Black Friday - Cyber Monday 2010

Page 5 of 13 (242 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last »
This post has 241 Replies | 10 Followers

Posts 8666
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 27 2010 2:10 PM

Now I am grieved, because I got my excellent price quote and I'm trying to figure out if I can spend it without raising the ire of Mrs. Black.  

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 1374
nicky crane | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 27 2010 2:30 PM

Thomas Black:

Now I am grieved, because I got my excellent price quote and I'm trying to figure out if I can spend it without raising the ire of Mrs. Black.  

Every silver lining has a cloud  Stick out tongue  Tell Mrs. Black you'll be easier to live with if you have the wherewithal to study the Book better...

Posts 383
Daniel Bender | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 27 2010 2:34 PM

Thomas Black:

Just give her that charming smile and say, "You love me right? Well, I need these resources to be a better pastor."

Posts 8666
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 27 2010 2:38 PM

You guys are officially hired to be on my PR team.  LOL.

Of course it's a non-paid position so...... 

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 299
Robert Mullen | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 27 2010 2:38 PM

Jim L. West:

I will also take more time and care in what I choose. However, I got two of my choices for 70% off the regular priceCool

I think it all matters on what you choose. I chose one high profile moderate price item, one moderately priced commentary collection, and one very expensive commentary collection. All the discounts were between 25%-32%. Not bad for sure but with the titles I am looking at and finances as they are around this time of year it would have take 50%-70% to pry open the wallet. I do think my selections were a big part of the problem. I have been buying stuff pretty regularly this year too and have a pretty full slate of pre-pubs. Add in the 12 Days and I have to be Scrooge McDuck a little at the moment.

Posts 383
Daniel Bender | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 27 2010 2:40 PM

Thomas Black:

Thomas, when did you send in your request? I sent mine in Friday 1:00 PM EST. Got roped into going to the mall with the Mrs and youngest daughter (at 5:00 AM). Am still waiting to get my quotes. At this point I imagine it will be sometime Monday.

Edit: oops. . . just checked my email to logos sales and it didn't get sent until 4:00 PM EST

Posts 182
Linden | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 27 2010 2:40 PM

Ben:
and a good discount off Jewish Commentary on the New Testament :)

Interesting...I asked for that one too and was not given any discount on it. Crying

Linden

Posts 442
Tony Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 27 2010 2:41 PM

I wonder what time they are up to now??

Director of Zoeproject 

www.zoeproject.com

Posts 182
Linden | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 27 2010 2:53 PM

David J. Wilson:
I expect the percentage discounts available would depend a lot on who is the publisher and what percentage of the normal price relates to the royaties due to the publisher and author, so we can expect some discounts to be significantly larger than others.....   

That would be a logical explanation except I asked for a title that is in the public domain and therefore doesn't have a publisher and got what seems like a minimal (< 20%) discount.  I wonder how much of a role the price of the item plays into the equation or maybe physical media has something to do with it?

Linden

Posts 182
Linden | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 27 2010 3:06 PM

Hi Dan,

I have a couple of questions for you.  Ben requested a discount on the Jewish New Testament Commentary and received one.  I requested the same title and got no discount at all.  Is that possible or was this a accident?

Second, I requested a discount on a public domain item and got what appears to me to be a very small discount (far smaller than what others here are describing).  Without getting into specifics of the calculation, would this be expected for a public domain title?

If you want to check into the offer I received, Bryan was the one who emailed it to me.

Thanks for your help in advance and this definitely was a unique, novel promotion.

Linden

Posts 182
Linden | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 27 2010 3:14 PM

Just got a reply from Bryan...there isn't a discount on that title.  Consider yourself fortunate Ben.

Linden

Posts 261
Ralph A. Abernethy III | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 27 2010 3:34 PM

Got Oden's, Pannenburg's, and Bloesch's Systematic Theologies with the Black Friday offer. Was pleased with the discounts offered.  They're now downloaded, indexed, and safely in my Logos Library.  Thanks, Dan!

