about this.

Posts 439
Mark Stevens | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 22 2011 7:15 PM

Has anyone in Australia received their DVDs as yet? (The replacement ones)

Posts 52
LogosEmployee
Reuben Evans (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 22 2011 11:12 PM

Brent,

Just give customer service a call and request a disc. The files available for download have been checked and appear fine. So our best guess is some connections experience trouble with the size of the download. 

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 23 2011 5:06 AM

FWIW I just downloaded the Hebrew zip file from my Orders page, and played lesson 9 on Hebrews without any problems unzipping or playing. I believe the file is fine on the Logos server..

Posts 592
Brent Hoefling | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 23 2011 8:31 AM

Dominick Sela:

FWIW I just downloaded the Hebrew zip file from my Orders page, and played lesson 9 on Hebrews without any problems unzipping or playing. I believe the file is fine on the Logos server..

what about 10 and 11?  they are listed in the zip but wont unzip/extract.

enclosed is an image of the open zip, and another with the errors trying to extract those two files.  and I have now tried downloading the nebrew .zip file 6 times and to 4 different locations that last 4 times.

Posts 592
Brent Hoefling | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 23 2011 8:41 AM

Reuben Evans:

Brent,

Just give customer service a call and request a disc. The files available for download have been checked and appear fine. So our best guess is some connections experience trouble with the size of the download. 

Since there is an obvious issue that others have mentioned as well, why not split the zip into two files like the Greek ones?  make them all below 4g is size.  I believe the issue is in downloading a file that is over 4g.  just a suggestion.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 23 2011 9:35 AM

Brent Hoefling:

Reuben Evans:

Brent,

Since there is an obvious issue that others have mentioned as well, why not split the zip into two files like the Greek ones?  make them all below 4g is size.  I believe the issue is in downloading a file that is over 4g.  just a suggestion.

Wonder about trying a different zip extraction tool ? (that can handle files larger than 4 GB)

Using 64 bit Windows 7 with Microsoft provided extract, right clicked on LearnHebrew-v2.zip file (4.16 GB), then clicked "Extract All ..." to unzip 11 files (4.66 GB) that worked fine:

Observation: anti-virus software may have file size limits (for scanning zip file contents).

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 23 2011 10:40 AM

Brent Hoefling:
what about 10 and 11?  they are listed in the zip but wont unzip/extract.

Ah ha!  I should have gone further - 10 and 11 are corrupt for me as well.  I use a download manager, it's not the transmission of the file.

Posts 592
Brent Hoefling | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 23 2011 11:39 AM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):

Brent Hoefling:

Reuben Evans:

Brent,

Wonder about trying a different zip extraction tool ? (that can handle files larger than 4 GB)

Keep Smiling Smile

Ding, ding, ding!!

okay, maybe a faq should be started. :)

be sure you are using an OS that suports greater than 4gb files.

make sure that you are using an uncompression tool that supports those large files (again, 4gb seems to be the issue).

make sure that your firewall/AV software allow transferring that large of a file (once again, perhaps the 4gb "limit").

in my case - Windows vista ultimate (not 64bit) i saved the zip from a previous download and was using pkware from a couple years ago, it has always worked and was the purchased version, not shareware - so didn't assume it was not going to work.  in this case, it did not work.  just to try that point further, I uninstalled the version i had (10.xx i think), and then downloaded the latest version 12.xx and tried again to no avail.  i didnt' see any issues with 4gb files noted on teh website, but in my final attempt. I uninstalled the pkware altogether and used the built in uncompressed that is part of Vista (XP and Win7 have this as well), and it worked.  I used the zip that I had downloaded previously and that wouldn't unzip without errors and this time with the built in functionality of Vista - it worked!!

BTW - in my very first attempt to download directly, I did have to adjust my firewall settings.  my AV didnt' seem to make a difference, but I can see how it might if it does autochecking when a file is downloaded.

thank you everyone for all your help and participation and patience with me. Wink

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 23 2011 2:02 PM

I have Win 7 64 bit, I just right clicked on the zip file, clicked on Open With..., chose Windows Explorer, and it opened it fine - both 10 and 11played fine (although the audio is very soft in 11).

Posts 2206
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 23 2011 2:04 PM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):

Obviously, the answer is to split the file on the files site so the file is not so big.  There have been so many issues with this particular resource!  Splitting the file will solve what hopefully would be the last issue.  And Logos should take note not to have files so large as downloads, but make it a policy to split large files.  They did it with the greek files.  Why not do it with the hebrew files?

Posts 294
Debra W Bouey | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 25 2011 5:18 AM

Dominick Sela:

I have Win 7 64 bit, I just right clicked on the zip file, clicked on Open With..., chose Windows Explorer, and it opened it fine - both 10 and 11played fine (although the audio is very soft in 11).

Aye, ditto here, except my first attempt to download ended up with a system freeze and forced reboot. I couldn't force just the browser - FireFox - to close, it's extremely rare these days that I get a full system freeze, so maybe it was just a conflict with something else I had going on in another tab in FF, I dunno; I had plenty of RAM though so that wasn't a factor.

Once I rebooted and reopened FireFox, the huge file downloaded via my broadband turbo and unzipped just fine.

Lenovo P72: Intel 8th Gen i7-8750H 6-core, 32GB RAM, 2TB HDD + 1TB Sata SSD, 17.3" FHD 1920x1080, NVIDIA Quadro P600 4GB, Win 10 Pro

Posts 611
Graham Owen | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 13 2011 11:07 AM

Reuben Evans:
just contact customer service for a replacement disc.  A new one is available.

Just hit the problem but thanks to the forums I know that I need new disks, it's a real shame that video updates cannot be pushed out like book resources as I now have to wait for the replacement DVD.

God Bless

Graham

Pastor - NTCOG Basingstoke

Posts 7
amy jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 14 2011 4:17 AM

Thank you, I just found out that I needed to order replacement video for poor sound quality in Greek as I used the Hebrew video first.

Page 4 of 4 (74 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 | RSS