Exporting Charts

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 49
Jim Oesterwind | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Dec 10 2010 3:05 PM

How can I export the chart under Revelation 3.13 to PowerPoint in the Bible Knowledge Commentary?  I cannot select it like I can maps in the same resource.  Those maps are easy to export.  Does this need to be manually done?

Thanks in advance for anyone willing to help.

Jim

Jim Oesterwind

Heritage Baptist Church

Antioch, CA

www.heritageantioch.com

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 10 2010 3:40 PM

Since charts are very tricky, this is one work-around.  (click on an image to have browser zoomin)

Use Print/Export (select enough on the left to see the chart).
Then Export it to Word (see lower right box in window)

Once in Word, adjust Table & text to optimize to fit on a single page.

Then in Word choose View->Full Screen (from menu bar) to have Word show it full screen.
Once it is viewed you can capture the image (picture) [use keyboard Print Scrn]

Now that you have the image in the clipboard. Paste it into a graphic editor (i use Paint.Net which is free off the web in Cnet). You will want to crop it to just the chart. Then copy it to the clipboard.

Then paste that into Power Point and size to fit a slide.

Here is the PowerPoint file:  7043.Rev 3-13 chart.ppt

EDIT: removed spell checking red lines, here it is again: 4135.Rev 3-13 chart.ppt

QLinks, Bibl2, LLR, Macros
Dell Insp 17-5748, i5, 1.7 GHz, 8G RAM, win 8.1

Posts 19280
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 10 2010 3:50 PM

Jim Oesterwind:

I cannot select it like I can maps in the same resource. 

Yes you can. Here's a shortcut to what Steve showed you:

1) Start dragging a selection in the table from the beginning of "THE LETTERS..." -- no need to go very far, this is just to mark where the beginning of the selection will be.

2) Now using the mouse in the scroll bar (click below the scroll thumb) scroll down so you can see the end of the table in the window.

3) Hold down the Shift key and click somewhere in the white space at the end of the bottom right table cell.

The whole table will be selected, and nothing but the table. Now you can copy it (Ctrl+C) and paste into Word and continue with Steve's instructions to fix up the formatting so it will fit into PowerPoint.

Posts 49
Jim Oesterwind | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 10 2010 4:17 PM

Hi, Steve and Rosie.  Worked great.  I had never heard of Paint.Net.  That was an added bonus.  Thanks so much!

Jim

Jim Oesterwind

Heritage Baptist Church

Antioch, CA

www.heritageantioch.com

Posts 42
JM | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 11 2010 7:35 PM

Steve,

When I go to paste the table into Word 2007, I lose the table formatting.  The table is pasted but I lose the lines...Only the text is pasted, but not any of the lines.  Do I have to reconstruct the table?  Or am I missing a step?

Posts 19280
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 11 2010 7:48 PM

JM:

Steve,

When I go to paste the table into Word 2007, I lose the table formatting.  The table is pasted but I lose the lines...Only the text is pasted, but not any of the lines.  Do I have to reconstruct the table?  Or am I missing a step?

The lines never get pasted in. But you can see where the cell boundaries are by turning on gridlines:

Those aren't actual borders that will print, though. They're just guidelines to show you were the cell boundaries are on the screen. If you want real borders, click in the table somewhere, drop down the Borders menu from the Table Tools > Design tab, click "Borders and Shading" at the bottom of the menu and then select "All" and click OK. You'll be glad you did.

EDIT: You can also adjust the border style, color, and width.

Posts 42
JM | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 11 2010 8:10 PM

Rosie Perera:
If you want real borders, click in the table somewhere, drop down the Borders menu from the Table Tools > Design tab, click "Borders and Shading" at the bottom of the menu and then select "All" and click OK. You'll be glad you did.

Very cool, Rosie!  Thanks.  You're the best!  Wink

Posts 71
Paul Buckhiester | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 12 2010 1:22 PM

I just paste straight from Word to PowerPoint

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS