Print a list of the book titles in my Logos 4

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1
Roger D. Willis | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Nov 30 2010 10:10 AM

I would like to have a print out of the titles of the current book in my Logos 4 library. Is there a simple process to accomplish this.

Posts 3883
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 30 2010 10:17 AM

Create a collection with "rating:>=0" and print or export it.

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 30 2010 10:17 AM

Welcome to the Forum Roger.

see this wiki page http://wiki.logos.com/Bibliography

QLinks, Bibl2, LLR, Macros
Dell Insp 17-5748, i5, 1.7 GHz, 8G RAM, win 8.1

Posts 2961
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 30 2010 7:49 PM

Roger D. Willis:

I would like to have a print out of the titles of the current book in my Logos 4 library. Is there a simple process to accomplish this.

The other replies are good BUT you asked to print out the titles - none of the formats available list just the title nor do they offer title followed by author

Posts 19577
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 30 2010 8:25 PM

David Ames:

Roger D. Willis:

The other replies are good BUT you asked to print out the titles - none of the formats available list just the title nor do they offer title followed by author

You're right. This is a shortcoming I've noticed and been bothered by. It would be nice if we could select (with checkboxes) which fields we wanted exported, instead of it always defaulting to all of the standard bibliographic fields.

In the meantime, here's a crazy three-step workaround, but it does the trick:

• Logos can export your Entire Library collection to BibTex format (see Mark Barnes's video on Exporting).
  • JabRef (http://jabref.sourceforge.net) is a free open-source Reference Manager which can open BibText files (.bib) and can export them to XML format.
  • Microsoft Excel (assuming you have that) can open XML files. You can then select whatever columns you want (e.g., author and title) and do with them what you like: copy/paste to a separate spreadsheet, print them out, etc. If you don't have Excel, you should also be able to import XML files into OpenOffice (which is free) and manipulate them as a table similarly to what Excel can do.
Posts 3883
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 30 2010 8:37 PM

Rosie Perera:
You're right. This is a shortcoming I've noticed and been bothered by. It would be nice if we could select (with checkboxes) which fields we wanted exported, instead of it always defaulting to all of the standard bibliographic fields.

Another solution would be to only print the fields that included in the collection definition.  Just like the library, we can define what fields are displayed in a collection.  For example, we could have two different collection definitions that include all our books - one that displays all the fields that are part of a bibliography and one that only displays the author and title.  The Print/Export function should print what the user has chosen to be displayed - it does not.  

A button could then be added to print "All Bibliographic Details".  Of course that button is there - but it does not seem to make any difference.  

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS