Page 2 of 3 (60 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 59 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 103
Simon | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 7 2010 6:04 PM

Overall it is very encouraging to see substantial progress with this current release (Logos for iP-hone/od/ad 1.5.0). True I can't download the ESV SB for offline use on my 3rd Gen iPod Touch but at least I can still view the ESV study notes when I open a cross reference in the ESV bible or open the study notes online.

Posts 61
David Sawyer | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 8 2010 12:54 AM

This is so much quicker now offline for me. 

Thanks!

Posts 218
Dennis Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 8 2010 5:04 AM

I thought it was supposed to be faster, it doesn't appear that way to me, takes way more time than the previous version. Also, how do you delete a downloaded resource that keeps trying to update but is no longer on the device. (Bible Knowledge Commentary). I'm actually quite tired of the broken promise that all of our library resources would be available on our mobile devices.

Posts 13397
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 8 2010 5:12 AM

Dennis Miller:
takes way more time than the previous version

Doing what, specifically? <edit>Also, if you're currently downloading bookings that will slow the app down. Once the books have downloaded you should notice an improvement.</edit>

Dennis Miller:
Also, how do you delete a downloaded resource that keeps trying to update but is no longer on the device. (Bible Knowledge Commentary).

Good question. Don't know, sorry.

Dennis Miller:
I'm actually quite tired of the broken promise that all of our library resources would be available on our mobile devices.

I'm not aware this was ever promised. Logos is entirely in the hands of the publishers on this one. If they refuse to give permission, I'm not sure what Logos can do. If there's a resource you miss, I'd contact the publishers if I was you.

Posts 1368
PL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 8 2010 5:14 AM

Dave Dunkin:

Known Issues

• Downloading very large books, e.g. ESV Study Bible, on devices other than iPhone 4 may cause the app to crash

I suppose there is not a fix to this problem until the next release?  The Holman Bible Atlas crashes every time after 10 minutes of downloading.

Dave Dunkin:

• If your primary Bible has been downloaded, but not updated for version 1.5, Bible reference popups will not display correctly
  • I don't quite understand this one.  My primary Bible is CUV (Chinese Union Version).  The CUV itself displays beautifully (thanks!) but Bible reference popups are still using the old larger font and the sentences are still cut off because of incorrect formatting.  I have the iPad, am on iOS 4.2.1, and Logos 1.5.  What else do I have to do to get my Bible reference popups to display correctly in Chinese?

Thanks!

Peter

p.s. The painful re-downloads of 460+ books finally finished last night.

Posts 13397
    Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 8 2010 5:15 AM

Peter Li:

Dave Dunkin:

• If your primary Bible has been downloaded, but not updated for version 1.5, Bible reference popups will not display correctly
  • I don't quite understand this one

This referred to non-updated Bibles displaying a null error. It's a separate issue to yours, which I guess is a bug.

Posts 111
    Colin A Wright | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 8 2010 5:43 AM

Dave - maybe I ave missed this, but is it possible to do a clean install of the Logos App on Ipad - removing all downloaded volumes to start again. I have 1600 books downloaded - now with better of idea for using (invaluable) I could remove the books and reinstal, say 100: I need a quick and easy method ... can it be  done?

Colin Wright

Posts 13397
    Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 8 2010 5:59 AM

Colin A Wright:
    Dave - maybe I ave missed this, but is it possible to do a clean install of the Logos App on Ipad

Just completely uninstall the app, then re-install it. To do this, press and hold on the icon, until the icons start jumping around. Then press the X to delete.

Posts 111
    Colin A Wright | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 8 2010 6:06 AM

Thanks for that - I thot that would remove just the app and not the books. great and thank you!

Posts 273
    Rev. Kelly Todd | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 8 2010 7:22 AM

Colin, I believe that the easy way would be to have a collection set up on the desktop and let the app find it and then sync it to your device.  I have advocated this for a while now, but have never heard any one else think that this would be a good idea.  Many want all of their books on the device, however, I like you have found that this is not needed... I hope that Dave will be able to help us out on this one in the very near future!

Posts 13397
    Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 8 2010 9:19 AM

Kelly Todd:
    I have advocated this for a while now, but have never heard any one else think that this would be a good idea.

I back you! It would be much easier than click the little slider on a few hundred resources.

Posts 37
    Brent Daniel | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 8 2010 9:39 AM

Mark Barnes:

Kelly Todd:
    I have advocated this for a while now, but have never heard any one else think that this would be a good idea.

I back you! It would be much easier than click the little slider on a few hundred resources.

Me too.

Posts 978
    LogosEmployee
    Dave Dunkin (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 8 2010 10:04 AM

Dennis Miller:
    how do you delete a downloaded resource that keeps trying to update but is no longer on the device. (Bible Knowledge Commentary)

This is a particularly unusual situation with the BKC. Try this:

1. Put the device into airplane mode
    2. In Logos, find the book in the Library
    3. In the book info view, flip the switch to off
    4. Turn off airplane mode

Posts 218
    Dennis Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 8 2010 10:05 AM

If the publishers have already given their permission for me to be able to purchase and download to my computer what is the issue with that same resource being available on my mobile device. Maybe Logos could come up with a way for us to copy the resource from our computers to the mobile devices for our use.

Posts 13397
    Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 8 2010 10:40 AM

Dennis Miller:
    If the publishers have already given their permission for me to be able to purchase and download to my computer what is the issue with that same resource being available on my mobile device. Maybe Logos could come up with a way for us to copy the resource from our computers to the mobile devices for our use.

Common sense agrees with you, but the publishers and the law don't. The licence you had when you purchased the resource was a licence for it to be used on a desktop computer only. The fact that it can be copied from a desktop to a handheld device unfortunately is irrelevant. The problem is not the technology (easy to solve), but the publishers.

Posts 273
    Rev. Kelly Todd | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 8 2010 11:19 AM

That has been my point all along, and it would also make it easy to change the books as well!

Posts 446
    Jonathan Sine | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 8 2010 11:22 AM

Kelly Todd:
    I believe that the easy way would be to have a collection set up on the desktop and let the app find it and then sync it to your device.

I'm with you. Great idea!

Jonathan Sine

Pastor - Squamish Baptist Church

2 Cor. 4.6

Posts 273
    Rev. Kelly Todd | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 8 2010 11:39 AM

Jonathan, now to get the team at Logos to agree! LOL

Posts 2
    Rob Tartaglia | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 8 2010 2:45 PM

Cannot get my Bible Reading Plan to sync with my iPad with 1.5.0.

Using NASB95 Bible. Tried deleting plans, re-adding, deleting the app, re-signing in, hitting the sync button on the computer-- all to no avail.

This is very frustrating since I do almost all my devotional reading on my iPad. Anyone else having this issue??? Any ideas on resolving would be much appreciated!

Posts 13397
    Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 8 2010 4:07 PM

How long have you waited? The Logos servers are apparently rather overloaded at the moment, and syncing reading plans in taking a while.

Page 2 of 3 (60 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS