Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 161
Michael Hatcher | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Dec 7 2010 2:48 PM | Locked

I had a layout open, opened the library and then was going to open a book in a floating window and the program crashed. (I tried it again and it worked fine.) However, here are the logs just in case.

2402.Archive.zip

Michael Hatcher

visit: www.bellviewcoc.com

iMac 2.8 GHz i7 quad core, 8 GB Ram, 1 TB HD

Posts 1861
LogosEmployee
Tom Philpot (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 8 2010 8:23 PM | Locked

Michael Hatcher:

I had a layout open, opened the library and then was going to open a book in a floating window and the program crashed. (I tried it again and it worked fine.) However, here are the logs just in case.

2402.Archive.zip

The crash was due to an OutOfMemoryException which means that it most likely wouldn't happen on restart. Had you had the program running a while? What types of things where you doing? Perhaps that can lead us to investigate why we were leaking memory.

Mobile Development Team Lead

Posts 529
Bob Deacon | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 9 2010 4:34 AM | Locked

Absolutely unusable for me. I tried to follow the instructions in order to send logs but that also crashed. Nothing else crashes on my box except L4. It worked fine until I installed the latest beta now the home page will come up but selecting a layout crashes it so I tried using the "go to" function and just inserted a Scripture verse but that also crashed. I am dead in the water with L4.

Bob

Bob Deacon

Dell Inspiron, Windows 10 Latest Update

Surface Pro 6

MacBook Air (2017) Catalina

Ipad Air 2 (ios 8.2.1)

Motorola G6 Play (android 8.3.1)

Posts 128
Levi D. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 9 2010 5:07 AM | Locked

Bob,

Have you tried using the Logos Log Scribe to create logs? It can be found here: http://community.logos.com/forums/p/25043/185736.aspx#185736. It makes putting together a log file much easier.

BTW: what crashed when you tried sending the logs?

Grace be to you.

Levi

I spent most of my time in thinking of divine things, year after year; often walking alone in the woods and solitary places for meditation, soliloquy and prayer - Jonathan Edwards

Posts 161
Michael Hatcher | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 9 2010 6:17 AM | Locked

Tom,

At this point I do not remember a lot of the details (sorry), but from the time I submitted the logs the program would have been open 7-8 hours. I would have changed layouts maybe 1 or 2 times (doubt it would have been any more than that). Since that day my time was primarily spent in writing a review of a book (not found in Logos) my primary use of Logos would have been going to different passages and doing a copy and paste into Word (I have found that doing a copy and paste is easier for me than trying to set up the copy Bible verses---which on some things I have never been able to get it to work like I want it to). Toward the end of that day, I would have changed layouts to start work on an outline of one of the Psalms. Wish I could give you more specifics but hope that helps some.

Michael Hatcher

visit: www.bellviewcoc.com

iMac 2.8 GHz i7 quad core, 8 GB Ram, 1 TB HD

Posts 529
Bob Deacon | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 9 2010 7:38 AM | Locked

The first time I tried to open a layout.  The next time I was merely trying to study a particular passage (using the "go to").

Bob Deacon

Surface Pro 6

Ipad Air 2 (ios 8.2.1)

Posts 529
Bob Deacon | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 9 2010 7:44 AM | Locked

5444.LogosLogs Robert Deacon 20101209-103720.gzHere are the logs created with the link. Thanks for all the help BTW.

Bob Deacon

Surface Pro 6

Ipad Air 2 (ios 8.2.1)

Posts 529
Bob Deacon | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 10 2010 7:57 AM | Locked

I need to provide an update to this problem. I probably used a wrong term earlier in describing the problem. I used the term crashed when may be the wrong term. Typically when a program crashes you get a dialog  box that informs you that a program crashed and a report would be sent to Apple. That IS NOT what happens in my case. The program simply quits. No warning, no dialog boxes it simply quits. I have found that this usually happens after the home page comes up and usually when I select a layout. The layout will display and shortly after it displays the programs quits. It happened once when I entered a Scripture verse in the passage guide "go to" box. The material displayed and then quit. 

Bob

Bob Deacon

Surface Pro 6

Ipad Air 2 (ios 8.2.1)

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS