Multiple passages...

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 4
John Nuxoll | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Nov 22 2010 5:31 PM

I would like to be able to search multiple verses from a source and lay them side by side for comparison. This feature is available in other software and you can even do it online at Biblegateway.com. I'm not sure why the feature is not available on logos...or am I missing something?

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 22 2010 9:59 PM

Hi John,

i hope that someone from Logos answers your suggestion.

But thougth that i would show you one way that you can do this in L4.. A little indirect though. After doing the search, i click in the Search menu and click on Save as Passage List, which shows all the verses lined up like BibleGateway.

Passage List on the left and the Search on the right. Search also shows me many things the BibleGateway doesn't, like which versions don't use the word that i searched for .

QLinks, Bibl2, LLR, Macros
Dell Insp 17-5748, i5, 1.7 GHz, 8G RAM, win 8.1

Posts 13419
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 23 2010 1:21 AM

It's worth adding that (a) if you hover over the 'squares' in the search, the popup will give the verse in that version, but more importantly, (b) if you widen your passage list, you'll see the results in columns, which (in my view) is even more useful. There's more in passage lists in this video or on the wiki.

Posts 1680
Jerry M | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 23 2010 5:50 AM

Even if you could take the results from a search and put them into a passage list and then choose "columns", so that multiple passages in one translation were displayed side by side , it would be helpful.

"For the kingdom of God does not consist in words but in power"      Wiki Table of Contents

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS