Daily Devotional

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 19
Garfield Joseph | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Dec 10 2010 3:40 AM

My Problem:

I have a set of Daily Devotional in my Library.  Whenever I open a daily devotional for example "Morning and Evening" by Spurgeon it opens write to the date to give me today's reading.   However I do have other Calendar Devotional as listed in my library.  For example, "My Life Today"  by Ellen G White.  Whenever I open this devotional it does not take me to the Date or reading for today like the Spurgeon Devotional does.  

My Question:

Is there a way for me to force this devotional to open to today's reading based on today's date?   ( I have several devotional books by Ellen G white but cannot get use of them as they never open to today's date).  Any help will be highly appreciated. 

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 10 2010 4:23 AM

I didn't have books by Ellen White in my library so I did some digging. It looks to me like her books were produced by a third party; I say this because it looks like they are only available in a boxed set on the Logos web site.

This probably means that they aren't built/compiled to be able to correctly to open to the current date in Logos 4. You might want to drop customer service a line to see if there is a known solution or if these resources could be put in some queue for fixing.

Posts 3917
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 10 2010 5:42 AM

that would be customerservice@logos.com

I think Kevin is accurate: it just wasn't tagged for that. 

On the flip side, if you keep up with your reading every day, your book will always open where you left off . . . :)

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 8662
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 10 2010 6:09 AM

Any book will open to where you last closed it if..... you drag the link from the library to your toolbar and click it.  

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 3917
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 10 2010 6:11 AM

Thomas Black:

Any book will open to where you last closed it if..... you drag the link from the library to your toolbar and click it.  

it does anyway, doesn't it, Thomas?  But what I like about yours is that it makes the devotional use easy and not dependent on what layout it is in.

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 8662
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 10 2010 6:59 AM

Dan DeVilder:

Thomas Black:

it does anyway, doesn't it, Thomas?

Well... maybe. Much earlier (maybe during closed beta?) I had books that would open to different places depending on how I opened them.  Or my memory is worse than normal in which case... move along nothing to see here, just a poor befuddled middle aged guy.

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS