Bug: Program will not move newly downloaded resources from downloaded folders to resources folder

Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 27 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 91
Seth Hewitt | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 22 2010 7:43 AM | Locked

Tom,

Deleted Downloaded folder

Started Logos
     Ran update resources
          Checking for updates
               No resources found

Closed & restarted Logos
     Downloaded folder replaced, but folder empty
     Ran update resources
          Checking for updates
               No updates found; Downloaded folder still empty

Logs attached.

3542.Archive.zip

Posts 91
Seth Hewitt | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 22 2010 4:13 PM | Locked

Tom,

Just on a lark decided to run the PC version this afternoon. Same problem as with Mac re: files downloading but not moving to resource folder. I duplicated the steps that you and I did with the same results; Word commentaries and NA26 are still in folders in the downloaded folder. I called Tech Support to see if they had any insight. FYI case # 65095. Beckie R, level 2 tech helped me. From what she told me this appears to be happening on both platforms.

Seth

Posts 1861
LogosEmployee
Tom Philpot (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 23 2010 8:27 AM | Locked

Seth Hewitt:

Tom,

Just on a lark decided to run the PC version this afternoon. Same problem as with Mac re: files downloading but not moving to resource folder. I duplicated the steps that you and I did with the same results; Word commentaries and NA26 are still in folders in the downloaded folder. I called Tech Support to see if they had any insight. FYI case # 65095. Beckie R, level 2 tech helped me. From what she told me this appears to be happening on both platforms.

Seth

Thanks Seth. I thought that one of the Mac devs had seen this on the Windows at one point as well.

One thing to try before you do a full reinstall, can you try deleting your Updates database: /Users/Seth/Library/Application Support/Logos4/Data/9167in6v.4lk/UpdateManager/Updates.db and restarting?

Failing that working, it seems as if doing a full reinstall might fix the issue if you've got the time/bandwidth over the next day or two, and you need your resources. I've forwarded this thread over to a Windows dev who's written most of the indexing code as it seems this is a cross platform bug in this case.

Mobile Development Team Lead

Posts 91
Seth Hewitt | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 23 2010 8:38 AM | Locked

Thanks Tom, I'll do the delete and then the reinstall if necessary. Have a wonderful Christmas. Thanks to you—and all the dev team—for your hard work this year in giving us a great product. Merry Christmas!

Seth

Posts 1861
LogosEmployee
Tom Philpot (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 23 2010 8:43 AM | Locked

Seth

I edited my original post with a possible work around for a full reinstall if you get this before you start. Merry Christmas to you and yours too!

Posts 91
Seth Hewitt | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 23 2010 8:52 AM | Locked

Saw it and edited mine, too. Deleted the updates database and restarted. It didn't find the files, so I'll do the complete reinstall. Do I just need to delete the whole installation and then install the latest beta and let it do its thing?

Merry Christmas

S

Posts 91
Seth Hewitt | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 23 2010 4:50 PM | Locked

Tom,

Downloaded the new beta 3, did a clean install and all the Word commentaries are in place along with NA26, neither of which would download before, so I don't know if the B3 fixed it or the clean install, but either way, it's all there. The Downloaded folder is empty. Thanks for all of your help!

Merry Christmas!

Seth

Posts 1861
LogosEmployee
Tom Philpot (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 23 2010 6:50 PM | Locked

Glad to hear it!

Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS