Unofficial tutorial videos now available as easy downloads

Page 2 of 2 (29 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 28 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 49
Jim Oesterwind | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 27 2010 2:43 PM

Also note that the forum hyperlinked what Logos did not on my cpu.

Jim Oesterwind

Heritage Baptist Church

Antioch, CA

www.heritageantioch.com

Posts 19271
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 27 2010 2:45 PM

Jim Oesterwind:
When I write, sometimes I notice that Logos fails to recognize verse references and hyperlink them.

If the verse reference is the very last thing in your note (not counting punctuation after it), then Logos will not recognize it. You have to hit Spacebar or Enter after a reference to get Logos to convert it to a link. If you just hit Tab to move the focus away from the note (or click somewhere else outside the note), then it remains unconverted. I think Logos should fix this.

Posts 270
Stein Dahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 27 2010 2:45 PM

Floyd Johnson:
What a silly question - you know as well as I do that a preacher only works on Sunday.  I have had more than one parishioner remind me of this.Big Smile
Ha!

I actually laughed out loud when I read that!  Good one!

Posts 49
Jim Oesterwind | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 27 2010 2:59 PM

Thanks, Rosie.  I think I understand.  If I type:  (Mark 1.15).  - notice the period after the end parenthetical mark - no hyperlink.  If I type, (Mark 1.15) space, backspace, period, it works.  Got it.  Not ideal - but it works.

Jim

Jim Oesterwind

Heritage Baptist Church

Antioch, CA

www.heritageantioch.com

Posts 13419
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 27 2010 3:00 PM

Jim Oesterwind:
Notice that in each instance where a verse is wrapped with parenthesis, the hyperlink feature does not work.  That seems odd to me.

It looks like you've spotted a bug. I've just added a bug report to the beta forum, so hopefully it might get fixed in the future. I did notice that if you paste the text in, the link is created, so a temporary work-around for now would be to select all the text, copy then paste (CTRL+A, CTRL+C, CTRL+V).

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 27 2010 3:04 PM

Dear Brother Mark!

Peace and Joy in the Lord!

May God truly bless you richly for all you have done for us here in the Logos Community!

We really appreciate all of that!

God Bless you richly - you and your loved ones!  Now and forever!

That said -- if you are preaching tomorrow morning, shouldn't you ought to get to bed and get some ZZZZZZ's????       It's past midnight in your time zone!

*smile*

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 49
Jim Oesterwind | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 27 2010 3:05 PM

Thanks, Mark.  I appreciate your help. 

Jim Oesterwind

Heritage Baptist Church

Antioch, CA

www.heritageantioch.com

Posts 9519
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 27 2010 3:55 PM

Others have responded and we have successfully hijacked Mark's good news thread ;). Let me just share one screenshot which illustrates issues I find.

The first line is pretty much as I must type to get the comma issue to not affect the next reference when a 1, 2, or 3 is in the reference title. In some cases this works better than it did in L3.

The second line shows no issues with parentheses as long as I DO NOT put a period at the end.

In the third line I went back and corrected the reference to 5-6 in 2 Cor 3: and finished the sentence and the reference only finds 2 Cor 3 not the verses in that chapter.

The fourth line shows another anomoly related to using punctuation at the end of a parenthesis. Here a period after Rom 12:3 causes the reference to be linked to Romans 12 but not verse 3.

The last line is even more perplexing. The reference to 2 Cor 3:5-6 is messed up and the comma after Rom 12:3 completely baffles the program.

Punctuation after a reference in parentheses definitely causes a problem to the hyperlink creator, but there are other issues as well.

While we're on this subject, one L3 feature I miss is recognizing Bible refs that start with a lower case letter. For example, L3 would recognize rom 12:3 but L4 does not.

I'm sure this has been pointed out before and perhaps explained. I still would like to have the ability to skip the CAP key when typing in a reference in Notes.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 49
Jim Oesterwind | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 27 2010 4:02 PM

Thanks, Mark.  That was quite helpful.

Jim Oesterwind

Heritage Baptist Church

Antioch, CA

www.heritageantioch.com

Page 2 of 2 (29 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS