Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 1216
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Dec 7 2010 10:49 AM

Ok, I went to wiki, http://wiki.logos.com/LE_Resources_for_Logos_3, and clicked the platinum link and the Libronix Update starts like it should. Three times I have tried today and it gets to the Lexham Greek-English Interlinear Septuagint and freezes. It says error code 7: failed to download file. It is trying to read ftp://ftp.logos.com/lbxbooks/updated/LLXXI.lbxlls. This file is up a level in the lbxbooks folder. So, it freezes and I cannot update L3 with my L4 resources unless I want to do it manually which would take more time than I am willing to give. Can someone look into this and fix it please? Thanks.

Matt

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 7 2010 11:14 AM

Matthew Hamrick:

Ok, I went to wiki, http://wiki.logos.com/LE_Resources_for_Logos_3, and clicked the platinum link and the Libronix Update starts like it should. Three times I have tried today and it gets to the Lexham Greek-English Interlinear Septuagint and freezes. It says error code 7: failed to download file. It is trying to read ftp://ftp.logos.com/lbxbooks/updated/LLXXI.lbxlls. This file is up a level in the lbxbooks folder. So, it freezes and I cannot update L3 with my L4 resources unless I want to do it manually which would take more time than I am willing to give. Can someone look into this and fix it please? Thanks.

Matt

I can't explain why this happens.  There are resources in L4 which cannot be used in L3, but I don't think that is your problem since they would presumably include only those resources which are compatible.  If you are having a problem with just one file, you might try unchecking that file before you actually initiate the update.  If you wish to add that file later, you can download it individually from the ftp site.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 7 2010 11:22 AM

Matthew Hamrick:
Can someone look into this and fix it please?

the link you are clicking on is located on the Logos server. So you may need to contact Customer Support. The wiki page that you went to just consists of links to the Logos server.

QLinks, Bibl2, LLR, Macros
Dell Insp 17-5748, i5, 1.7 GHz, 8G RAM, win 8.1

Posts 9519
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 7 2010 12:00 PM

Matt,

A number of us had these issues quite some time ago when the links were first shared. I had to get around it by noting where it crashed, then rerunning but unchecking the bad file. I think I had to do this with only one file. After I did this I ran update again and brought in the single file successfully.

If you go this route, empty your Internet bowser's cache first just to be sure you don't get a restart rather than a full download.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 1216
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 7 2010 12:12 PM

Thanks George, Steve, and Mark. It worked like a charm. I just unchecked the file and everything else worked. I'll get the file manually later. Thanks again, problem solved.

Matt

Posts 17
Doug Wesney | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 8 2010 4:00 AM

Mark, et al, I'm having a problem similar to Matt's, but with Silver.  I purged my temp IE folder & even cookies, it hangs on LXXII (but I don't see the Lexham Interlinear as an option to UNcheck in the list).  So I went to the update page and just tried doing a few at a time.  I was able to update the first few dozen I checked off, yet each subsequent attempt at the next iteration of a handful of checks gets greeted with "Successful Update" only to see the files aren't in my Library.  When I go to fire off the resource update, all the items I had "successfully" updated are back in there as options.  Cookies & cache are purged on each attempt.  Help??

Posts 9519
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 8 2010 7:11 AM

Doug, in Windows 7 (and as I recall Vista) there is a downloads folder under C:\Users\{User Name}. Can you check that to see if your downloaded files are there? If they are all you would need to do is move them to your Libronix Resources folder, restart Libronix, and let it discover them there.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 17
Doug Wesney | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 8 2010 3:37 PM

No luck.  The only files in there are things I've downloaded & deliberately directed there.  I'm going to try again shortly since I did a full shutdown & restart after returning home from work.

Posts 17
Doug Wesney | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 8 2010 6:54 PM

Weird.  And just like that, I can download in bunches again.  I'll wait to do the Lexhams last (they were filed under "The Lexham...").  Go figure.

Thank you, Mark!  Grace and Peace, especially in this Blessed Advent season!

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS