Copy and Paste question (regarding fonts, colors, etc)

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 20
Jeff Meyer | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Dec 1 2010 5:16 PM

So, I like to use the copy-n-paste function with Word and have Word styles set up.  Here is an example of the Copy and Paste style I am using:

%NoCharFormatting
%NoFootnotes
%NoCitation
%HeaderStyle=Logos_Header
%ForEachVerseStyle=Logos_Verse

=Header
<p><b>[FullPassageRef] ([Version])</b>  <b></b>

=ForEachVerse
<b>([VerseNum])</b> [VerseText]

=Footer
</p>

I can't figure out how to make the verse numbers the same color as the header.  I have the Word style set to be blue, and would like the verse numbers to be the same color, but I don't see a way to separate the verse number from the verse (to apply a different style to it)

Got any ideas?

Thanks!

Jeff.

Posts 19278
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 1 2010 11:17 PM

There is no separate formatting flag for the verse numbers so they will come out using the same style as you set for %ForEachVerseStyle. It would require asking Logos to add a separate flag -- e.g., %VerseNumStyle -- to do what you're trying to do. You could request that in the Suggestions forum, or on the Logos UserVoice forum.

Posts 1993
Donnie Hale | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 2 2010 9:40 AM

Where can I view / change these style settings?

Donnie

Posts 19278
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 2 2010 1:45 PM

Donnie Hale:

Where can I view / change these style settings?

Posts 1993
Donnie Hale | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 2 2010 1:53 PM

Thanks for the reply, Rosie. For a moment I thought I was going to have to ask for a "step 0", as I'd never seen anything like the screen you referenced. But I found the Copy Bible Passage functionality under Tools, so I think I can get it from there. I'd just been using a right-click on a selection and then "Copy" up to now.

Donnie

Posts 19278
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 2 2010 2:00 PM

Donnie Hale:

Thanks for the reply, Rosie. For a moment I thought I was going to have to ask for a "step 0", as I'd never seen anything like the screen you referenced. But I found the Copy Bible Passage functionality under Tools, so I think I can get it from there. I'd just been using a right-click on a selection and then "Copy" up to now.

Ah yes, I didn't make it clear that the screenshot I posted was the drop-down menu that comes from clicking in the Copy Bible Verses tab on the name of the existing selected style.

For all you ever wanted to know about Copy Bible Verses, see http://wiki.logos.com/Copy_Bible_Verses and watch Mark Barnes's video on the various ways of Exporting stuff from Logos (the CBV section is towards the end): http://vimeo.com/17178004

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS