collapsible search results slow to draw when expanded

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 179
Trey Selman | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Dec 6 2010 12:01 PM

Why does it take a long time to show the collapsed results from a basic search?

Basic Search, Ordered by book

The result count is identified, so I assume the search has been done and the location found but when the book is chosen to expand it seems to take a long time to draw the screen to show the results. It seems like the search is being redone.

I do not mean to be a complainer I love the software and the wonderful changes that have been made over the past year.

We have been talking about optimization and I just don't understand why this takes so long to refresh/redraw the screen when there are only a handful of results that already seem to be found?

Guessing it is a WPF thing that will be updated when WPF is updated?

I tried searching the forum but could not find a discussion of this issue.

Posts 26054
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 6 2010 12:07 PM

Hi Trey

Is this the same as the issue discussed in



Posts 1616
Ben | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 6 2010 12:13 PM

I can't say if it's the same issue or not, but I've complained about this before. I don't like the slow redraw (is it rerunning the search?) when opening the search results.

Arrange by book, click on a book, and wait a little bit for the search to rerun.

Back when I used to run FolioViews, it took no time at all, so I don't understand. I'm on a vastly faster system and new software Indifferent

"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected."- G.K. Chesterton

Posts 179
Trey Selman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 6 2010 1:38 PM

Graham Criddle:
Is this the same as the issue discussed in

At least one of the posters in that thread mentioned the same or similar issue, but all of them do seem to be linked to the same issue to which I am also experiencing.

Since Optimization is a current work in progress it seems that this might be a place were a step could be taken in that direction.

The Parallel Resource List for Bible References (apparent similar issue) has been a great step forward in optimization, Thank you.

Seems redundant and wasteful to redo searches, but I am sure that I don't understand all the internal and interconnected issues involved.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS