New KF Base Packages

Page 6 of 7 (133 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next >
This post has 132 Replies | 9 Followers

Posts 1374
nicky crane | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 16 2011 2:34 PM

Bohuslav Wojnar:
Rosie, may be it is because they will be busy working on the Czech Reverse Interlinear Bible?

Not forgetting the reverse interlinear for the Albanian Bible.  (That would be interesting - it's full of mistranslations  Devil )

Posts 2744
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 17 2011 4:46 AM

Agreed. Yes

Bohuslav

Posts 692
Steve Maling | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 17 2011 9:23 AM

Hi, Mark,

Perhaps someone else has already replied that individual WBC volumes have been available for several years. Enjoy!

Posts 62
James R. Adams | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 17 2011 10:01 AM

Resolved. I was confused. Again. Thanks.

Posts 103
Mark O'Hearn | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 17 2011 11:53 AM

Thank you for your reply Stephen.  Actually I noticed that today as I was cataloguing the better commentaries (as suggested by Best Commentaries) with those currently available for Logos 4.  Now if we could only break up the NICNT/NICOT.  Anyway, I was not surprised that Logos had almost all of the commentaries mentioned over at Best Commentaries Top 2 List.  They have an immense library available.

Posts 383
Stephen Thorp | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 18 2011 7:32 AM

Many thanks for the news about the free crossgrade to the KF Base Packages, although I am a little surprised that it hasn't come up as a major notice on the Logos Home/Desktop Page or on the Blog - news about the new NIV 2011 was a major item for some of us..

Does anyone know if this generousity will stretch to the Anglicised Edition of the NIV and the NIV reader edition?

Thanks.

Posts 3914
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 22 2011 3:55 PM

Rosie Perera:

How do you come up with those letters? Do they stand for anything, or are they just random? Here are my guesses...

RA = Really Awesome

QB = Quite a Bargain

OC = Obviously Complete

ND = Never Deficient

LE = Learn Everything

KF = Keep Functioning

I dunno why they came up with it, but I will bet a Hermeneia series that the next package update is JG.  Just Giddy.

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 66
Thomas Wooded | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 23 2011 7:08 PM

I was very tempted to upgrade last month from my Scholar's Gold to Platinum, but did not do it.  Wow, I wish I had done it... if I want now what I would have gotten last month it will cost me HUNDREDS more. Crying  I'M _VERY_ DISAPPOINTED!!!  I now feel no great urgency or temptation to upgrade without getting the Baker content.  If only we could have been informed that a change was in the works.  (Even without details, that would have probably pushed me over the edge to purchase.)

Sorry for a post that is only complaining, but I had to vent.

Maybe Logos and Baker could work out a short-term discount for those of us who are still tempted to upgrade. (?)  Otherwise, like i said, it will be a while before I upgrade. Sad

MacBook Pro 13" 2.53GHz Intel Core 2 Duo & 4GB RAM
MacOS 10.6.6 and Windows 7 Pro

Posts 2744
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 24 2011 5:43 AM

Thomas Wooded:

I was very tempted to upgrade last month from my Scholar's Gold to Platinum, but did not do it.  Wow, I wish I had done it... if I want now what I would have gotten last month it will cost me HUNDREDS more. Crying  I'M _VERY_ DISAPPOINTED!!!  I now feel no great urgency or temptation to upgrade without getting the Baker content.  If only we could have been informed that a change was in the works.  (Even without details, that would have probably pushed me over the edge to purchase.)

Maybe Logos and Baker could work out a short-term discount for those of us who are still tempted to upgrade. (?)  Otherwise, like i said, it will be a while before I upgrade. Sad

I can understand your feelings Thomas. IMHO Logos should whether compensate the lost Baker (very valuable resources) in the Platinum Package with something as valuable (I am not speaking about $ of course) or give a substantial discount for that particular package.

Bohuslav

Posts 19215
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 24 2011 11:02 AM

Bohuslav Wojnar:

Thomas Wooded:

I can understand your feelings Thomas. IMHO Logos should whether compensate the lost Baker (very valuable resources) in the Platinum Package with something as valuable (I am not speaking about $ of course) or give a substantial discount for that particular package.

Thomas, if you contact a Logos sales rep and say you were contemplating buying Platium and just delayed your decision a bit too long, they might be able to do something for you.

Posts 4
Michael Cox | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 29 2011 5:54 AM

I was just noticing that under the minimal cross-grade upgrade option for $69.95 it lists Personal Book Builder Reader  2 as one of the included upgrade items.  Since I apparently have that since my package is completed upgraded to KF, here the heck is it?

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 29 2011 6:05 AM

Michael Cox:

I was just noticing that under the minimal cross-grade upgrade option for $69.95 it lists Personal Book Builder Reader  2 as one of the included upgrade items.  Since I apparently have that since my package is completed upgraded to KF, here the heck is it?

PBB support is currently under a complete rebuild from the L3 version.  The L4 version of PBB (see missing features in my sig) we're told will have full equivalence to regular Logos books.  This means they'll take markup among other things.    So the short answer is: It's coming.

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 74
Dennis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 6 2011 6:23 AM

Hey Phil,

I just "purchased" the new NIV 2011... and I love it! Although I was quite surprised when I read your post saying I was supposed to get a FREE up-grade? The price was worth it, but I'm curious as to why I did not get it free? I have the silver (LE) package with the NIV84, is there anyway I could get a refund or gift credit to use this money on another resource? Big Smile

Also, I was wondering how soon the NIV 2011 will be getting the interlinear feature? or if they're are even working on it yet? Confused

Thanks and God Bless,

Dennis

Posts 12
Paul D. Adams | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 6 2011 6:37 AM

Dennis:

[UPDATE: Apologies. I have the Scholar's edition, so....]

I too have the Silver (LE) package but did not have to purchase the NIV 2011. It was merely pushed down automagically! 

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 6 2011 9:05 AM

Dennis:

Hey Phil,

I just "purchased" the new NIV 2011... and I love it! Although I was quite surprised when I read your post saying I was supposed to get a FREE up-grade? The price was worth it, but I'm curious as to why I did not get it free? I have the silver (LE) package with the NIV84, is there anyway I could get a refund or gift credit to use this money on another resource? Big Smile

Also, I was wondering how soon the NIV 2011 will be getting the interlinear feature? or if they're are even working on it yet? Confused

Thanks and God Bless,

Dennis

Call sales, they should be able to take care of you.

Finally, yes, Logos has said they will make a RI for the NIV 2011 but that they'll finish the RI on the NIV84 first.

Posts 1
Nick Gonzalez | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 15 2011 5:25 PM

Thanks Phil.

Whats the difference between the NIV (1984) with the new 2011 NIV?  

Has this been asked yet?  I looked and could not find anything on this discussion.

Thanks in advance.

Nickg

Posts 1821
Rick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 15 2011 7:21 PM

Nick Gonzalez:

Hi Nick, someone here in the forums suggested this page to review the differences: http://revdmarkstevens.wordpress.com/2010/11/05/updates-to-the-niv-2011-comparison-page/  unfortunately, I cannot remember who supplied the link (I bookmarked it quite some time ago) to give them credit. I am not trained enough or use the NIV enough to know if it was mostly positive or negative changes, but have heard from both sides of the isle. Some love it and others don't for various reasons. But, until someone else can give a more detailed response I hope the web site can help.

Posts 421
Scott S | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 15 2011 8:09 PM

Nick Gonzalez:

Widely varied discussion   By the numbers

Posts 12
Paul D. Adams | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 16 2011 4:15 AM

See Translator's Notes and here for detailed info on updated NIV vis-a-vis 1984 edition.

Posts 2
Mike D | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 16 2011 9:43 AM

Thanks for the info. However, when I go to the crossgrade page and select my current package it takes me to a page to upgrade from LE to KF, but it also adds WBC, which I already own, for $699. What should I do?

Thanks, MIke

Page 6 of 7 (133 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > | RSS