Sermon Notes

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 263
Steve Clevenger | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jan 22 2011 10:48 AM

What program do you brothers use to sync sermons notes, church docs, between computers and other devices (Dropbox, Windows Live Mesh 2011, SugarSync, etc.)?  Or for sermon notes will you just use Logos 4 sermon note file when it comes out? http://www.logos.com/4/missingfeatures

thanks

Posts 4768
RIP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 22 2011 10:52 AM

I don't sync them because we do not have internet access at church. I just use a thumb drive.

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 22 2011 11:00 AM

Steve Clevenger:

What program do you brothers use to sync sermons notes, church docs, between computers and other devices (Dropbox, Windows Live Mesh 2011, SugarSync, etc.)?  Or for sermon notes will you just use Logos 4 sermon note file when it comes out? http://www.logos.com/4/missingfeatures

thanks

Windows Live Mesh (it is free)

Posts 33
Jeff Causey | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 22 2011 11:03 AM

I've been using Dropbox for a short while now to be able to have files available when on different computers/devices.  I've been very happy with it, especially since I can get to my files via Linux, Win, iPhone and Android.

Posts 406
Fred Greco | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 22 2011 11:15 AM

I set up Dropbox as a kind of easy "server substitute" for us at church.  We have four people in our office ( 3 pastors and an admin) and this allows us to more easily track and share documents (like the bulletin).

I also would recommend the free version (at least) of a Remote Desktop program.  We use LogMeIn.  That allows me to access my admin's PC when I am not in the office, and print documents (notes, handouts, etc) from her PC attached to our copier/printer.  Then when I get to church, they are waiting for me.

Fred Greco
Senior Pastor, Christ Church PCA, Katy, TX
Windows 10 64-bit; Logos 7.1 SR-2 (Reformed Platinum)

Posts 56
Noel Dear | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 22 2011 12:44 PM

I use Dropbox which does a great job of syncing my office and home computers as well as giving access on my iPhone and iPad.  It is free for the first two gigs, which is a lot of sermons.  You also get extra free space if you refer your friends.

This link is me referring my friends :)... http://db.tt/5lCCAsf
 (and if you use this link, you also get an extra 250MB of space for free)

Noel

Posts 2877
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 27 2011 7:32 AM

DropBox is the best option for a number of reasons.

1. 2GB of free storage and the ability to add to that. For one thing there is a "game" you can do now and get an extra GB free.

2. There are a ton of apps that interface with DB so if you think you might ever get a mobile device like an Android phone, a iPhone, iPad or tablet, this is a great option.

3. It has very simple sharing features that let you share files with others via an open folder while still protecting the others.

Posts 3
George Kuruvilla | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 1 2013 12:03 AM

I use Sermonotes and its pretty fast and easy to search the Bible with its Auto complete functionality.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS