highlighting

Page 1 of 1 (16 items)
This post has 15 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 2
Brandie J Martin | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Dec 9 2010 8:44 AM

It would be awesome if we could create our own highlight templates using the provided highlights.   

Posts 2197
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 9 2010 8:48 AM

If you right mouse click on a palette you can duplicate it and then rename and edit... Does this accomplish your goal?

Posts 17
Jack H. Hughes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 31 2011 7:04 AM

Is there a way to take your favorite Highlighting features from the various highlighting groups and turn them into your own custom highlighting pallet? I can get the category made but can't figure out how to get my favorites from other groups into my pallet.

Jack

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 31 2011 7:30 AM

If you create a new palette you need to re-create your favorite styles within it. Currently, I know of no way to re-assign style from the default palettes to a custom one.

See wiki.logos.com/Highlighting for more details about how to customize styles.

Posts 291
Kaye Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 31 2011 11:02 AM

Since we're talking about highlighting enhancements I wish we could reuse custom images.  I would think they would show up on the image selection pop-up when creating subsequent styles but they don't.  I can duplicate within a palette and make changes but I want to use the same image across palettes and I can't.

Kaye

"But you, be sober in all things, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry."  2 Timothy 4:5 (NASB)

Posts 294
Debra W Bouey | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 31 2011 11:07 AM

It can be both time-consuming and a tad frustrating, I know. What I've finally settled on for now is creating a "master" custom Highlight palette. I then copy and rename that palette as needed. Then I set about deleting the styles I don't need for the newly duplicated and renamed palette. It can be a pain, but less time-consuming for me than manually recreating a new Palette from scratch.

Lenovo P72: Intel 8th Gen i7-8750H 6-core, 32GB RAM, 2TB HDD + 1TB Sata SSD, 17.3" FHD 1920x1080, NVIDIA Quadro P600 4GB, Win 10 Pro

Posts 1631
Allen Browne | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 31 2011 6:15 PM

Brandie J Martin:
It would be awesome if we could create our own highlight templates using the provided highlights.

FWIW, what I did was to assign a letter to the highlights I use regularly, and then just select text and press the letter rather than using the hightlight window any more.

You know: G for green, Y for yellow, D for double-underline, and so on.

Posts 12
Donna Groskopf | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 20 2012 6:32 PM

I've been making a few palettes with the images you all have put in there, but is there a way to add my own drawings for my palettes? It's not that your images aren't good enough, they sometimes aren't dark enough or big enough for anyone to tell what they are if they were to use them by borrowing them from me.

Posts 27554
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 20 2012 6:36 PM

Donna- its my understanding that you can... But I have not done so and don't have my computer with me at the moment. It might be better for you to create a new thread with a more informative subject line... This thread is VERY old.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1880
Philana Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 20 2012 6:42 PM

Donna Groskopf:

I've been making a few palettes with the images you all have put in there, but is there a way to add my own drawings for my palettes? It's not that your images aren't good enough, they sometimes aren't dark enough or big enough for anyone to tell what they are if they were to use them by borrowing them from me.

Donna you can. What you need to do is when you go to use one of Logos images when create a style, at the bottom of Logos' images should be the option to add your own images. These will also sync to mobile devices.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 20 2012 7:48 PM

Donna Groskopf:
I've been making a few palettes with the images you all have put in there, but is there a way to add my own drawings for my palettes?

Yes, when editing a style, can click on image, then choose a file, which can be PNG or JPG.

A visual filter can use highlighting style with custom image.  Searching for icon websites finds a number of icon (small images), which could be used.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 33
Jimmy Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 25 2013 8:44 PM

Thanks very much.  That didn't take long at all.

Posts 33
Jimmy Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 31 2013 5:58 PM

I did create a second Master list of highlight tools and then deleted the ones I did not use.  I was so happy with myself and took off marking new highlights in the commentarry I was working in.  But, when I looked at the same book on another computer or on my iPad all of the highlights were in yellow even though I had made them other colors.  So, no, this did not work for me after all.

Posts 27554
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 3 2013 9:02 AM
Jimmy - what is the currant version of Logos are you using? Also, is there a reason you have yet to update to the free L5 engine?

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 33
Jimmy Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 3 2013 2:45 PM

Oops, I posted my comment in a L4 forum instead of L5  My bad.

Posts 3
Ernest Tuff | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 29 2013 2:04 AM

If you go to “Miscellaneous” highlighting and click on the right side of the small pane it will open up giving you a menu to choose from. Choose “Add a new style” another menu will appear with the word ‘Untitled’ at the top type in there the name you want for your new highlight then click on “Font Styling” then if wanted any of the other to customise your own unique highlighter.

Ernest

Page 1 of 1 (16 items) | RSS