Next, not first reference when typing in a resource navigation box please.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Dec 3 2010 11:40 AM

It just happened to me again. I'm browsing the NICNT (commentary) and want to move ahead from Luke 1:22 (p.80) to Luke 1:24. So I type that in the navigation box and L4 moves me backwards to an overview of that pericope (1:5-25, p.62), instead of to the next instance of the treatment for v 24 (also p.80).

When I sync that resource to my Bible, when v 24 is active, it goes to the correct location, but when I type in that verse it goes to the first instance of that reference in the index. Strange.

Suggestion: May I suggest that this behavior be changed to echo normal workflow: when typing in a reference, look for the next instance of that reference, and if not found, go to the first. Alternatively, include a next/previous option in/for the navigation box.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 35781
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 19 2020 6:45 PM

I can't replicate this as I get a drop down to select one of three options from .. the reasonable selection takes me to the correct position. Can anyone else duplicate this behavior?

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 23 2020 2:06 PM

MJ. Smith:

I can't replicate this as I get a drop down to select one of three options from .. the reasonable selection takes me to the correct position. Can anyone else duplicate this behavior?

I know about the drop down list. I (too?) often have to type in the verse a second time to get it. Expected workflow would be that if I'm in verse A, that if I wanted to go to verse A+3 (e.g.), that verse would be the default, with the other navigation options being presented as alternatives.

(BTW, your response is about 10 years late.)

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS