Adding new eBook in Logos 4 - Mac

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1
Lysandra | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Dec 8 2010 9:25 PM

I'm using the Logos 4 minimal crossgrade (no base package) with various eBook collections. I can't find how to add a new resource when I have a physical DVD, not a download as the Help instructions outline. Anyone know how to get my eBook collection into my library?

Posts 45
Jesse Frame | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 9 2010 2:45 AM

if by "ebook" you mean a non-Logos digital book, then the answer is you cannot. Logos does not support any format that is not a native book - that is, no pdf's, no ebooks, etc.

if by "ebook" you mean a logos book that is on physical media, such as a purchased commentary set or anything else from logos that you bought, then you will probably have to contact customer service. I ran into the same problem when i recently tried to install my IVP Reference Library from its CD.

a bit of an inconvenience, but it took less than 5 minutes to get it fixed.

good luck.

Jesse FrameNew Mission Systems International, Australia

Posts 1875
Alan Macgregor | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 9 2010 4:18 AM

I presume that you had Libronix/Logos 3 or Logos for Mac 1, since you now have a crossgrade. If that is the case, then if the resources were installed on L3 or LfM1, all you should have to do is synchronise your licences in the original programme (See screenshot for LfM1, Libronix is similar.)

Then, close the program.

Launch L4Mac and it should download the resources which you have licences for. (It might need a little nudge. Just enter Update resources in the command bar. See screenshot)

If the above does not work then call Customer Services and ask them to unlock your resources. They'll need your activation code for the DVD.

Every blessing

Alan

iMac Retina 5K, 27": 3.6GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9; 16GB RAM;MacOS 10.15.5; 1TB SSD; Logos 8

MacBook Air 13.3": 1.8GHz; 4GB RAM; MacOS 10.13.6; 256GB SSD; Logos 8

iPad Pro 32GB WiFi iOS 13.5.1

iPhone 8+ 64GB iOS 13.5.1

Posts 53
Ryan Schildroth | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 9 2010 7:15 AM

Jesse and Alan are correct. However, I have found that email is almost as quick as the phone call and often more convenient. Just email your unlock code and a helpful customer service rep will take care of the rest and let you know when to "Update Resources" and download your materials. 

I was able to unlock my John MacArthur Lifeworks library in this way. 

MacBook Pro (Late 2011) | 2.3 GHz Core i5 | 1TB HD | 8GB RAM | 10.12 Sierra | Scholar's Library +

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS