Resource is available in Logos 3 but not 4 - (Introduction to NT Greek) Original Word Teaching Series

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Posts 20
Jim Coakley | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Dec 31 2010 6:59 PM

I was talking with tech support today regarding a resource that I can access in Logos 3 but not Logos 4 and I was wondering if anybody else has the same issue.

The resource is

Introduction to New Testament Greek (Original Word Teaching series) by Charles D. Goodwin

http://www.logos.com/product/1065/introduction-to-new-testament-greek

I originally installed it back in 2000 in the old LLS format from a CD rom (which I still have) but which came with no serial number but loaded in just fine back then. The file was upgraded to Libronix format in 1996 [2006-03-24T03:08:17Z} and the file name is OWGREEK1.lbxlls and I am able to access this resource in Logos 3.0. I am unable, however, to access in Logos 4.0. A Level 2 tech support was able to reproduce the same problem on their computer in Bellingham so I think I am not the only one with this issue. I have tried using the "Scan " command and even copying the file directly into Logos 4 resource folder but to no avail. I realize to begin with that not many users probaly have this resource to begin with since it is not part of any set.

Two Questions

1)   is anybody else having the same issue who has rights to this resource?

2)  Are Logos programmers able to make adjustments to the resource file to make it accessible in Logos 4.0?

I know there are several potential complications with this particular resource that are probably causing this resource to be unresponsive in Logos 4:

- it goes back originally  to LLS days
- there is an audio feature to this resource which may not be compatible with Logos 4
- I don't believe it ever came with a serial number to "unlock" it like most other Logos resources
- it is a "third party" resource

I am able to access the  "The Original Word Teaching Series I Instant Expert Guide" in Logos 4 which is a "help" guide but not the actual resource itself so i know that Logos 4 at least recognizes some aspect of this resource.

Thanks in advance for any help

Posts 9520
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 31 2010 7:09 PM

Jim I don't have this resource but believe the problem is that Logos 4 does not yet support video resources, and it sounds like this might be one of them.

Check here to see what's missing in Logos 4 and the estimate of when it will be available: http://www.logos.com/4/missingfeatures 

As you'll see video was to be available by now, but isn't. It seems to be near the top of the list, however.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS