Black Friday - Cyber Monday 2010

Page 9 of 13 (242 items) « First ... < Previous 7 8 9 10 11 Next > ... Last »
This post has 241 Replies | 10 Followers

Posts 19707
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 28 2010 9:28 PM

Shawn Drewett:

So people are not calling a sales rep concerning the Black Friday sale?

I emailed my sales rep concerning the Black Friday sale, but would have been offered the same deals had I emailed sales@logos.com instead; it's just that I wanted to work with the same sales person who has helped me in the past. They are all on the same team and all offer the same discounts. Normally there's no difference between calling or emailing. But this particular sale offer was email only, so that they could guarantee people a reply if they got their email in by the deadline. I'm not sure if people have tried calling in about it, but I'm guessing the phones have been ringing off the hook and they'd prefer we not call during this busy time.

Posts 1360
Edwin Bowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 29 2010 5:43 AM

Shawn Drewett:

I'm confused.......Logos requests that we email them with our picks and offers and then everyone is talking about that they called them to get better deals. Why did they ask us to email them?

I emailed my sales rep.

Posts 1
Nathan Freemyer | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 29 2010 6:08 AM

Joe Miller:

Richard DeRuiter:
Welwyn Commentary series
Hi Richard, 

The 18 volume Wesleyan Bible Commentary is available.  I have it and it is helpful.

http://www.logos.com/product/4749/wesleyan-bible-commentary-series

You can get the New Testament commentaries significantly discounted today on wphonline.com.

Posts 550
Shawn Drewett | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 29 2010 6:30 AM

Hmm Ugh! Sent my BF/CM email @ 5:48 PM Friday. Still haven't heard a thing. From all the posts I've read it doesn't look like I'll get a very good discount..........hope I'm wrong.

Posts 10893
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 29 2010 6:46 AM

Shawn Drewett:
From all the posts I've read it doesn't look like I'll get a very good discount.

That seems to depend upon what you ordered. I got 25% on one resource and no discount on the other two. Some posters mentioned much larger discounts.

Shawn Drewett:
Sent my BF/CM email @ 5:48 PM Friday. Still haven't heard a thing.

I think they had a skeleton staff working Saturday and were probably off yesterday. I got my order in at 8:46AM (EST) Friday and received a response 11:45AM (EST) Saturday. I think the volume of emails grew as Friday progressed. Hang in there, you should hear something today.

Posts 550
Shawn Drewett | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 29 2010 6:49 AM

You have to admit, Logos knows how to create excitement and anticipation!

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 29 2010 7:18 AM

It would be great if people would post to this thread when they get their email back along with the time their email was sent and the time Logos replied. Personally I would find it more fun to track then the Barnes thread Smile

Posts 3883
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 29 2010 8:31 AM

Shawn Drewett:
Hmm Ugh! Sent my BF/CM email @ 5:48 PM Friday. Still haven't heard a thing. From all the posts I've read it doesn't look like I'll get a very good discount..........hope I'm wrong.

Surprising - I sent mine an hour earlier and did get mine (I think you said you were in CST).   Not a good price, but did get a response.  You might want to resend in case your message got lost in cyber space.

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 1616
Ben | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 29 2010 8:36 AM

I sent mine in Friday morning at 10:26 AM, heard back Friday night, 9:28 PM.

Ordered Saturday, had resources downloading between then and now :)

"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected."- G.K. Chesterton

Posts 2004
Donnie Hale | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 29 2010 8:58 AM

Donnie Hale:

... I emailed Logos at 2:15 PM Eastern time Friday and got my reply at 7:15 PM Eastern time this evening (Sat).

I just placed my order. I also added a few low-priced stragglers from my wish list. I'm excited to get a couple of new commentary series. Of course, I've first got the fun of tweaking my library information so I can track the items in this order. ;)

Donnie

Posts 351
Luuk Dondorp | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 29 2010 9:33 AM

My wish list was sent on friday, received an email with the price offerings on saturday, replied which one I would like to buy and today on monday I got an confirmation email of my order. The new resources are already downloaded and on this very moment indexing is on the move.

Super. 

Thank you Logos!

Luuk

Posts 182
Linden | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 29 2010 9:35 AM

Hi Ben,

Ben:
and a good discount off Jewish Commentary on the New Testament :)

Since I'm a glutton for punishment, what discount % did you get on the Jewish Commentary on the New Testament?  Just would like to know what might have been had I gotten a discount on that title .

Linden

Posts 3760
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 29 2010 10:52 AM

Floyd Johnson:

Shawn Drewett:

Surprising - I sent mine an hour earlier and did get mine (I think you said you were in CST).   Not a good price, but did get a response.  You might want to resend in case your message got lost in cyber space.

Wow... sent mine 10:26am Friday, & STILL no answer. Not feeling optimistic...

Grace & Peace,
Bill

MSI GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
iPhone 12 Pro Max 512Gb
iPad 9th Gen iOS 15.6, 256GB

Posts 550
Shawn Drewett | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 29 2010 10:55 AM

Wow, you sent yours before mine. I don't think Logos will be running this particular sale again.

Posts 1374
nicky crane | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 29 2010 10:59 AM

I sent mine early saturday morning, pacific time, so am not surprised that I have not received a reply, tho  I keep checking my inbox with unrealistic optimism.  My email will have been part of a flood drowning the skeleton staff over the weekend Hmm

Posts 1616
Ben | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 29 2010 11:07 AM

About 25% on the Jewish Commentary.

"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected."- G.K. Chesterton

Posts 334
Paul Strickert | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 29 2010 11:30 AM

Shawn Drewett:

I don't think Logos will be running this particular sale again.

Logos waited until the last minute to put this deal together.  So, I'm not surprised to see the chaos that resulted.  I hope they do it again, though -- but with more forethought next time. 

Posts 550
Shawn Drewett | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 30 2010 5:15 AM

85 hours since I emailed my offers ( I resent last night just to make sure they got it) and still no response!

Posts 798
Jerry Bush | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 30 2010 6:04 AM

The deals I was offered were nothing to get excited about. I did not bite on any of them. Oh well.

Jerry

iMac (2019 model), 3Ghz 6 Core Intel i5, 16gb Ram, Radeon Pro Graphics. 500GB SSD.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 30 2010 12:35 PM

Forum posts are acting really weird right now. My text is getting cut off when posted. Here goes another try:

I waited until almost midnight (Central Standard Time) to send my email. Imagine how horrified I was to see the url for my third choice appears to be corrupted somehow. Here is what showed in my email:

Baker Hermeneutics Collection (14 vols.) $329.95
http://www.logos.com/product/4492/baker-hermeneutics-collection/new-testament-st
udies-bundle

This url does not go to any product. I do not understand why this is what I ended up with considering I always cut & paste urls. Funny thing is when I look at the product page url, it does not have any text after the "hermeneutics-collection" part. Maybe I found an old product page that once offered the Hermeneutics collection & NT Studies collections in a bundle that has since been withdrawn. I am hoping it does not affect the validity of my quote request.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Page 9 of 13 (242 items) « First ... < Previous 7 8 9 10 11 Next > ... Last » | RSS