Posts 19707
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 27 2010 3:56 PM

I just got my email back from my sales rep, Jim-Ray Higginson, saying they've now got 900 emails in their "sales" inbox! That's after more than 24 hours of dealing with them. I'm not sure if he's counting the one's they've already processed yet or not. Anyway, this gives you a bit of a clue as to how much interest there has been in this sale. If they process one email a minute, it would take them 15 hours to get through the rest of those emails, and that's an extremely optimistic estimate of how quickly they can handle each one. Plus there are more emails coming in constantly. That 900 is just the ones they've accumulated thus far on the first two days of the sale.

A hint: if you've already established a relationship with a sales rep and haven't sent your Black Friday email in yet, send it to your sales rep directly, not to sales@logos.com. He or she will get the commission that way, and you'll have the personalized service you've grown accustomed to. And who knows, you might even get your reply sooner. I sent my email in at 4:53PM yesterday and got my response from Jim-Ray less than 24 hours later, at 3:31PM today.

As I'd expected, the largest most expensive bundle I'd asked about wasn't discounted any more than what's shown on the website, but the two other moderately priced ones ($199.95 and $159.95) were discounted (to $149.00 and $109.95, or 25% and 31% off, respectively).

Posts 738
Frank Sauer | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 27 2010 4:07 PM

Hmmm... Feeling a little excommunicated here....

I've now seen a few people that stated the time of their emails in the forums and said emails were hours after mine (9:47am Central on Friday) and I still haven't received any response. Checked the spam folders, double checked the sent message folder and all is in place, no response....

Maybe my deal is going to be so discounted it is taking extra long to respond Big Smile

Or maybe I'm just getting skipped.... Sad

Posts 1863
Rick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 27 2010 4:21 PM

I sent my request at 8:09 a.m. Friday (Eastern) and got the reply at 2:08 p.m. (Eastern). I can imagine that once word got out, Logos was flooded.

Posts 71
Brian Huddleston | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 27 2010 4:49 PM

I sent my request yesterday at 12:35 Central time and received a reply just about an hour ago.  My order was placed and downloaded within seconds or replying to the offer.  Thanks to Logos for giving me a good price and for working overtime over this weekend!

Wylie, TX

Posts 738
Frank Sauer | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 27 2010 4:57 PM

Sure Brian just rub it in Big Smile

Seriously, glad you received a good deal and others have too. You're just another that has a response to an email almost 3 hours after mine.... Angry

Maybe it is a sign that I don't need to spend money on this program.... Wink

Posts 19707
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 27 2010 5:06 PM

Frank Sauer:

Hmmm... Feeling a little excommunicated here....

I've now seen a few people that stated the time of their emails in the forums and said emails were hours after mine (9:47am Central on Friday) and I still haven't received any response. Checked the spam folders, double checked the sent message folder and all is in place, no response....

Maybe my deal is going to be so discounted it is taking extra long to respond Big Smile

Or maybe I'm just getting skipped.... Sad

Did you follow all the instructions about the email?

1) Include your name and phone number

2) List only three products that you want to inquire about discounts on

3) Include the web URLs of those products

It might take longer to get a response if you didn't do it just like that. If you still don't get a reply by Monday night, email Dan Pritchett (dan@logos.com), attach your sent email as proof that you sent it on time, and he'll make sure you get taken care of.

Posts 1680
Jerry M | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 27 2010 5:06 PM

Several resources I am interested in are published by Baker.  Does anyone know if they are restrictive as say Zondervan or could I expect a reasonable discount?

"For the kingdom of God does not consist in words but in power"      Wiki Table of Contents

Posts 738
Frank Sauer | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 27 2010 5:13 PM

Sure did Rosie. Only additional information were my Logos Account email address and a comment about whether or not Base Package Upgrades were included or not. Also already forwarded the original to Dan a little while ago...

Didn't know whether or not I got black listed from Black Friday for my complaining about Smart Tags and the Sermon File Addin.... Wink (BTW before anyone jumps on this, it is said jokingly)

Page 5 of 13 (242 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last » | RSS