Received a disk, how do I get resource into my library?

Page 2 of 2 (22 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 21 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 22
Kitty Hansberry | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 4 2011 10:04 PM

Just discovered what is going on.  This is such a long thread that I will post it as a separate thread for ease in finding it.  The short version goes here:

Once Logos Customer Support enters the serial numbers into their database, synchronization will update the licenses on your Logos 4 computer, then synchronization will discover that you have licenses for which you have no resource and the resource will be downloaded automatically.  Don't even bother with trying to load the disks.

Posts 182
Deborah Mickens | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 5 2011 9:34 AM

Kitty Hansberry:

Just discovered what is going on.  This is such a long thread that I will post it as a separate thread for ease in finding it.  The short version goes here:

Once Logos Customer Support enters the serial numbers into their database, synchronization will update the licenses on your Logos 4 computer, then synchronization will discover that you have licenses for which you have no resource and the resource will be downloaded automatically.  Don't even bother with trying to load the disks.

Kitty,

I'm glad that Customer Support was able to get everything activated for you and that you are able to access your books. I do apologize for any confusion, though, that occurred while trying to access the resources. Since you said you installed Libronix/Logos 3, did you install the software from the discs you have or from the website? If you installed the software from your discs, they most likely are running an older version of Libronix/Logos 3, which is why it is always best to install Libronix/Logos 3 directly from our website here.

After Customer Support activated the Serial Numbers for you, did make sure you have a strong internet connection and then close Logos 4 and reopen it? When Logos 4 is closed, open Libronix/Logos 3 and go to Tools > Library Management > Synchronize Licenses. After that has completed, reopen Logos 4 and that should cause Logos 4 to recognize that there are new resources to download and start the process of downloading them.

Again, I apologize for any difficulty & confusion this has caused you and I'm glad you're able to access your resources now!

Deborah Mickens
Logos Bible Software, Marketing
dmickens@logos.com

Page 2 of 2 (22 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS