Need for Tablets!

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 39
David | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Nov 30 2010 7:25 AM

Hello:

I have been waiting in a seemingly very loooong line for a tablet that will deliver L4 in a format where you and add your own notes (with a stylus) and highlight text as well as maintain all of the L4 functionality ... but in a table format.

Anything on the horizon?

For an example, I just found a tablet called the "Kno", that seems to fit the bill and wondering if Logos has any plans for giving their customers this ability in the future.  I've attached a link to this awesome product and hope that I can be running my L4 (or L5 at the time?) on a similar product by next Christmas??!!

http://kno.com/thekno

Kind regards,

David

Posts 1680
Jerry M | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 30 2010 7:37 AM

Any tablet that is an actual computer will be able to run Logos without them building an app.  Two that come to mind are the thinkpad and HP Slate 500.  The more powerful ones are also less portable and more expensive. I believe several options for more portable ones will soon appear.

"For the kingdom of God does not consist in words but in power"      Wiki Table of Contents

Posts 579
Jim VanSchoonhoven | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 30 2010 8:32 AM

Is any one running  Logos on any of the small 10 inch dual core atom netbooks? I had a single core doing an okay job last year but I left it on the top of my car and drove off, it hit the ground at 50 mph and got ran over too!  It was running it too slow for me but I wonder with the improvements in the program and dual core if it would run fine now.

I have a small 13 in dual core that is not an atom, and it runs the program very well!  However the 10 inch is a nicer size.

Does anyone know anything???

In Christ,

Jim VanSchoonhoven

Posts 401
Timothy Ha | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 30 2010 10:43 AM

Jim VanSchoonhoven:
Is any one running  Logos on any of the small 10 inch dual core atom netbooks?

I am using Logos 4 in Asus EeePC T101MT with 2 Gb of RAM.  It runs well.  Especially if upgrade to SSD.  Then you can fold the tablet and carry it like a book (carrying like that is not very good for a HDD).  In Reading view Logos 4 now has tap buttons to navigate on Tablet PC, without mouse and keyboard.

JesusChrist.ru - Russian Christian Portal, with free Bible software; Timh.ru - blog

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS