Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 397
T Gerold Castle | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Nov 30 2010 5:20 PM

Hey folks... Was reading through Catena Aurea tonight... WOWOWOW

But can someone tell me who Ho is? Smile

In HIS Eternal Service,
Tom Castle
**If we will do God's work, in God's way, at God's time, with God's power, we shall have God's blessings!!**

Posts 3883
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 30 2010 5:39 PM

Tom C:

I am reminded of a meal I attended recently.  It was a pastor's luncheon sponsored by our local Christian radio station.  As we arrived, we each were handed a name tag with our names and the name of our ministry.  Our ministry is called "Worship At The Gardens" as we meet at a senior apartment complex called "Royal Gardens."  However, my name tag very clearly said that we were called "Worship The Gardens."  

I expect Ho is a member of that same congregation.Big Smile

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 397
T Gerold Castle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 30 2010 5:49 PM

Haha.. That's funny.

In HIS Eternal Service,
Tom Castle
**If we will do God's work, in God's way, at God's time, with God's power, we shall have God's blessings!!**

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 30 2010 5:57 PM

Ho is a chef, everybody knows that...

Posts 483
Gary Butner, Th.D. | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 30 2010 6:26 PM

The Catena Aurea is awesome. I have most of the major commentaries, including Word, NICNT/NICOT, etc., however this has to be my favoritie set of resources.

Posts 19579
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 30 2010 7:25 PM

Tom C:

You know about "Report Typo" I presume? If not, select the word that you find misspelled, right click on it, wait until the left side of the pop-up menu fully populates and then scroll down to the bottom (if necessary) and select Report Typo. Type in the correction and any comments if applicable (e.g., "this same typo occurs throughout this volume several times"), and click Submit.

Floyd Johnson:

I expect Ho is a member of that same congregation.Big Smile

Ho! Ho! Ho!

Posts 397
T Gerold Castle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 30 2010 7:41 PM

Yes, I reported the typo... I was just funnin'.

In HIS Eternal Service,
Tom Castle

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 30 2010 9:25 PM

Tom C:

First clue:  It wasn't Ho Chi Minh.  Devil  Seriously though, I think it should have been "He" with the capitalized 'h' indicating that it is referring to Jesus.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 35598
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 30 2010 10:26 PM

Tom C:
But can someone tell me who Ho is?

Sorry - but if we had the Chinese Nestorian Christian writings in Logos I probably could.Big Smile

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 1 2010 2:47 AM

Sound's to me like someone was drinking a bit too much egg nog while proofing. Hey Logos, have you seen a chubby man with a long white beard and funky hat in your editing department lately?

Posts 2961
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 1 2010 5:29 AM

One of the goals in Quality Control is Perfection. [to expensive - need to 100% inspect 100 times by 100 different inspectors] But they settle for six sigma. 

That is still a lot of errors and if it was not in a key text it would not have been found so quickly [if at all].

Thanks Logos for many quality works!

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS