Community pricing

Page 1 of 2 (25 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 24 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 16
Barry Stewart | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Dec 13 2010 5:51 AM

I have placed my first bid on an item in CP.  I've been watching the forums daily to see what is available for several months now.  I realized that I may be missing out by just watching the forums, so I decided to set a tab in my browser to take me to the CP page on Logos.com.

As I searched for the right page, I did notice a post, actually several posts, bemoaning the lack of participation in the program.

Now that I have tried to find the right page, I think I know part of the reason.  I knew what I was looking for and it still took me 15 minutes to get what I wanted.

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 13 2010 6:35 AM

Barry Stewart:

I have placed my first bid on an item in CP.  I've been watching the forums daily to see what is available for several months now.  I realized that I may be missing out by just watching the forums, so I decided to set a tab in my browser to take me to the CP page on Logos.com.

As I searched for the right page, I did notice a post, actually several posts, bemoaning the lack of participation in the program.

Now that I have tried to find the right page, I think I know part of the reason.  I knew what I was looking for and it still took me 15 minutes to get what I wanted.

That is the result of the new web layout.  there used to be a link on the prepub page to the community pricing page.  I don't recall whether there previously was a link on the home page to the prepub page though I rather imagine there was.  It is now possible to get to the prepub page, but not from the prepub to community pricing.  I've noticed the problem myself.  Fortunately, for me, I find that some of the old links still work though they are possibly being redirected.  Some like the new web design, but I have to admit that although it has a fresh look it isn't quite as easy to navigate as the old one.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 1374
nicky crane | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 13 2010 6:41 AM

I have to admit,despite initial protests, that I now like th4e new website and find it easier and quicker to use.  Homepage->pruducts->CP_/Prepub etc.  You can move, e.g from prepubs to CP (or vice versa) by hovering over the products page and then clicking Cp or whatever you want.  So it's one hover and one click away.

Posts 19270
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 13 2010 6:47 AM

Everything is available from the menus, and the menus are available wherever you are on the site:

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 13 2010 7:16 AM

I admit I have a hard time understanding how it could take you 15 minutes when you knew about it, since it's right there under Products on the Home Page:

On the main Product page, you'll find it both on the main part of the page, and under Status in the left column (and the individual CPs will show up under Specials as well):

I believe (though I may remember incorrectly) I have also at times seen it among the 'flashes' first on the Home Page, though it isn't there at the moment. 

I have, however, suggested that Specials ought to be at the top of the left column, and I was a bit shocked to find right now that a search for "Community Pricing" doesn't bring up the CP page. With quotes it brings up a list of, admittedly relevant, articles. Without quotes it just brings up a list of resources, none (!) of which is an actual CP; they just happen to have the words 'price', 'community' or 'communities' in the text describing them. That certainly seems to be something that ought to be rectified quickly. 

And don't miss that you can click 'Customize' on your Logos Home Page and check Logos Community Pricing:

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 171
Abi Gail | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 13 2010 7:59 AM

Do You use a Mac? ... That could explain it. Stick out tongue

~

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 13 2010 8:21 AM

fgh:

I admit I have a hard time understanding how it could take you 15 minutes when you knew about it, since it's right there under Products on the Home Page:

I'm not the one who took 15 minutes to find it.  I simply used the old URL.  The probable reason there might have been a problem locating the page for someone unfamiliar with the old page might be that on the old menu "Products" linked to the various product sets such as "Original Languages", "Scholar's", etc. and didn't have a link to prepubs and CP.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 10831
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 13 2010 8:35 AM

Abi Gail:

Do You use a Mac? ... That could explain it. Stick out tongue

Never had a problem finding anything on the Logos website—new or old.

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 13 2010 8:58 AM

Just out of curiosity I used the old URL to go to the CP page, checked the URL in the address bar and found that the old URL is the new URL -- hasn't changed (no redirection).

george
gfsomsel

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 13 2010 10:36 AM

Jack Caviness:

I had immense problems finding just about anything (except Community Pricing...) 3 months ago when I was new. I literally spent days looking for the simplest things. I quickly found the only way to find things was to simply click on every single link I came across, and learn things in the order they happened to turn up, rather than in the order I would have wanted to find them. It took oceans of time.

Try looking for Swedish Bibles, and then tell me how long it took you to find what's there.

Or imagine you don't know anything about American VAT, and need to find out if VAT is included in the prices, if it is added, how much it is, and if it can be refunded for customers outside the US.

Or simply try to find out what shipping costs.

Now, let's see how long it'll take you to get me the links for that info. Smile

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 13 2010 11:01 AM

fgh:

Jack Caviness:

I had immense problems finding just about anything (except Community Pricing...) 3 months ago when I was new. I literally spent days looking for the simplest things. I quickly found the only way to find things was to simply click on every single link I came across, and learn things in the order they happened to turn up, rather than in the order I would have wanted to find them. It took oceans of time.

Try looking for Swedish Bibles, and then tell me how long it took you to find what's there.

Or imagine you don't know anything about American VAT, and need to find out if VAT is included in the prices, if it is added, how much it is, and if it can be refunded for customers outside the US.

Or simply try to find out what shipping costs.

Are you sure you wouldn't rather have a Maori bible?

george
gfsomsel

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 13 2010 11:13 AM

George Somsel:
Are you sure you wouldn't rather have a Maori bible?

Well, they're definitely easier to find, but unfortunately I don't read Maori... Smile

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 10831
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 13 2010 11:36 AM

fgh:

Jack Caviness:

I had immense problems finding just about anything (except Community Pricing...)…

I'm not quite sure why you are upset with me. I was responding to Abi Gail's remark that difficulty in finding information on the website was somehow due to the use of the Mac OS. . If you look at my post, I quoted the his remark. I use a Mac—as most regulars on the forums seem to know—and I have not had difficulty using the Logos website. I am sorry that you have, and I hope that your issues are resolved in a satisfactory manner.

fgh:

Now, that would be an area in which I would be certain to have a problem. 

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 13 2010 12:04 PM

Jack Caviness:
I'm not quite sure why you are upset with me.

I wasn't the least bit upset with you. I'm glad if you can find what you need. Just reporting another experience. And Macs have nothing to do with it. Lots of very very basic information simply isn't there on the website. Or is buried so deeply that it's impossible to find. 

And why should you have a problem locating a Swedish Bible, if the website included what it should? As indicated above there is no problem whatsoever locating a Maori one. 

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 13 2010 1:00 PM

fgh:

Jack Caviness:
I'm not quite sure why you are upset with me.

I wasn't the least bit upset with you. I'm glad if you can find what you need. Just reporting another experience. And Macs have nothing to do with it. Lots of very very basic information simply isn't there on the website. Or is buried so deeply that it's impossible to find. 

And why should you have a problem locating a Swedish Bible, if the website included what it should? As indicated above there is no problem whatsoever locating a Maori one. 

BTW:  I would think they would have a Swedish bible, but I didn't find one immediately and had no inclination to search for something I wouldn't buy in any case (no, I don't collect bibles in languages I don't read).  Is there a Swedish bible in Logos? 

george
gfsomsel

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 13 2010 2:27 PM

George Somsel:
Is there a Swedish bible in Logos? 

There's a whole bunch of Swedish Bibles in Logos format -- possibly more than in any language other than English and Greek -- but if you can find that out from the website, you're a genius! They're produced and sold by a Swedish partner, and the only hint of it to be found on logos.com is this page: http://www.logos.com/se, which I bet you'd never find unless you already knew it was there. Even finding out about the Swedish interface is easier than finding out about the Swedish Bibles...

Now, if I'd been to university recently, I'm sure I would have known about this Swedish seller, but since I haven't been for nearly 20 years, and live rather isolated, I didn't have a clue. The only reason I found these Swedish Bibles is because, quite by accident, I happened to come across a thread here on the forums where someone asked for Eusebius Church History outside of a bundle, and someone else jestingly suggested the Swedish translation, which is sold separately. I'm pretty sure that was of no help whatsoever to the questioner, but to me that link was of tremendous help! Without it I probably would have been on Accordance right now... Unlike Logos, they don't have the Bible I want, but they do let people know about the few Swedish Bibles they do have.

What sense does it make to have the best Swedish Bible collection out there, and then not let potential Swedish customers know about it???

Here they are, btw, the Swedish Bibles: http://www.libronix.se/index.php?id=4&visa_kaid=2.

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 997
David Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 13 2010 3:06 PM

fgh:

American VAT? When did congress slip that one in may I ask? Wink

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 13 2010 3:15 PM

David Carter:

fgh:

Fortunately, not yet.  Hopefully never.  We're already over-taxed.

george
gfsomsel

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 13 2010 3:17 PM

fgh:

George Somsel:
Is there a Swedish bible in Logos? 

There's a whole bunch of Swedish Bibles in Logos format -- possibly more than in any language other than English and Greek -- but if you can find that out from the website, you're a genius! They're produced and sold by a Swedish partner, and the only hint of it to be found on logos.com is this page: http://www.logos.com/se, which I bet you'd never find unless you already knew it was there. Even finding out about the Swedish interface is easier than finding out about the Swedish Bibles...

Now, if I'd been to university recently, I'm sure I would have known about this Swedish seller, but since I haven't been for nearly 20 years, and live rather isolated, I didn't have a clue. The only reason I found these Swedish Bibles is because, quite by accident, I happened to come across a thread here on the forums where someone asked for Eusebius Church History outside of a bundle, and someone else jestingly suggested the Swedish translation, which is sold separately. I'm pretty sure that was of no help whatsoever to the questioner, but to me that link was of tremendous help! Without it I probably would have been on Accordance right now... Unlike Logos, they don't have the Bible I want, but they do let people know about the few Swedish Bibles they do have.

What sense does it make to have the best Swedish Bible collection out there, and then not let potential Swedish customers know about it???

Here they are, btw, the Swedish Bibles: http://www.libronix.se/index.php?id=4&visa_kaid=2.

Very interesting.  Even knowing the first URL (I didn't) you can't get there from here.  Why is it a secret?

george
gfsomsel

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 13 2010 3:31 PM

David Carter:

fgh:

And how is a non-American supposed to know that? Pretty much the first thing I want to know if I'm buying something abroad that's worth something is: "how much is the VAT, and can I get it back?".

Besides, after hours of searching the website and several e-mails, it turned out that you do have 'VAT', only you call it 'sales tax' instead, and add it on top of the advertised prices -- but fortunately I don't have to pay it! The question is why it had to take so long to find out? If you sell internationally, such things should be easy to find. As should shipping costs. 

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Page 1 of 2 (25 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS