Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 4
Chris Keating | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jan 11 2011 12:45 PM

I have learned how to open a book in a floating window, now how do I put it back in the tabbed area it came from?

Thanks!

Chris

Posts 667
Jonathan Pitts | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 11 2011 1:19 PM

Just drag the tab with the book's name where you want to dock it.

Posts 5632
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 11 2011 1:21 PM

Or right-click on the tab, and select "Dock this tab"

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 4
Chris Keating | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 11 2011 1:39 PM

Thanks, it worked!

Posts 8493
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 11 2011 8:17 PM

Chris Keating:

I have learned how to open a book in a floating window, now how do I put it back in the tabbed area it came from?

Thanks!

Chris

Is this a trick question?...LOL...just kidding.  Same thing happened to me and when I discovered that "Dock this panel" did the trick I was like "DUHHH!" Don't worry, before you know it you will have learned and memorized a lot of tricks and short cuts to this amazing software!

Blessings!

Douglas

Posts 19333
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 11 2011 8:55 PM

And for keyboard lovers, Ctrl+F11 is the shortcut (Cmd+F11 on the Mac, I presume). The nice this about this is is both floats AND docks a panel, so you don't have to remember two different methods/commands.

EDIT: Oops. I was wrong. Ctrl+F11 floats a panel, Shift+Ctrl+F11 docks it back again (but not necessarily in the same place it came from).

Posts 114
James Matichuk | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 12 2011 12:54 AM

CTRL F11 does it both ways for me. CTRL + Shift F11, doesn't work for me.

Posts 19333
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 12 2011 2:38 PM

James Matichuk:

CTRL F11 does it both ways for me. CTRL + Shift F11, doesn't work for me.

Yeah, I could have sworn I remembered it was that, too, which is why I made the mistaken post before. But I'm using 4.a Beta 4. Maybe they changed it. Are you using the beta?

Posts 114
James Matichuk | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 12 2011 4:56 PM

Nope I'm just using the regular release. I hit the ctrl+shift commands by mistake all the time, so I have a pretty good sense of when they don't work for me. Smile

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS