Custom font for Copy Bible Verse, How-to

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 2
Jim Collins | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jan 15 2011 8:06 AM

I use copy Bible verse very often.  One small irratation is that it always copys/pastes the vese in Times Roman.  I almost never use that font.  Is there a way to modify how logos 4 copies/sends the verse. 

To be specific, for my message notes I use Lucida Sans Unicode.  I would like to be able to copy/paste Bible verses using that font so that I do not have to modify the font in Word after I have pasted it.

Thanks for the help.

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 15 2011 8:12 AM

You need to use the formatting tag that allows you to specify what Word Style to use when you paste.That style in word can include the font of your choice

%HeaderStyle = My Style Name Word style for header
%ForEachVerseStyle = My Style Name Word style for verse

See:  http://wiki.logos.com/Copy_Bible_Verses#Copy_Bible_Verses_Styles for more ideas/documentation

Posts 158
Reid A Ferguson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 22 2014 11:28 AM

Kevin, is there a step-by-step to see this somewhere? I want to change the Copy Bible Verses font to Century Gothic, but am lost as how to actually do it. Thanks. 

Posts 23453
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 23 2014 12:55 PM

The wiki link in Kevin's post should provide the information. So you specify the style(s) in CBV, and create the style in MS Word so that it uses your font.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 4
Warren Ryan | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 6 2018 3:31 PM

Dave--I'm hoping you can help. I'm creating a new style for the "Copy Bible Verses" function and have been struggling for hours to get it the way I want.

The thing I am now trying to get it to do is to make a line break (not a paragraph break) following the header.

I, of course, have no clue what I am doing and have been floundering. For whatever reason, I discovered that simply putting a "<" creates the manual line break, such that it copies into Word that way. But the "<" also copies over. I trying to use "<br/>" but that behaves the same way.

Here is the current code:

%NoRedLetter
%NoFootnotes
%NoCitation
%HeaderStyle=Logos
%ForEachVerseStyle= Logos

=Header
<p><b>[FullPassageRef]</b>
<

=ForEachVerse
<sup>[VerseNum]</sup>[VerseText]

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS