indexing every time I open the program

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 613
Randall Cue | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jan 14 2011 9:40 AM

I ran the "rebuild index" command from the command line because the merge indexes did not  seem to work. Since running that command, each time I open L4Mac the program indexes for about 30 minutes. Here is my latest log.

Soli Deo Gloria,

Randy

8688.Logging.zip

Soli Deo Gloria

Randy

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 14 2011 10:20 AM

Appears NIV2011 crashing indexer for many Logos 4.0b SR-2 4.10.4.8574 users on Mac - not know if resource or program needs an update.

Indexer crashing on resource NIV2011.logos4 - zip file has Indexer.log and Logos4_crash.txt 

Couple workaround options:

* Hide NIV2011 (deletes local file)

OR

* Move NIV2011.logos4 file from resources folder - complete indexing - move file back to resources folder 

Wiki page has resource folder path => http://wiki.logos.com/An_update_is_downloading,_what_is_it#Check_Resources 

Note: moving allows NIV to be opened, but since not indexed, search returns nothing.  Can do text comparison between NIV and NIV84.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 613
Randall Cue | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 14 2011 1:43 PM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):

Appears NIV2011 crashing indexer for many Logos 4.0b SR-2 4.10.4.8574 users on Mac - not know if resource or program needs an update.

Indexer crashing on resource NIV2011.logos4 - zip file has Indexer.log and Logos4_crash.txt 

Couple workaround options:

* Hide NIV2011 (deletes local file)

OR

* Move NIV2011.logos4 file from resources folder - complete indexing - move file back to resources folder 

Wiki page has resource folder path => http://wiki.logos.com/An_update_is_downloading,_what_is_it#Check_Resources 

Note: moving allows NIV to be opened, but since not indexed, search returns nothing.  Can do text comparison between NIV and NIV84.

Keep Smiling Smile

Thanks so much. I moved the NIV2011 to my desktop, and when the indexing was done moved it back. All seems to be well. I started L4Mav and it did not index. Thanks again for the help.

Soli Deo Gloria,

Randy

Soli Deo Gloria

Randy

Posts 249
DHG | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 14 2011 5:13 PM

Same problem here...rebuilt my index and 0 search results now from my library.  I removed my NIV 2011 and will try it again. Thanks for the help.

Posts 287
Jerry Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 14 2011 6:03 PM

Yep same problem. But I did do step two as suggested by Keep Smiling and that did the trick. Just wanted the developers to know that there is a problem. 

Posts 692
Otto S. Carroll | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 14 2011 9:29 PM

I had the same issue (posted in another thread) - one of the developers responded last night that they are aware and working on this.

15" rMBP 2.6 GHz i7 | 16 GB RAM | 1.0 TB Flash Drive | OS X 10.12.3 | Logos 7.0 (7.3.0.0062)

Posts 68
Tom Philpot | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 14 2011 10:15 PM

Otto S. Carroll:

I had the same issue (posted in another thread) - one of the developers responded last night that they are aware and working on this.

Yep. I'm going to look at it right now. I'm guessing we'll be pushing a new 4.0b Service Release once we get this fixed.

Posts 117
Kenny Larsen | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 15 2011 7:00 AM

As a point, it seems to index fine with the beta, although there are other issues (font rendering for one), but the beta is a lot quicker.

Posts 2691
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 15 2011 10:17 PM

I'm glad you guys are on top of this. I was thinking I would have to do a whole rebuild of the index....Crying

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS