Black Friday - Cyber Monday 2010

Page 8 of 13 (242 items) « First ... < Previous 6 7 8 9 10 Next > ... Last »
This post has 241 Replies | 10 Followers

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 28 2010 5:52 AM

Rebecca RG ... which SESB depends on what you already have. Last year, I got the cheapo and then ended up getting the 3.0 upgrade because I needed the LXX apparatus. So, squinting is a good thing.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 13428
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 28 2010 6:17 AM

Martin Folley:
A tricky decision ... I still do not like the 'private deal, car salesman' approach of having your own personal dealer, it still seems 'dishonest'. Let me make it clear that I do not believe it to be, but here in the UK, prices are prices, public, open and fair. The only places were bartering is general practice are used car sales, house sales, double glazing and builders. All of whom have a poor reputation.

I'm from the UK too, and agree absolutely. I find it very strange that I can telephone a particular sales rep and get a better deal than I can online. I'm slowly getting used to it, but it still doesn't feel right. I guess it's a cultural thing.

This is my personal Faithlife account. On 1 March 2022, I started working for Faithlife, and have a new 'official' user account. Posts on this account shouldn't be taken as official Faithlife views!

Posts 273
Brad Fry | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 28 2010 6:21 AM

From the U.S. of A. I don't like it either. So it's not just a cultural thing. Just give me the best price you're going to.

Posts 2961
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 28 2010 6:48 AM

Sent Friday, November 26, 2010 2:26 PM (EST)

Received reply Sat, Nov 27, 2010 11:55 pm (unknown time zone)

Bought all three (discounts of 38%, 18% and 30%) (Sun Nov 28 about 9 AM EST)

(And I did ask if they were getting the proper amount of sleep)

[With my current collection of resources my estimated time to do a complete study on any given verse is about 45 days (define complete study as read every resource that touches the subject) (that estimate includes the time to do the 17 other studies I will have to do because of things I find interesting in the original study)]

Posts 607
Pam Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 28 2010 8:31 AM

Mark A. Smith:

Got my email overnight. No discounts available on the Baker and ICC titles I selected.

I was concerned about Baker too, but then I got 27% off on the two Baker collections I wanted (Theology and NT Studies).

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 28 2010 8:48 AM

Floyd Johnson:

Unless something has changed, there is no other way to get a serial number.

If you have a nice sales rep it might be possible to have the CD delivered directly to him. He then enters the serial number and throws away the disc, after which you can download as normal. Don't know if they can do it with all publishers, though.

If I get a good price on the only CD-product I had on my list, I'm certainly hoping to do it that way. Though considering his work load right now, I fully intend to tell him he can deal with it a bit later, when things have calmed down a little... Smile

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 9552
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 28 2010 11:13 AM

Pam Larson:
I was concerned about Baker too, but then I got 27% off on the two Baker collections I wanted

I had single items selected from Baker. Funny thing is a month ago I was offered 25% off the two Baker titles if I selected five titles or more no matter the publisher. That was by calling sales directly. I didn't have five titles. I guess three isn't enough on this deal.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 1360
Edwin Bowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 28 2010 12:30 PM

I decided to dream big.

16 hours later:

18% off a major set from Eerdmans

8% off a small set from Eerdmans

No discount available on the single title from Baker

I struck out.

We'll see what's in the 12 Days of Logos sale.

UPDATE:  I got an update from my rep. The major set is 26% off. That's better. I was hoping for more.

My rep said that he had over 600 emails waiting.

Posts 147
Scott H. Clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 28 2010 2:00 PM

I haven't read the whole thread, so forgive me if this has been discussed to death as I suspect it may have been.  I guess Best Buy, et. al. has spoiled me, but I was expecting larger discounts.  I had a $25 item reduced to $20, a $45 item reduced to $30, and a $175 item reduced to $150.  The middle one is acceptable, though not really stellar, but the other two discounts were so much less than my expectations, that I finished reading the email feeling disappointed.  I've spent plenty on Logos (Platinum + TJL 1-10 + others), and I will spend more, but this seemed like an ordinary Logos sale.  I couldn't justify an extra purchase this time at those prices.  It's not like the $100 Plasma TV at Best Buy, for example.  Like I said, I guess I am spoiled.  I DO appreciate the effort, but I'm hoping one of my items ends up on the 12 Days of Christmas.

Posts 1680
Jerry M | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 28 2010 2:20 PM

It was mentioned that we could use the payment plan to pay for black friday specials.  Do you have to call to do that or can you set up a payment plan on the web site?

"For the kingdom of God does not consist in words but in power"      Wiki Table of Contents

Posts 442
Tony Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 28 2010 2:20 PM

I received 23% off of an Eerdman's set and 0% (zero, zip, nada) off of a Logos Research Systems set that is in the public domain.  So I am really not sure how the discounts are being calculated.

Director of Zoeproject 

www.zoeproject.com

Posts 356
Ralph Mauch | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 28 2010 3:18 PM

Jerry M:
Do you have to call to do that or can you set up a payment plan on the web site?

Jerry, I would state that in the email, either the initial one, or the one they send you with an offer. After I received the offer, then agreed to it, I got an email back with the items charged to my credit card.

I picked up 2 items that I missed out on with the pre-pub, and one that I wouldn't have gotten unless there was a sale... all said,  for me it was about 23% of on all items ($54.00 savings), one of which is a CD that will be shipped to me.

I'm a happy camper! Thanks Logos guys!

Posts 10886
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 28 2010 3:59 PM

Jerry M:
Do you have to call to do that or can you set up a payment plan on the web site?

The email detailing Logos' offer in response to my Black Friday selections contained these lines:

Thank you for your email. Please find below your special Black Friday special pricing. I am able to offer you the option to spread the payments out over multiple months.

Posts 1680
Jerry M | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 28 2010 4:28 PM

Thanks Ralph and Jack for the reply.   My request will no doubt be close to $1500 and was looking for a way to make it less painful.  I didn't get my request in until late, so I am expecting a response sometime Monday.  ( Albeit like a little boy on Christmas eve.)

"For the kingdom of God does not consist in words but in power"      Wiki Table of Contents

Posts 334
Paul Strickert | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 28 2010 5:01 PM

I didn't have a clue about calling sales directly for a better price.  Not until recently.  I wish I'd have known it before, since I spent hundreds of dollars @ Logos this past year.  It would've been nice to save a little $. 

Posts 550
Shawn Drewett | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 28 2010 7:43 PM

I'm confused.......Logos requests that we email them with our picks and offers and then everyone is talking about that they called them to get better deals. Why did they ask us to email them?

Posts 9552
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 28 2010 7:51 PM

Shawn Drewett:
I'm confused

There are two discussions going on. One: calling a sales rep. to get (perhaps) better prices than available on the web site pertains to normal purchases. Two: stating what you want in an email pertains to this sale. (Of course you can use the email approach instead of a phone call for normal sales business, too.)

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 550
Shawn Drewett | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 28 2010 8:15 PM

So people are not calling a sales rep concerning the Black Friday sale?

Posts 737
Frank Sauer | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 28 2010 8:25 PM

Well I almost went for one of the offers on the Base Package upgrade from Scholars to Silver. Even sent the email, but after looking at it a little more, it was 10 - 20 dollars more than my normal Academic Pricing that I was quoted not long ago.  So I wound up changing my mind.

Pretty good offer on one about 50% it was the lowest of my choices and I only really thought about buying it only at a crazy discount like 75% and the last offer was around 7% or $20 off.

1 good offer, 1 decent offer and the less than 10% offer. I appreciate the chance to get the offers, but right now will have to pass. The upgrade almost had me, and would have been a definite deal if it were $25 lower than my original Academic Pricing quote. Maybe like many others the "Black Friday" "Door Buster" and Cyber Monday crazy sales had my expectations a little unfair for Logos... Maybe we're all getting a little spoiled with the crazy pricingSmile

Posts 9552
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 28 2010 9:22 PM

Shawn Drewett:
So people are not calling a sales rep concerning the Black Friday sale?

As far as I know they are not. The directions were clear about the fact this is an email response offer only.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Page 8 of 13 (242 items) « First ... < Previous 6 7 8 9 10 Next > ... Last » | RSS