Several functions don't work in notes

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 306
Hans van den Herik | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Dec 9 2010 5:58 AM | Locked

I don't know if this is a known issue, but several functions don't work in notes: Small caps; Superscript and Subscript. I use them very rarely, so I don't know how long this problem exists. But in 4.2 and 4.2a (beta 1) this "problem" exists on my computer.

Hans

Posts 81
Daniel R. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 9 2010 6:33 AM | Locked

Same here. The bold and italics are working though.

May the Lord bless you and keep you.

Posts 24894
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 9 2010 7:04 AM | Locked

Hi

If you select some text in a note and then try to apply these formatting options do they work?

If you select any of these options in a note which already has text in and then start typing do the formatting options hold?

What seems to be happening is that if you have an empty note and try and apply these settings before typing, the act of typing seems to reset them (at least, that's what I'm observing here)

Graham

Posts 1680
Jerry M | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 9 2010 7:07 AM | Locked

Graham Criddle:

Hi

If you select some text in a note and then try to apply these formatting options do they work?

If you select any of these options in a note which already has text in and then start typing do the formatting options hold?

What seems to be happening is that if you have an empty note and try and apply these settings before typing, the act of typing seems to reset them (at least, that's what I'm observing here)

Graham

Perhaps not in Mac, but I'm not sure.

"For the kingdom of God does not consist in words but in power"      Wiki Table of Contents

Posts 9136
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 9 2010 7:34 AM | Locked

A.J. van den Herik:

I don't know if this is a known issue, but several functions don't work in notes: Small caps; Superscript and Subscript. I use them very rarely, so I don't know how long this problem exists. But in 4.2 and 4.2a (beta 1) this "problem" exists on my computer.

The WPF editor we use for Notes only displays these typographical variants for fonts that natively support them with OpenType features. (Most word processors just simulate these features instead of displaying them as directed by the font; unfortunately the Notes editor doesn't support simulation as a fallback.)

If you use the "Default" font, Palatino Linotype, or another font that supports OpenType, you will see small caps, etc.

Posts 24894
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 9 2010 7:37 AM | Locked

Bradley

Are you able to confirm / deny my observation that if you start typing into an empty note with these formatting features set, the formatting features are reset?

I am doing this with the Default font

Graham

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 9 2010 7:54 AM | Locked

Graham Criddle:

Bradley

Are you able to confirm / deny my observation that if you start typing into an empty note with these formatting features set, the formatting features are reset?

I am doing this with the Default font

Graham

If I set the superscript, subscript, etc. before I start typing in a new note, once I start typing those formatting features are enabled. With superscript and subscript, the first letter will be normal and subsequent letters are formatted accordingly.

Posts 24894
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 9 2010 8:08 AM | Locked

Thanks Melissa - I am seeing something slightly different

I created a new note in a new notesfile and set the Bold and Small Caps option as below:

i typed a single character in the content field and the settings were not applied and reset:

If I then clear this field and set the attributes again they are honoured when I start typing.

So it seems to be a very "edge" condition just relating to first text entry into a new note, not just text entry into an empty note which had previously had something in!

Anyone else see the same thing?

Graham

Posts 306
Hans van den Herik | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 9 2010 8:13 AM | Locked

Bradley

Thanks for answering. My  selection of another font ( "Tahoma 12') a couple of weeks ago in "General Settings" was indeed the cause of the problem. I thought is was a bug!

Thanks for answering qo quickly. I am very content about Logos 4, esp. the print/export function is magnificent. The folk of Logos is doing a good job!

Hans

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS