L4 update/new resource installer

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 33
Alan Olender | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Dec 28 2010 11:39 AM

I have been having the installer icon resident in my doc continuously for several days now.  When I select the installer, it quits L4, does a very brief install, sign in process and then restarts L4, BUT the installer never leaves as previously.

Is this some "bug" or am I failing to perform some function?

Posts 10826
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 28 2010 12:07 PM

Alan Olender:
Is this some "bug" or am I failing to perform some function?

When you hover your mouse over the icon, do you get a popup? (Don't click, just hover)

Posts 33
Alan Olender | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 28 2010 2:03 PM

There is no pop up.  The installer icon is in the dock vs. in the bar across the top of the screen where it usually shows up first when an update or new resource has been downloaded.

Thanks

Posts 1861
LogosEmployee
Tom Philpot (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 28 2010 2:16 PM

Does L4 tell you that it needs to install an application update or a resource update?

If it's an application update, then I'd suggest deleting L4 from your Applications folder and redownloading from http://www.logos.com/logos4mac if you're running 4.0b SR-2 (i.e. latest stable version) or from http://downloads.logos.com/LBS4/LBS4MacInstallerBeta/Logos4Mac.dmg if you're running 4.2a Beta 3 (i.e. Beta, unstable version).It could be that the disk image that downloaded was corrupt for some reason.

If it's resource updates, you'll have to upload your Indexer.log and let us have a look because something is in a bad state and it sounds like a bug.

Tom

Mobile Development Team Lead

Posts 33
Alan Olender | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 28 2010 2:47 PM

I am using: 4.0b SR-2 (4.10.4.8574).

There is no notification that an update or a resource needs to be installed.

Thanks

Posts 1861
LogosEmployee
Tom Philpot (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 28 2010 3:47 PM

Did you perchance right click on the installer icon and say "Keep in Dock" by mistake? The current icon looks exactly like the Logos 4 icon. We've updated it in the Beta so that they can be distinguished from one another. If you right click on the icon, select "Options" and uncheck "Keep in Dock" does it go away?

Mobile Development Team Lead

Posts 33
Alan Olender | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 28 2010 3:51 PM

I did not right click & select "Keep in Doc."  However, by right clicking & selecting "Remove from Doc" the icon immediately disappeared.  Seems like this is the resolution.

Thanks Tom.  You developers for Logos are doing a fantastic job. :)

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS